Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-22-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Which blower is best?

So I am 100% going to be supercharging the Camaro. Hopefully early 2023. Right now Whipple, Procharger, Vortech, Magnuson and all things blower are on sale, roughly 15% or so... On the Whipple kit its currently a $1200 savings...

I was originally going to "budget" supercharge my Car with a torqstorm blower from Mr.Bling motorsports with his intercooler kit...But now that I am looking at the Whipple kits on sale I can't help but lean that direction. The whipple kit is complete with injectors, fuel pump, BAP, pullies, you name it... Its a full bolt on kit minus a dyno tune...

The torqstorm kit is roughly $4500 but i still need to buy ZL1 pump, 850cc injectors, tune... so ball park $5500-$6000... I can currently get the Whipple setup for $6500 on sale...

Should I just get the whipple? I know it sounds immature but half the reason I am doing this is for the blower noises... Also looking to beat my buddies coyote swapped foxbody mustang with a VMP blower on it on the streets. Wouldn't hurt If I could beat my buddies ZL1 as well... Current power goals are 600-650 rwhp. Probably not going to drag race it since Palm beach international raceway sold out to Walmart distribution.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Follow-up question... possibly buying the whipple kit through TSPmotorsports on the layaway program... Anyone have experience with these guys? Should I stay away from this?

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #3
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Whipple is a great blower. Can’t go wrong with it. It’s fairly quiet. So if you’re looking for a loud blower whine, that’s not the best pick. A Magnuson with gear drive belt will make some noise. Kenne Bell makes some noise as well.

Lots of good options. We are blessed with this platform to have so many options to add boost.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:18 AM   #4
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Whipple is a great blower. Can’t go wrong with it. It’s fairly quiet. So if you’re looking for a loud blower whine, that’s not the best pick. A Magnuson with gear drive belt will make some noise. Kenne Bell makes some noise as well.

Lots of good options. We are blessed with this platform to have so many options to add boost.
Thats one reason why i was considering the Torqstorm. They are super loud.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:46 AM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
All subjective. Each has its pluses and minuses.

Whipple(2 kits) and magnuson (3 kits) are all proven "bolt in" kits that come with tune (stock like config)

Please note, there is no budget option. Your going down a rabbit hole that will cost you 10k. Period. If you can't live with that don't do this, you will just be unhappy with the result.

Last edited by The_Stache; 11-22-2022 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Reasoning
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:32 PM   #6
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
I would suggest getting a tuners kit and going bigger on the injectors right off the bat. Most kits come with 60-70 lb injectors and you'll have them maxed out around 600-650. IMO with out a cam it's gonna be hard to reach your goals. I'm at 550 running 9lbs of boost and currently waiting to get in the shop to do the cam, zl1 pump, meth kit, flex fuel to get me in the range of your goals.
2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:57 PM   #7
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdog SS View Post
I would suggest getting a tuners kit and going bigger on the injectors right off the bat. Most kits come with 60-70 lb injectors and you'll have them maxed out around 600-650. IMO with out a cam it's gonna be hard to reach your goals. I'm at 550 running 9lbs of boost and currently waiting to get in the shop to do the cam, zl1 pump, meth kit, flex fuel to get me in the range of your goals.
Thats why I am leaning towards the Whipple kit. Kit includes fuel pump, 80lb injectors, BAP and air to water intercooler setup.

My tuner, Redline motorsports in fort lauderdale, FL and Howard is really good with boost applications. He wants to go e85 for ease of tuning, etc... But i want to maintain street driveability.

Howard did mention that I should get a cam but that adds another $3500 to the budget because I am not comfortable doing a cam swap in this car. I built an ls and swapped it before but.. we had issues and I would rather let someone who knows what they are doing install stuff on this car.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:59 PM   #8
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Thats why I am leaning towards the Whipple kit. Kit includes fuel pump, 80lb injectors, and BAP.
The kit doesn't come with that so they must be doing a tuners kit and adding those in. The kits only come with 60lb and a bap.
2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:11 PM   #9
bayarea408

Drives: T
ECS with the upgraded head unit.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:17 PM   #10
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Tuner kit, and piece out your own stuff. Torqstorm is limited on power. ECS FTW!! My buddy took advantage of the layaway through them. Paid them off, and it took them 3 months to get him his SC. If it was me... put it on a 0% credit card. Instant gratification.

This is their fuel pump "Custom Fuel Pump Driver Module"
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #11
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Whats your guy think on ESS tuner kit , as good as ECS?
Old 11-22-2022, 09:59 PM   #12
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
I too going supercharger spring 2023 , been looking at the ESS kit "V3 si with 95mm pully (10 psi ) with my cam , my goal is 600whp. Got the new ZL1 pump already , 600-650whp is all i want to push on the pump
Old 11-23-2022, 06:03 AM   #13
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Tuner kit, and piece out your own stuff. Torqstorm is limited on power. ECS FTW!! My buddy took advantage of the layaway through them. Paid them off, and it took them 3 months to get him his SC. If it was me... put it on a 0% credit card. Instant gratification.

This is their fuel pump "Custom Fuel Pump Driver Module"
Well thats the thing with the layaway program, they dont actually order the parts until you pay them off. But I can lock in the holiday discount and save the money.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:04 AM   #14
Beefsquatch

Drives: 2010 LS3 camaro
Bought torqstorm through TPS lay away- took awhile to get blower due to being shipped to torqstorm for 3.1 pulley other wise straight forward. happy with blower. Making around 650-660 on 93 and cammed. 850cc and zl1 pump but im outta fuel lol