Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #29
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
I seem to remember GM doing the same thing back in the day with the ZL1 introduction and drag strip times. They showed video of those cats going high-eleven's a a track but failed to note that the cars were on drag radials. You act as if GM is above this type of thing when we all know that ALL manufacturers do it.
Exactly!!!! Where was Mr. LOWDOWN when that questionable video surfaced??? He just stayed on the DOWNLOW.....
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
I seem to remember GM doing the same thing back in the day with the ZL1 introduction and drag strip times. They showed video of those cats going high-eleven's a a track but failed to note that the cars were on drag radials. You act as if GM is above this type of thing when we all know that ALL manufacturers do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
Exactly!!!! Where was Mr. LOWDOWN when that questionable video surfaced??? He just stayed on the DOWNLOW.....
Exactly!!!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #31
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Maybe that was the word, but I'm pretty sure he meant ProCal, as in the device Ford Racing uses to install its tunes onto the cars. If you order a cold air kit from Ford Racing, they send you a ProCal with it and a factory calibrated tune specifically designed for that intake setup.
...which is spelled, as you illustrated, "ProCal"...not procal...and, as I stated, would be part of Ford's engineering "protocol"... Say what you mean (and spell correctly) and mean what you say...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Exactly!!!
That has been debunked a 1000 times. You're around for the accusation, but you missed the 'splaining. Quite a troop of parrots we have, here...typical Ford fans though...

FACT: Ford LIED in this VIDEO...and not just a little bit...

...and since you're demonstrating parrot-like personalities and speech patterns, THAT is why it is sooooo crucial for y'all to CLEARLY understand what you're ACTUALLY seeing...

Now, go to Ford Nation and SPREAD the TRUTH!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #32
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...which is spelled, as you illustrated, "ProCal"...not procal...and, as I stated, would be part of Ford's engineering "protocol"... Say what you mean (and spell correctly) and mean what you say...

That has been debunked a 1000 times. You're around for the accusation, but you missed the 'splaining. Quite a troop of parrots we have, here...typical Ford fans though...

...and since you're demonstrating parrot-like personalities and speech patterns, THAT is why it is sooooo crucial for y'all to CLEARLY understand what you're ACTUALLY seeing...

The Butthurt runs deep with this one.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #33
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
The Butthurt runs deep with this one.
You, as a FORD loyalist, should be butt hurt that your Brand would, and continues to, intentionally mislead you. They made that video for YOU...not me.

Me? Not in the slightest...but it DOES, sadly, reaffirm the gullibility with which you're willing to accept their WORD when CLEAR VIDEO EVIDENCE, supplied by THEM, proves to be contrary to the FACTS.

Send a letter to Jesse and Co. and tell them to BE transparent, NOT just PRETEND to be. When people start major modifications on a "bone stock" car, where does it end?

It doesn't...

And EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER should learn from this nonsense as well as the misleading drivel Mopar spread regarding the Hellcat Challenger. Runs 11s...unless you order a Stick! Then, it struggles to match the now-overweight Gen-6 Lincoln...err...Mustang.

Also a FACT.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #34
mr.solis

Drives: black
Impressive times.

Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.
mr.solis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #35
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
In the video you mention, GM engineers ran the ZL1 with, and without drag radials. The 11.9x times for both manual and auto were "conducted with stock test vehicle wearing all the street-legal, factory-issued components – and no time-consuming equipment adjustments at the racetrack". See attached

In the video you mention, the drivetrain engineer explains they put drag radial on to demonstrate the fact the the drivetrain had been designed to withstand the additional loads of drag radial.

Members here have made 100's of passes pushing over 700 rwhp without issue. Job well done! No "Performance Rear Subframe Kit". No "Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit". No "Drive Shaft Safety Loops". You'd think Ford is worried their new marvel of IRS engineering will fall apart.

and please... everyone... stop with the butthurt terminology. Its so...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 15-PG-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1.pdf (248.1 KB, 133 views)

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #36
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.solis View Post
Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #37
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
It should but who really cares about stock? I'd like to see Dodge aftermarket get better than honda's...
Yeah it's a bitch needing mods to run with a stock R/T , the nice thing about Dodge's 392 is that you are starting out with more HP/TQ than you are getting out of full bolt-on 5.0s or LS3s.

With DRs on a Scat Pack 8-speed auto you should see 11:70s-11:80s @ 115. Which means your going to need your aftermarket to keep up in an LS3 or 5.0.

Also in regards to Ford's ProCal tunes, my 5.0 actually lost 1-mph and 1-tenth, compared to stock.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #38
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yeah it's a bitch needing mods to run with a stock R/T , the nice thing about Dodge's 392 is that you are starting out with more HP/TQ than you are getting out of full bolt-on 5.0s or LS3s.

With DRs on a Scat Pack 8-speed auto you should see 11:70s-11:80s @ 115. Which means your going to need your aftermarket to keep up in an LS3 or 5.0.

Also in regards to Ford's ProCal tunes, my 5.0 actually lost 1-mph and 1-tenth, compared to stock.
It's definitely going to need DR's in order to get off the line. I dont know how Dodge thought it'd be ok to stick a 245 tire on there with that much power.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #39
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
In the video you mention, GM engineers ran the ZL1 with, and without drag radials. The 11.9x times for both manual and auto were "conducted with stock test vehicle wearing all the street-legal, factory-issued components – and no time-consuming equipment adjustments at the racetrack". See attached

In the video you mention, the drivetrain engineer explains they put drag radial on to demonstrate the fact the the drivetrain had been designed to withstand the additional loads of drag radial.

Members here have made 100's of passes pushing over 700 rwhp without issue. Job well done! No "Performance Rear Subframe Kit". No "Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit". No "Drive Shaft Safety Loops". You'd think Ford is worried their new marvel of IRS engineering will fall apart.

and please... everyone... stop with the butthurt terminology. Its so...
In the Ford video they clearly run the car with and without skinnies up front. I have no idea if the 12.5 was with or without them, but it seems pretty silly to just accept GM saying that they didn't use drag radials for the ET they reported, though they did use them in other runs, and assume that because Ford did some runs with skinnies that they absolutely must have used skinnies on that particular run.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
"The truth will set you free".

So...a little more than just "tune 'n tires", right?

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Kulx2AfNZuY
Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that just what a magazine editor said? I don't recal Ford ever saying it I remember lots of members saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Auto 11-14 coyotes do this with THE right tune, cai, and offroad x...not really impressed with this newer mustang. Im sure it will be a nicer riding car but the looks of it are too generic.
Ford racing tunes are super conservative. Wait till lethal and some other ford tuners get them

Quote:
Funny how khell86's picture and the video do NOT match...what happened to the listing for the FRONT ALUMASTARS?! And how much weight do THEY save?! Did they use those on the others' too?! Front stabilizer disconnected?! What ELSE, not listed?!

The video is clearly spliced together as LD mentioned, that is kind of disappointing.

If you watch the video, "now you see 'em, now you DON'T"!

More Ford misinformation...
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #41
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
You, as a FORD loyalist, should be butt hurt that your Brand would, and continues to, intentionally mislead you. They made that video for YOU...not me.

Me? Not in the slightest...but it DOES, sadly, reaffirm the gullibility with which you're willing to accept their WORD when CLEAR VIDEO EVIDENCE, supplied by THEM, proves to be contrary to the FACTS.

Send a letter to Jesse and Co. and tell them to BE transparent, NOT just PRETEND to be. When people start major modifications on a "bone stock" car, where does it end?

It doesn't...

And EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER should learn from this nonsense as well as the misleading drivel Mopar spread regarding the Hellcat Challenger. Runs 11s...unless you order a Stick! Then, it struggles to match the now-overweight Gen-6 Lincoln...err...Mustang.

Also a FACT.
Knowledgeable people like you make Forums so exciting and fun to visit.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #42
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:

It doesn't...

Also a FACT.
Guess what grandpa....all car manufactures lie but yet you take GM's word as gospel.
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote