Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Service Airbags alert

My Camaro just started showing a Service Airbags alert on occasion. My wife sometimes will not activate the passenger airbag because she's too light and sometimes uses a cushion. This has never popped up before in the 4 years I've had the car so I don't hink it's due to her weight not activating it. It will also come on at times when she's not in the car. Sometimes it won't come on at all. Anyone have any ideas or may have experienced this as to a cause? Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Mine just started doing this last week it sucks
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
My Camaro just started showing a Service Airbags alert on occasion. My wife sometimes will not activate the passenger airbag because she's too light and sometimes uses a cushion. This has never popped up before in the 4 years I've had the car so I don't hink it's due to her weight not activating it. It will also come on at times when she's not in the car. Sometimes it won't come on at all. Anyone have any ideas or may have experienced this as to a cause? Thanks!
ssmike,

Sincere apologies about your service airbag light illuminating. I know this must be displeasing for you. I'd be happy to research any recalls associated with this concern if you private message me your VIN. Have you considered scheduling an appointment to have this diagnosed?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
ssmike,

Sincere apologies about your service airbag light illuminating. I know this must be displeasing for you. I'd be happy to research any recalls associated with this concern if you private message me your VIN. Have you considered scheduling an appointment to have this diagnosed?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I haven't thought about making an appointment primarily because it is now out of warranty. I was hoping someone here may have had an idea of what is causing it. I'll send you a PM shortly!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I haven't thought about making an appointment primarily because it is now out of warranty. I was hoping someone here may have had an idea of what is causing it. I'll send you a PM shortly!
Thanks,

I received it and responded to you via PM!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
I have the same issue. Is there any way that you could check for any recalls for my car as well?

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

He checked for me and there is no recalls.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I found a thread about this! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=service+bag
Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Mine does this. Ding ding ding like it is very important then off 20-30 minutes one ding then gone for days, then months, then back to ding ding ding. Annoying and not sure whats up.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Zynon

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS - V6 Manual
Unfortunately, my airbag light is on and "Service Airbag" comes on every time I start the car. Took it to the dealer, and they're claiming it's a $560 fix. They didn't tell me the code, but the one blurb on the paperwork says the sensor is reading out of range, and they did not seem to try to re-seat the connection or reset/re-calibrate the sensor.
Zynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hello Zynon,

I am sorry to hear about this! We would be happy to assist further and speak with your dealership. You may private message us your full contact information, VIN, and name of involved dealer if you would like us to help. Thank you!

Jessica (assisting William R.)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynon View Post
Unfortunately, my airbag light is on and "Service Airbag" comes on every time I start the car. Took it to the dealer, and they're claiming it's a $560 fix. They didn't tell me the code, but the one blurb on the paperwork says the sensor is reading out of range, and they did not seem to try to re-seat the connection or reset/re-calibrate the sensor.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I know ive seen issues with the drivers side wiring in the seat cause this issue,if the seat get moved a lot the harness gets stretched and causes an open in the circuit, hopefully its something easy like that either way make sure you don't ignore it good luck
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
njneer

Drives: 2010 1LT
Same thing with my 2010 1LT earlier this month. I just made sure the connectors under both seats were firmly plugged in, disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, and it never came back. Probably will at some point in the future
njneer is offline   Reply With Quote