Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
lalo_ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
how to make my exhaust louder !!!

whenever i bought my car it came with the gm performance exhaust but im not satisfied with it . what can i do to make it louder , some ppl suggested an x pipe what does that exactly do?and what about a muffler delete?does it void my warranty? heres a pic of my exhaust and a video
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
What kind of loud are u looking for cause loud can mean drone on the highway as well. I opted for the Flowmaster outlaw full catback exhaust its a 3in and its loud and deep sounding but it does have a tad bit of drone but i dont mind drone as some people do. There are other exhausts out there that dont drone and are loud as well more people will chime in im sure also try and check out the Bolt on section they have Video clips to give u a slight sample of alot of different exhausts.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
push the peddle further to the floor. lmao
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
If it has resonators ... I dunno if the gmpp exhaust does or not .... get rid if them and it will sound louder. May drone some but if it does just add a set of j pipes. Just my .02 worth.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Well I recently cut off my mufflers

That sure did the trick. Highway drone is almost unbearable, but for now I'm liking it.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
Doing a muffler delete or a aftermarket cat-back such as Borla, Flowmaster, Solo Performance won't void your warranty. If any of the above options still aren't loud enough for your liking, then you will want headers which will void your warranty. Keep in mind, if you go with headers and a full 3 inch exhaust, you will eventually need a tune to get full benefit and to get rid of an engine light.

I have 1 7/8 long tube headers with no cats and a full 3 inch exhaust and it is loud with wide open throttle. I started with a muffler delete system but the exhaust popping got old and annoying quickly. I then did a cat-back system and it was better, but, I was like you and wanted loud like a muscle car should be. Then I added headers, with cat less down pipes and a dyne tune. Now I am very happy but my warranty is shit. Then again I don't care about the warranty since I practically rebuilt the entire top end of engine (cam, intake, injectors, custom fuel rails, springs, rods, ported heads, CAI, and a custom tune...etc).
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
freeing up the flow always increases volume...for example adding headers, removing cats, delete mufflers/resonators, upgrading cam will all add up to the loudest possible exhaust. Changing the h to an x pipe would help increase flow as well but not noticibly louder. If you want depth to your exhaust note then you need to tune it with a good muffler, otherwise, the exhaust drone will be unbearable.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
lalo_ss

man theres so much to this lol i want a good start up sound and want that good growl when i press the gas
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
lalo_ss

i have a low budget and was looking at an axel back , i hear the borla atak exhaust sounded good . is the difference really big from a cat back to axel back ? and im not trying to void my warranty so headers is out of the list
Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
You can chop the mufflers for free. Worse case you sleeve them back on. Granted you'd have to physically cut them up, which is too much for some.

The SS sounds much better muffler free than my V6. For the V6 it makes a HUGE difference especially at idle. It just sounds louder and deeper. At full throttle it gets a bit raspy.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i have a feeling you'll love the muffler delete on your v8. i know i do.

you should be able to get a shop to cut your mufflers off, put in straight pipe and reuse your stock tips for $80-120.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
i have a feeling you'll love the muffler delete on your v8. i know i do.

you should be able to get a shop to cut your mufflers off, put in straight pipe and reuse your stock tips for $80-120.
What he said, muffler delete is working like a champ. Had straight pipe put in it's place then some 8" resonator tips. Sounds alive at start up and incredible when you mash it.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #13
lalo_ss

some videos of yalls cars would be convincing :p just saying haha
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #14
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote