Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post
Todrules...since you installed the Oracle Inverters, please advise more about the connections. Does the "dual" wire (can't tell if pink or white) connector from Oracle match up to the existing "single" connector for each of the 2 connections? See photos. I'm also trying to determine if I would be able to do this through the rubber access portal in the rear of the light without removing the front end and by just removing the wheel and wheel well? In hindsight, could you have done this?
Picture appears to be from someone who has heated and opened the case but does show wiring colors etc. Can you help explain further about the connectors?
that is where i got confused and gave up..
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Xpanda...I did see your comments in the threads and your video. I replaced mine as well and it too failed. I think it's the inverters. I'm pulling mine out now.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #17
xpanda305x
Banned

what did you replace? i mean i tried to do it but i think i did it wrong so if someone can correctly explain what to do then ill try. right now they are in the process of replacing my headlight. but i much rather try do this first you get me ?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
vdevine

Ok, I removed the wheel and wheel well to better access the rubber access port. I did this because I don't want to remove the front end again if I don't have too. I found the inverter to the bottom left of the light housing by following the red and black wires that exit the housing and connect to the parking lights. I pulled the red/black wires from the inside out (the ones that attach to the parking lights). Using my finger, I found the very corner edge of the and inserted a screw driver next to my finger to pry it from the double sided tape. I tore a small piece of paper and stuck it to the 2 sided tape because it would easily stick to anything it touched when moving it around and I would have to pry it again. Once the piece of paper was on, I tried to move the inverter in every direction I could try to attempt to get it out of the portal but it would not come out. The inverter is too long. So, I chose to cut 2 slits from the opening port to the left edge of the light casing creating a "C" flap. By slighting bending without breaking the C flap, the inverter popped right out. Before I cut it I concluded that it is much easier to use a plastic filler for the cuts than taking off the front end and putting the damn thing in the oven. From the pictures you can see the inverter, it's connection, the cuts I made etc.

So, Todrules, does the connector shown with the inverter (pink and white wires) match the Oracle inverter connector you bought? I ask because the Oracle picture on AAC shows 2 connectors.

Thanks,
Vince
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
vdevine

Here's the Pictures....sorry

Here they are.
Attached Images

6000 Mine 26 June 2009
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
xpanda305x
Banned

i know that..i have that part i threw that p.o.s out
Old 04-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
vdevine

Xpanda, so you used the AAC Oracle Inverters?
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
As you can see from the pics, the pink and white wires are connected to the original inverter. You don't HAVE to use those. I just did to make it easier to snake the wires out of the assembly. And to use those, you have to yank them off the fried inverter.

The main wires you need to find are the 2 white ones. If you look deep inside the assembly at the bottom, you will see 2 white wires that connect to the CCFLs. Those are the most important ones. They need to connect to the AAC inverter.

The inverter will have 4 white wires with 2 connectors coming out of one end. You just need one pair of those to connect to the CCFL ones. Just take off the connector and splice together. The other pair you can leave alone.

CCFL Halo >> 2 white wires w/ connector >> connector w/ pink and white wires (originally connected to Eagle Eye ballast. This piece not required.) >> One pair of white wires on AAC inverter. >> Red and black wires to parking lights.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
xpanda305x
Banned

can someone make a picture of how to connect this lmfao.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #24
todrules
Rollin' Green

Hopefully, this will help.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #25
xpanda305x
Banned

why not from the wires from the halo CCFL to one of the 2 white wires connectors and then the power to power and such? wouldnt that be the same?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #26
todrules
Rollin' Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
why not from the wires from the halo CCFL to one of the 2 white wires connectors and then the power to power and such? wouldnt that be the same?
Yes, it would be the same. The only reason I used the pink and white wires was because the ones to the CCFL were not very long. Using the other wires just made it a little easier since I could wire everything outside the assembly.

Also, the connector from the CCFL does not match the AAC connector, so there is still splicing involved.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #27
vdevine

Thanks Toddrules....I intend to cut the pink/white wires from the old inverter and reconnect the connector, then splice those into the new inverter. Essentially, what you did.
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #28
vdevine

After 2 Eagle Eyes passenger side Halo's going out, I did what others have done and put the Oracle Halo Inverter's in to replace the OEM and the halo now works perfect. For those buying Eagle Eyes, just know that a lot of people are having problems with the passenger Halo inverters burning up. The fix seems to be Oracle's inverter.
6000 Mine 26 June 2009