Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-06-2023, 08:34 AM   #99
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Received my ACS Composites 4Teen heat extractor kit this past week and couldn't wait to get it installed. Luckily my wife is very confident with a grinder/dremel and she made all the cuts for me. What can I say I'm a lucky guy. The end result is perfect, it's everything I wanted it to be and more. Definitely alot of heat coming out of the hole as well.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:44 PM   #100
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Great job!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #101
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Just posting some current pictures...

Just a visual update photo dump.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:21 AM   #102
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

New exhaust setup coming soon...

So a few weeks back some A-hole rear ended me on i95, turned his lights off and drove across the express lane median to avoid being caught and well... I got a few scuffs on the bumper, a couple small dents, but worst of all he pushed the driver side exhaust in. Crumpled my driver side muffler, and bent my mid pipe a bit. So Instead of getting frustrated, I took it as an opportunity to upgrade a little bit. I am going to swap out the Texas speed mufflers for some Borla Xr1 mufflers. I also was never satisfied with how the exhaust tips turned out, so i ordered some flowmasters slant cut, and rolled rectangular tips for a dodge challenger. The opening is roughly 8 inches with in the Zl1 diffuser and the tips are exactly 7 inches wide. I think that they are going to look really good. Its hard to make these cars look unique when everything is a copy cat off the shelf part. I think I may be one of the only rectangle tip, zl1 diffuser cars on the whole forum. Hopefully the mufflers aren't too rowdy, I already have a reputation with some of my neighbors.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2023, 03:07 PM   #103
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
I like that you are using the the diifferent style tips
Old 03-03-2023, 04:53 AM   #104
Ashen 6.2

That stinks but looks like you're making the best of it. Those will look great and also different from the others as well!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Old 03-13-2023, 07:41 AM   #105
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Exhaust install

Some pictures showing off the install of the new muffler and exhaust tip install. I promise they are actually straight, but the diffuser is a bit twisted, so I gotta fab up a bracket of some kind to straighten that out. When I pull the diffuser straight, it looks and fits so good. Definitely has a much deeper tone, quieter at idle then the TSP mufflers, but Its alot louder when you hit the skinny pedal on the right. The TSP mufflers had a "tinny" sound to them. Now it has more of a growl to it. Sounds more like old school muscle now, which I love.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2023, 08:09 AM   #106
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

New Exhaust clip

Here is a youtube link to a cold start up of the new exhaust. No revving or anything. I'll probably film another video soon to show how she sounds when you get on the loud pedal.

https://youtu.be/BfDFA9a9fX4

Old 03-13-2023, 07:07 PM   #107
Ashen 6.2

Looking good! I wouldn’t have noticed they aren’t straight if you hadn’t said anything. Lol

Old 03-15-2023, 11:28 AM   #108
gzee5
Account Suspended

Drives: Zl1
Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gzee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:17 AM   #109
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Holley Valve cover swap

I picked up some Holley Polished valve covers on ebay. They were really dirty and needed quite a bit of elbow grease to clean them up. Install was pretty easy and straightforward. This job made me realize just how cluttered the engine bay really is... Need to do a few more mods... Heater hose mod, and fuel rail mod coming soon...
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #110
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
looking good the valve covers are a nice touch
Old 04-28-2023, 07:11 AM   #111
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

It's been a long time with no real progress on the car. I just got confirmation from Mr. Bling that my intercooler setup and all the parts i need to actually start the build will be shipping out next week. So i'm excited to get this build going. I have also been in the process of selling and buying a home which is beyond hectic to say the least. We are just getting settled in and I can happily say that my Camaro has a garage of its own now, finally! Pictures and more updates to come!

Old 05-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #112
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Found a brand new refreshed mcleod RXT clutch on Facebook marketplace. I called McLeod to confirm that it had just been fully serviced with all new clutch material, new pressure plate, and balanced. Then I ordered a new hydraulic throwout bearing from Tick Performance with the billet release and remote speed bleeder. I opted for the seperate clutch fluid reservior aswell. Tired of my brakes dirtying up my clutch fluid.
Attached Images