Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 09-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
durbojones

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro, M6, AGM
What to do next????

I am at a decision point on what to do next to the car. I have completely gone through the suspension and added a set of 19x10 Forgelines with a set of 295/35zr19 Pilot Super Sports (which are amazing tires). The car is handling extremely well and is very comfortable for me to drive. I participated in an American Street Car Series event in Nashville and was first in both the Speed Stop challenge and the Oval.

I can't decide on whether I want to go with the CTS-V six piston brakes, 3.91s and truetrac, or a cam setup in the car as my next mod. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
All great ideas. On track I believe you'll most likely see better lap times going with CTSV brakes vs. the trutrack or cam. Depending on the track they can shave a few seconds off your lap. Heck, I'm braking 300 feet further into a 125-30mph brake zone with them.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Seat time and brakes are pretty ****ing much the best mods a street car can do after sticky icky tires. More powaaa when you stop getting first hehe.

My cam and heads got me an immediate 6 seconds on the car at the roval from just a bolt on setup. Brakes got me to live and droped 13 some odd stupid amount of seconds at one of the willows. Easy choice me thinks.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Seat time and brakes are pretty ****ing much the best mods a street car can do after sticky icky tires. More powaaa when you stop getting first hehe.

My cam and heads got me an immediate 6 seconds on the car at the roval from just a bolt on setup. Brakes got me to live and droped 13 some odd stupid amount of seconds at one of the willows. Easy choice me thinks.
What heads and cam are you running?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I'll be moving to Clarksville soon, I hope to get to the track out there. Is the Clarksville Speedway any good?
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote