Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Wait to Tune?

I'm looking to get a tune pretty soon but I am not sure if I should wait or not. My current mods are:

K&N 63 series CAI
Flowmaster AM Thunder Axle Back
VMAX Black Ice-Olator
VMAX Ported Throttle Body

In the future I am going I add BBK Long Tube Headers and most likely the ZEX nitrous kit. I know Trifecta charges another $100 for major mods. I don't think they would charge me for the LT headers but I guessing nitrous is a major mod. Should I wait and do my tune last or could I do it next and not be charged again?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
No they don't charge for nitrous either. It's just a matter of pulling a little bit of timing. I would honestly wait it out on a tune but it's up to you. If you're an auto, it'll feel better with firmer shifts and better shift points but don't expect a any noticeable power increases

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No they don't charge for nitrous either. It's just a matter of pulling a little bit of timing. I would honestly wait it out on a tune but it's up to you. If you're an auto, it'll feel better with firmer shifts and better shift points but don't expect a any noticeable power increases
Well if it wouldn't be any extra what would be your reason for waiting?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
get headers, then get a tune. thats what i am doing. im probably gonna run without a tune for a month or so. If you live in houston then you can get MAtt at FSP to do a IPF tune for you. I would go with them because i feel from all the data i have seen, that IPF gives the best gains
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
Well if it wouldn't be any extra what would be your reason for waiting?
The gains don't justify the cost. The only reason I see for a tune is to remove the CEL. I'm strictly speaking about the Trifecta tune. I've never tried the IPF but might if I have nothing else to spend on.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do as much bolt-ons as possible, then headers, and then tune if you need the CEL gone. If not, I wouldn't even tune at all. I'd just spend the money on something else.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote