Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #183
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Awesome !!!!!
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #184
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Woooo - Whooooo! Congrats!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #185
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Found this picture on the G16 picture thread.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #186
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Damn that engine bay looks sexy, nice car bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Awesome !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Woooo - Whooooo! Congrats!
Thanks all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Found this picture on the G16 picture thread
Yeah..that is from my new friends from Kentucky. He did this at night, left the camera on auto, and zoomed in while the shutter was open. Very cool effect.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #187
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
ACE5 Won the Club Participation Award (most registrations for a club!)

FBodFather Signature

Super Modified Class Winner
Congrats Joe!!! That car is a work of art. It should have won!!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #188
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Congrats Joe! It was nice to see that engine bay in person rather than the pictures. Really a lot of attention to detail went into it. Well done, well deserved award!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #189
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Congrats Joe on the win for the team, well deserved!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #190
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Joe.....I finally read all your pages on this thread now just have to read the links you set up.

Your car is simply awesome from the engine bay to the LED's you have set up to the multi-colored halos....it simply is a stud.

It was so nice to meet you, your wife and the boys this past weekend...we had a great time.

Congrats on your award it was well deserved as well as the ACE5 award. I have subscribed to your thread and will watch the updates as they come.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #191
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Joe.....I finally read all your pages on this thread now just have to read the links you set up.

Your car is simply awesome from the engine bay to the LED's you have set up to the multi-colored halos....it simply is a stud.

It was so nice to meet you, your wife and the boys this past weekend...we had a great time.

Congrats on your award it was well deserved as well as the ACE5 award. I have subscribed to your thread and will watch the updates as they come.
Thanks John. I'm glad we finally got to meet you and your wife, and can't wait to meet your boys. I have been subscribed to both of your build threads for a very long time, and can't wait to meet Mr. Hyde. Your car is amazing also, and you were the one with the fist-pump from Mr. Fbody himself. He sees thousands of camaros, and for him to be impressed, you have had to do something unique and cool.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #192
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Congrats Joe on the win for the team, well deserved!
Thanks Nathan! Now get back to work.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #193
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Thanks John. I'm glad we finally got to meet you and your wife, and can't wait to meet your boys. I have been subscribed to both of your build threads for a very long time, and can't wait to meet Mr. Hyde. Your car is amazing also, and you were the one with the fist-pump from Mr. Fbody himself. He sees thousands of camaros, and for him to be impressed, you have had to do something unique and cool.
Joe Thanks for the kind words.

I find it really ironic what this car has brought to me...Originally I just wanted a cool car, muscle car...toy to enjoy with the boys so I ordered one and then I had issues since they closed my original dealership.

I had been to this site a few time but never really stayed too long but once I thought they had cancelled my order I became a member here and several people helped me find out about my order, the status and helped me get it moved.....Hylton was a tremndous help to me along with Kurt McNeil....General Manager for all of Chevrolet North America.

I had never really knew what forums were, how they worked etc......but soon realized what a wealth of information was on here from detailing to mods...Actually I met Norm at a detailing clinic in Atlanta based on this forum.....found Vengeance, ACE 5 etc....

So what initially started as a cool car concept for me has turned in to a whole bunch of new friends who are genuine, caring, knowledgeable who have the same passion as I do for cars.

Each year that I go to Fbody I meet someone new who is great. I was talking with Gary ( the guy who had the floating pool in his truck- Former Marine) about how cool it was for a gathering to have hundreds of cars, a parking lot party, people drinking having a good time and NO ONE acting like a fool, no problems, no issues.....just car people enjoying each other and their cars.

Trust me I am stealing some of your ideaz and the process is underway now. I'll be getting with you on the types, sizes and amounts of led's for the dash and gauges cause that is cool as beans to me.

I really appreciate ALL of ACE 5 for welcoming Kelley and I and making us feel a part of the group.

Now just looking forward to Camaro Fest...I will be bringing Jordan (16) with me this time...his first big event...hopefully he gets the bug...LOL
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #194
garcmol

Hey Joe, how did you paint your coil packs? Paint, or are they powdercoated?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #195
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hey Joe, how did you paint your coil packs? Paint, or are they powdercoated?
I painted them with the normal duplicolor rattle can, and then cleared over with some engine clear. However, this doesn't seem to be holding up. When the engine is warm, they are sticky. I also did this the same way on the strut tower brace and the air box. I'm getting ready to start over with powder. Mike says he can powder the coil packs.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #196
garcmol

Quote:
I painted them with the normal duplicolor rattle can, and then cleared over with some engine clear. However, this doesn't seem to be holding up. When the engine is warm, they are sticky. I also did this the same way on the strut tower brace and the air box. I'm getting ready to start over with powder. Mike says he can powder the coil packs.
I wondered about that. "Mike" is the powdercoater that's linked in your OP, correct?

I've been looking at the engine bay thread and been getting some ideas. Thanks!