Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
mattuz

Drives: 2011 victory red camaro
In a dilemma about grill

So I bought an unpainted heritage grill, pretty cheap on eBay, me being the dumb one, I decided to save some more and paint it myself. I'm a perfectionist and it had a couple flaws, so I decided to just start sanding the whole thing back down, which is a major pain, and I only have a small part sanded down now. My question is would I be better off to just spend $300 to buy one online that's already painted, or just continue sanding on mine, and take it to a body shop and have them paint it? I'm figuring they are probably gonna charge $150-$175 or so just to paint it.
mattuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Send it to Lupe, at River City Creations & let him fix it all up & paint it. I think it would be worth the money . His work is great.

He charges $370.00 for a brand new grill painted. But see what he would charge to just paint yours .
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
mattuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
Send it to Lupe, at River City Creations & let him fix it all up & paint it. I think it would be worth the money . His work is great.

I've seen some of his work, and it's amazing. But I'm afraid paying shipping both ways, would get expensive.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
buy a new one and sand and paint the one you have. and then sell it and make some of your money back. I would get the new one from Maureen
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
mattuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
buy a new one and sand and paint the one you have. and then sell it and make some of your money back. I would get the new one from Maureen

That's a good idea. Thanks! Who is Maureen?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #6
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
http://www.rodgerschevrolet.com/ ask for her she will do right by you on any part you need for your car. many people on Camaro 5 have used her. maybe someone that has used her can let this guy know he is in good hands with Maureen
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
A body shop should be able to paint it for a lot less than $150, it's a small part.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #8
scott's45
Scott's45

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
When I wanted to get my strut tower brace painted, I took it to the dealer. I figured they would have the correct paint in stock, or had the code to easily whip it up. They only charged me $60. No shipping to deal with, just dropped it off and picked it up. I would think the grill would cost about the same.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary, Hurst short throw shifter, Stainless Power LT headers, high flow cats, SW Retro Chambered 3" cat back, CAI, Heritage grill, tinted windows, red/silver hash stripes, AAC LED sidemarkers, blacked out turn signals/tail lights, splash guards. 402RWHP

scott's45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
mattuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott's45 View Post
When I wanted to get my strut tower brace painted, I took it to the dealer. I figured they would have the correct paint in stock, or had the code to easily whip it up. They only charged me $60. No shipping to deal with, just dropped it off and picked it up. I would think the grill would cost about the same.

Did they have to mask off your strut tower brace? With this grill, it will have to be masked, which has to be quite detailed
Old 03-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #10
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
http://www.rodgerschevrolet.com/ ask for her she will do right by you on any part you need for your car. many people on Camaro 5 have used her. maybe someone that has used her can let this guy know he is in good hands with Maureen
I've used Maureen for a number of purchases. Actually waiting now for delivery of a heritage grille through her. She had one in stock, but wouldn't ship it because several of the grill fins weren't straight. She ordered another one in rather than ship that one to me. They (Rodgers Chevrolet, Maureen and Becky) are truly a class act. Great to work with!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
How do you get in touch with her, I emailed her 4 times she replied once then never again been 4 days since then. Really don't see why she gets so much praise?

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Haven't seen a pic of your ride, but here is a thought. Maybe you can work out a theme, which includes you plasti dippin the grille instead. This may work out for you and look very nice indeed, but it all depends on the theme of your red Camaro.

I always try and work around with what I've got already, as opposed to the other way around, the former tends to cost less .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:14 AM   #13
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
I've used Maureen for a number of purchases. Actually waiting now for delivery of a heritage grille through her. She had one in stock, but wouldn't ship it because several of the grill fins weren't straight. She ordered another one in rather than ship that one to me. They (Rodgers Chevrolet, Maureen and Becky) are truly a class act. Great to work with!
Maureen and Becky for the win! Definitely get your part here! Give them time...they will get back to you. 4 days is nothing to get quality and professional service!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 AM   #14
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
buy the painted one.. I did and installed right out the box... better than messing with an unpainted part to try to match the paint.
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote