Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Third brake light

My third brake light is not working. I've been looking in the owners manual for quite some time now and came up empty for info regarding the fuse location or even a mention of the rear deck brake light. It's Veteran's day, so can't take her into the dealership today. I'll wind up doing that anyway, but am very curious now as to why I can't even find a mention of the 3rd break light, or the fuse assigned to it. Am I not identifying it correctly? If it's called somethig else, I'd love to know what it is that I am looking for Thanks for any input!

Oh, I did do a search on the forum searhing for brake lights and thrid brake light....nada

Last edited by Rob53; 11-11-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: missing info
Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
If its not in the manual it does not exist. Therefore if there is one on your car you must have added it aftermarket. This of course violates your warranty. Have a nice day.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
magnum21

Drives: turboed tiburon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
If its not in the manual it does not exist. Therefore if there is one on your car you must have added it aftermarket. This of course violates your warranty. Have a nice day.
your kidding right? considering every passenger car since 1986 are required to have one
magnum21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Rob53

Say what???

Please tell me that you are not on drugs. Go around the back of your car, look in the back window. See that little light bar sitting on top of the rear deck? That is a break light, they've been putting them in American cars for more than 30 years now. I truly hope that you were kidding!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob53 View Post
Please tell me that you are not on drugs. Go around the back of your car, look in the back window. See that little light bar sitting on top of the rear deck? That is a break light, they've been putting them in American cars for more than 30 years now. I truly hope that you were kidding!
No I am not kidding. This has been a scam dealers have been doing for years to get out of warranty claims. There is no law requiring 3rd break lights even though almost every car has them a few still don't. I have a Camaro I should know. Some dealers are doing all sorts of aftermarket things to the cars they sell (see the bandit camaro) which could be used to violate the warrenty. The was a story on the practice on MS NBC a few years ago VW dealers putting turbos on non turbo cars and selling them as higher end models. Then when the motor blew up they screwed the owners. Sorry for your luck.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Rob53

No further comment

back to the issue please
Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
No I am not kidding. This has been a scam dealers have been doing for years to get out of warranty claims. There is no law requiring 3rd break lights even though almost every car has them a few still don't. I have a Camaro I should know. Some dealers are doing all sorts of aftermarket things to the cars they sell (see the bandit camaro) which could be used to violate the warrenty. The was a story on the practice on MS NBC a few years ago VW dealers putting turbos on non turbo cars and selling them as higher end models. Then when the motor blew up they screwed the owners. Sorry for your luck.
You are wrong. In all respects.

Back on topic... Take your car to the dealer and have them check it out. A wire probably got pinched.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
You might want to read DOT HS 808 878 section 108, bub.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
What? um... ok. Whatever you say.

On subject, if you take it into the dealer sometime soon, they will probably check it out for you. Like Lucky said, probably a pinched wire.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
Coldpants
Nerdy one

What do I have to do to not be taken seriously tell you the car was made by pink elephants while dancing like ballerinas.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
What do I have to do to not be taken seriously tell you the car was made by pink elephants while dancing like ballerinas.
At this point you probably will never, ever be taken seriously. CHMSLs have been required by federal law for 23 years.

I even pointed you to the EXACT law. Go look it up.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
At this point you probably will never, ever be taken seriously. CHMSLs have been required by federal law for 23 years.

- X
Why I know the law, that is what made the first post funny and the response to it hilarious. Get a sense of humor.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Why I know the law, that is what made the first post funny and the response to it hilarious. Get a sense of humor.
Ok thank god. I'm glad this is just a joke... I thought you were a true moron... no offence.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post

- X
Help me. I can't find it. Link?