Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Main 5th Gen Classes

BRACKET RACING: Any 5th-gen Camaro

ALL V6: Any V6 5th-gen Camaro

STOCK V8: Any V8 5th-gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. No under 200-treadwear tires or drag radials.

MODIFIED: Any naturally-aspirated street-licensed 5th-gen Camaro (no nitrous)

SUPER-MODIFIED: Any force-inducted IRS 5th-gen Camaro. Unlimited mods, (18" rear wheels or larger ).

UNLIMITED: Any force-inducted IRS 5th-gen Camaro. Unlimited modifications. Any driver.

*** In addition to Brackets you may only enter one of the main classes and will be tech'd accordingly

Extra Classes:

M6 STREET TIRES: Any manual trans 5th-gen Camaro on street tires (no DRs)

ZL1 UNLIMITED: Any ZL1 Camaro

Corvette: Unlimited Corvette

SUPER COMP: Gen 1-4, Drag Car or non-IRS 5th Gen, Any driver
Old 02-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Bring back the heads up M6 street tire class please.

I personally would just prefer multiple different heads up classes. To me autos are going to dominate bracket racing and the best sandbaggers will dominate index racing where as with the heads up classes you can actually race and show off you car or skill with other similar cars. Just my little rant, but thanks for all your hard work putting the drag racing together each year mlee.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I didn't attend last year or any year C5fest and i'd love to go sometime as i read all about it every year i've been on this site. The one thing i heard bad about last year was the Classes in drag. I know mlee does the best beyond belief to help keep everything feasible and make everyone happy but i recall the Joe Schmoe racers who put hard work into their own cars unsponsored got really upset with having full shop sponsored cars in their class. I'm not telling anyone that organizes C5 to change anything i think they do an awesome job but you may want to add in or maybe seperate fully shop sponsored cars from those who aren't.

Besides if you need a good reason why not make a shop sponsored class i'm sure those few places and teams of people would love bragging rights on C5 because in all honesty a shop car going up against people who sunk their own money and sweat and tears in Supercharged SS's case with his blown engines aren't going to be able to compete at the same level and it's not entirely fair to have them placed 4th or 5th because there were 3 or 4 cars with professional pit crews and mechanics around to adjust stuff. I have no issue myself with a pro driver in a car or a weekend warrior going head to head i've been in enough drag races to know pro driver doesn't always mean winner.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Bracket racing sucks...but I understand appealing to the masses. I think for an event like this we should run a sportsman tree and run the indexes you listed, heads up. Or maybe even change that a bit and go like this:
- Heads Up Racing (.50 Sportsman tree) For Indexes (10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, 12.0)
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Just my opinion but the bracket classes even out everything . It doesnt matter who lines up beside you it you and your time. Heads up racing is a big dollar game
Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
To me racing is being the fastest, first to the finish line without holding someone back is the winner, you even it out with classes; head/cam NA, bolt on, FI, street tire M6, etc. Bracket racing is all and only about consistency. They have monthly bracket racing over here and every month the winner is a 22sec smart car. Really what fun is that?

Indexes are a little better, but still you have to slow down and run the slower class to be competitive. Again, this is just a different form of consistency, neither bracket racing or indexing allows for balls-out run what you brung racing.

I had an awesome time racing at C5F3 in the street tire M6 class, I think tire classes really help even the field also.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
And bracket racing takes some skill too...many of the folks at Fest last time I was in Indy were new to this...that's just another factor for the folks to learn.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
tpower
DBLCHBY III

I wouldnt want to be the mod on this subject it is a very very tough one , but what every they decide I will be there to support and race
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Bring back the heads up M6 street tire class please.

I personally would just prefer multiple different heads up classes. To me autos are going to dominate bracket racing and the best sandbaggers will dominate index racing where as with the heads up classes you can actually race and show off you car or skill with other similar cars. Just my little rant, but thanks for all your hard work putting the drag racing together each year mlee.
OK, there was only one reason I did not add (the best class we ever had) M6 street tire was due to the Autos being excluded.

But the point has been made that Autos dominate Bracket and Index so M6 Street is in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I didn't attend last year or any year C5fest and i'd love to go sometime as i read all about it every year i've been on this site. The one thing i heard bad about last year was the Classes in drag. I know mlee does the best beyond belief to help keep everything feasible and make everyone happy but i recall the Joe Schmoe racers who put hard work into their own cars unsponsored got really upset with having full shop sponsored cars in their class. I'm not telling anyone that organizes C5 to change anything i think they do an awesome job but you may want to add in or maybe seperate fully shop sponsored cars from those who aren't.

Besides if you need a good reason why not make a shop sponsored class i'm sure those few places and teams of people would love bragging rights on C5 because in all honesty a shop car going up against people who sunk their own money and sweat and tears in Supercharged SS's case with his blown engines aren't going to be able to compete at the same level and it's not entirely fair to have them placed 4th or 5th because there were 3 or 4 cars with professional pit crews and mechanics around to adjust stuff. I have no issue myself with a pro driver in a car or a weekend warrior going head to head i've been in enough drag races to know pro driver doesn't always mean winner.
One thing you have to remember is the number of cars for each class. We had 3 cars in the V6 class and we had a shop car class with 2 cars. They are here to race as well. This year the ARH/Farks car may be the only shop car in attendance other than some Fbods and it will only be there if the NMCA schedule permits. We will make adjustments if needed but we're not going down the road of registered/not registered or owner/driver, shop car or not.

There are not that many cars that run 9's. Break it down further and you have no class left.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Whats with the F-Bodys ? isnt this Camaro Fest ?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Where's the 9.0 index?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Where's the 9.0 index?
I'll bring the Trophies for that if you bring the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Whats with the F-Bodys ? isnt this Camaro Fest ?
Camaro is an Fbody. We are on the way into Gen 6 very soon and heck we might even entertain some C7 racing as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Sorry that is a inside joke
Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'll bring the Trophies for that if you bring the car.

Camaro is an Fbody. We are on the way into Gen 6 very soon and heck we might even entertain some C7 racing as well.
If you see me.....you'll also be seeing the 9 second C7.

Maybe Matt will let me leave the cars and the trailer at his shop or maybe his buddy Jason in Jacksonville will. That would make it so much easier.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote