Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I really don't care if the 2015 isn't faster in a straight line than the outgoing one; it's the handling that is much improved. Besides, I'm sure once the 6th gen Camaro comes out the Mustang will get a conveniently timed boost in power.

I'm actually not interested in the GT at all this time around. I want that flat plane crank 5.2.
We have a first...a mustang owner saying they don't care about straight line and talking about handling.
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:12 AM   #16
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
From Mustang6g.com..

2.3L EcoBoost FRPP Modifications: 12.56 secs
- Performance Rear Subframe Kit
- Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit
- Draft Shaft Safety Loops
-Prototype Off-Road Exhaust
-Ford Racing Development Engine Calibration

- Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks (Rear)
- Weld-Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels (Rear)
- Recaro Race Seat

5.0L Naturally Aspirated GT FRPP Modifications: 11.77 secs
- Prototype Off-Road Exhaust
- Ford Racing Development Engine Calibration

- Wels-Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels (Rear)
- Four Point Roll Cage
- Recaro Race Seat

5.0L Supercharged GT FRPP Modifications: 10.97 secs
- Ford Racing/ROUSH Performance Supercharger Kit
- Drive Shaft Safety Loops
- Ford Racing Development Engine Calibration

- Weld-Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels (Rear)
- Four-Point Roll Cage
- Recaro Race Seat

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...2015-3878.html

That's with Ford Racing stuff...other aftermarket tends to be a bit more aggressive too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the 5.0 N/A not bad. Most of the cash that was invested into the car was safety gear which added weight, imo not really needed for mid to high 11s. Bottom line is Tune, Exhaust, Lightweight Wheels, and DRs and the car should run in the 11s, nothing new there though as the 5.0 has been doing this for 4 years.

I still want to see a stock 15 5.0 get it's AS! handed to it by one of these new R/T Scat Pack Challengers.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Most of the cash that was invested into the car was safety gear which added weight, imo not really needed for mid to high 11s. Bottom line is Tune, Exhaust, Lightweight Wheels, and DRs
...and NONE of that would be possible, long-term, without:

BTW, maybe someone in Ford Racing can tell the intern who wrote this incomplete list how to spell DRIVE Shaft Safety Loops...repeated TWICE. Or is this more "Pericak perfection"?!

Also, THREE pieces of data, critical to Ford's "full disclosure", MISSING:

1) Curb Weight, as raced (you'll notice NONE of the cars carries a FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM...)

2) RWHP

3) Fuel used

Without those critical stats, "your results WILL vary"...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-27-2014 at 08:17 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #18
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelby View Post
IF you read, they ran the cars at 2 different tracks.
Milan dragway
US 131 dragway.
BOTH of those tracks have SCOREBOARDS at their Finish Line...right?

How come no video of the times listed? Did they run out of space, after wasting it trying to replicate a non-existent WHEELIE? But that "wheelie" picture sure had the little boys 'n girls GIDDY with GLEE...for about a day...

Fanboys 'n girls will believe ANYTHING...and EVERYTHING...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-27-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
It's ford racing. Anyone who knows anything about their procal knows the stuff runs off of regular unleaded fuel. Not race gas. These are all parts that can be bought from Ford Racing. These are probably very safe and conservative tunes.

This is more of an advertising deal to showcase what ford has to offer in regards to upgrades. I'm sure half of that stuff isnt needed for the daily driver who takes their car to the track a few times a year.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
So far the only FRPP listed that hasn't surfaced is the rear subframe bracing. The tunes will show eventually.
It's looking like they ran without the passenger seat or rear seat and the exhaust has dumps/cutouts. A little left unsaid in the video, but nothing dramatically modified.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #21
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

In regards to the 5.0 N/A not bad. Most of the cash that was invested into the car was safety gear which added weight, imo not really needed for mid to high 11s. Bottom line is Tune, Exhaust, Lightweight Wheels, and DRs and the car should run in the 11s, nothing new there though as the 5.0 has been doing this for 4 years.

I still want to see a stock 15 5.0 get it's AS! handed to it by one of these new R/T Scat Pack Challengers.
It should but who really cares about stock? I'd like to see Dodge aftermarket get better than honda's...
Old 09-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #22
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Fanboys 'n girls will believe ANYTHING...and EVERYTHING...
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, this is true no matter what brand you prefer. As I read through many of the posts on this site, you can find examples of this left and right.

Last edited by tooslow; 09-27-2014 at 03:01 PM.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #23
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
It's ford racing. Anyone who knows anything about their procal
Protocol is the word you're searching for...and AGAIN, you're assuming FACTS not entered as evidence... "ass-u-me".

Quote:
This is more of an advertising deal to showcase what ford has to offer in regards to upgrades.
That is now VERY evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So far the only FRPP listed that hasn't surfaced is the rear subframe bracing. The tunes will show eventually.
It's looking like they ran without the passenger seat or rear seat and the exhaust has dumps/cutouts. A little left unsaid in the video, but nothing dramatically modified.
REALLY?! So what does the "unlisted" LIST also NOT include? What do the missing seats and full exhaust system and AlumaStars equal in REDUCED WEIGHT? What else was added-changed-deleted?

They have to answer those THREE questions I raised to come up with ANY meaningful relevance for this P.R. stunt...

Also note the use of full-on racing slicks, NOT streetable Drag Radials. Folks, these are RACE CARS, as run. One-seater RACE CARS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Couldn't agree more.
Thanks, girly. How are the dust and rain storms affecting AZ?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #24
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
I am curious as to why they "need" the suspension/chassis mods? Maybe it flexes to much with a sticky tire? Maybe wheel hop? So much for not having to worry about the good ole 8.8 like in the solid axle days. Only time will truly tell.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Protocol is the word you're searching for...and AGAIN, you're assuming FACTS not entered as evidence... "ass-u-me".

That is now VERY evident.

REALLY?! So what does the "unlisted" LIST also NOT include? What do the missing seats and full exhaust system and AlumaStars equal in REDUCED WEIGHT? What else was added-changed-deleted?

They have to answer those THREE questions I raised to come up with ANY meaningful relevance for this P.R. stunt...

Also note the use of full-on racing slicks, NOT streetable Drag Radials. Folks, these are RACE CARS, as run. One-seater RACE CARS.

Thanks, girly. How are the dust and rain storms affecting AZ?

You really seem to either be extremely butthurt, or have some personal vendetta against Ford. You seem to be trying to grasp at anything you can to try and discredit Ford. I would wager that if GM posted a similar video you would be on the bandwagon waving a GM flag, questioning nothing.

Not really surprised by the 5.0, it's been doing that since 2011. The 2.3 is impressive though.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #26
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
You really seem to either be extremely butthurt, or have some personal vendetta against Ford. You seem to be trying to grasp at anything you can to try and discredit Ford. I would wager that if GM posted a similar video you would be on the bandwagon waving a GM flag, questioning nothing.
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

What's wrong (or "butthurt") with ASKING for explanation and clarification when:

1) The "we ONLY did this" LIST is NOT FACTUAL, in totality?

2) THEIR video evidence does NOT support THEIR self-created LIST!

3) This information is being disseminated WIDELY (forums-Facebook-YouTube-magazine sites etc.) by MANY and being swallowed AS DESCRIBED by literally 1,000s as being FACTUAL AS STATED, when CLEARLY it is NOT...

This is part-and-parcel of a new-Gen sophisticated social media Marketing Plan, propagated by Ford and, therefore, sanctioned by Ford. And what is being spread "as gospel", ISN'T...

If this was any other product(s) being marketed by any other company(ies), the groundswell of consumer revolt would be WIDESPREAD. And FULLY justified...

So, I'm "butthurt" because a car company is spreading spurious information as FACT? If it was GM or Mopar or VW instead of Ford, it would NOT make the situation any more acceptable...PERIOD! Only, this time, it's Ford's OWN VIDEO and narrative that is damning...

Go back and listen to the video...c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y...and the speeches given ("bone stock") are NOT FACTUAL...are they? Neither is "the LIST"...

As "critical" as you may find my scrutiny of this Ford-created video, you can be SURE there are 100s of Ford fans spouting the times as FACT...and the necessary TOTAL modifications are being "lost in translation"... because they have NOT been FULLY revealed.

More Ford oversell...like "weight loss" and several other engineering-incorrect tidbits released by Ford during this Launch, including the "wheelie". Bullsh!t is another applicable term...

"Lies, damned lies, statistics".

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-27-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
Protocol is the word you're searching for...
Maybe that was the word, but I'm pretty sure he meant ProCal, as in the device Ford Racing uses to install its tunes onto the cars. If you order a cold air kit from Ford Racing, they send you a ProCal with it and a factory calibrated tune specifically designed for that intake setup.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #28
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
More Ford oversell...like "weight loss" and several other engineering-incorrect tidbits released by Ford during this Launch, including the "wheelie". Bullsh!t is another applicable term...

"Lies, damned lies, statistics".
I seem to remember GM doing the same thing back in the day with the ZL1 introduction and drag strip times. They showed video of those cars going high-eleven's a a track but failed to note that the cars were on drag radials. You act as if GM is above this type of thing when we all know that ALL manufacturers do it.

Last edited by tooslow; 09-27-2014 at 07:06 PM.