Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #127
AztecCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk SS Auto Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph09 View Post
I'm curious to why everyone looks down at kids/people that get these cars bought by their parents. My sister and I drive these cars and I'm not apologizing that my parents love me and trust me with a 400+ HP car. It's to their discretion if we are mature enough or not.

People that talk trash about "spoiled kids don't know the whole story". Yes there are some ignorant spoiled kids that could care less and don't deserve their cars, but you should know the person before you talk smack.
It's really easy to judge others online especially when you have preconceived notions about them. Unfortunately, we have to prove ourselves to our older counterparts. You have to earn respect and show that you can be responsible. No benefit of the doubt here. I'm 22 and paid for my 13 on my own. My 67 was passed down to me when I was 17. Not a single ticket or accident in either car. I leave it on the track.
AztecCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #128
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
I'm 23. I got 2 tickets a while ago (pre-camaro). One ticket was 71 in a 65. The other was higher, but I had a solid 1/2 mile of with nobody around on a divided highway. One accident that was completely the other guy's fault (backed into the side of my grandparents' car while I was stopped at a stop sign).

Last edited by giant_g2; 09-27-2013 at 06:00 AM.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #129
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
I'm 23. I got 2 tickets a while ago (pre-camaro). One ticket was 716 in a 65. The other was higher, but I had a solid 1/2 mile of with nobody around on a divided highway. One accident that was completely the other guy's fault (backed into the side of my grandparents' car while I was stopped at a stop sign).
Lol 716 mph

What were you driving? An F16 fighter jet?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #130
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Quote:
I'm curious to why everyone looks down at kids/people that get these cars bought by their parents. My sister and I drive these cars and I'm not apologizing that my parents love me and trust me with a 400+ HP car. It's to their discretion if we are mature enough or not.

People that talk trash about "spoiled kids don't know the whole story". Yes there are some ignorant spoiled kids that could care less and don't deserve their cars, but you should know the person before you talk smack.
You are probably a good kid, and that's good. But I think its looney tunes crazy to buy a teenager a sports car, especially something like a Camaro. For allllllllllll sorts of reasons, not the least one being the fact that they could kill someone or themselves with it. I think an ideal first car for a teenager is an SUV or something like a Chevy Impala or Toyota Camry. To me its kind of like giving a kid a loaded gun and saying OK go have fun.

ANd let me get this straight, you're a teenager and your parents bought you an SS?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #131
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMKAR View Post
You people really need to relax for a second. Everyone has to make a point on this forum. I'm God's gift to driving? You really took what I said brought it up 10000 times.

Can't say anything controversial on this forum without being flamed.
It's not that u can't say anything....your talking to a lot of grown men...and woman that have accomplished way more in life. Try having a job...get married, buy a house ..or even just raise a family. Then come back when you know what's going on in life and brag. Your not the first young person here to give themselves a pat on the back when they don't deserve it. .......oh yes I'm 44 married , kids...a job ..house .....and wait...........no accidents...OMG I'm amazing
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #132
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
You are probably a good kid, and that's good. But I think its looney tunes crazy to buy a teenager a sports car, especially something like a Camaro. For allllllllllll sorts of reasons, not the least one being the fact that they could kill someone or themselves with it. I think an ideal first car for a teenager is an SUV or something like a Chevy Impala or Toyota Camry. To me its kind of like giving a kid a loaded gun and saying OK go have fun.
+1 * 1000

Just irresponsible on the parents part to get a teenager a 400+ hp car. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if they buy their kid a V6 version, but still shouldn't be a brand new car.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #133
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
The entertainment on C5 has NEVER gotten old.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #134

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Kids are gonna speed, get tickets, etc. no matter what they drive....This new car/too powerful argument I think is a non-issue....If anything, the safety in these Camaros for younger drivers and having something new to take care of and be responsible for and proud of, may actually be the safer way to go....just sayin'...

I don't judge what anybody drives, young or old...The rules of the road apply to everyone....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #135
sruff26

Drives: 2SS RS
I'm 23 and the only accidents i have been in I was rear ended by 2 women both of which were in their late 30's and 40's. Neither of which were paying attention when they hit me. I am a responsible driver why aren't the old people.
sruff26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #136
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Keep up the good work.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #137
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruff26 View Post
I'm 23 and the only accidents i have been in I was rear ended by 2 women both of which were in their late 30's and 40's. Neither of which were paying attention when they hit me. I am a responsible driver why aren't the old people.
Haha so many things about this post. I won't comment on the first part, but regarding the 2nd I don't think 30s or 40s is old. As 23 is not a kid, so don't think you fall into that category.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #138
sruff26

Drives: 2SS RS
my apologies for not proof reading that from a guys point of view
sruff26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #139
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post

ANd let me get this straight, you're a teenager and your parents bought you an SS?
Alright just to throw this out there. You say the ideal car for a teenager would be a SUV? Umm a SUV weighs a lot more than a Sports can and while it doesn't accelerate as fast it still will reach the same speeds so having a greater mass than the sports car will lead to a more serious accident.

I honestly could hurt someone a lot quicker in my dads Silverado (that i drive regularly) by driving recklessly than in my Camaro and its not because the Silverado has those two extra cylinders either. If there is one thing that I honestly feel that has contributed to me driving a little more cautious and observant is learning and daily driving a Manual.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #140
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:

Same reason we're dealing with this thread in the first place, for people young that do understand the responsibility of these cars, most others won't.

There is actually a biological lapse in interpreting information at a younger age, it's not our fault, but it is there. It is the same characteristic that causes teenagers to misread their parent's actions.

That said, I don't support the consensus that you're spoiled if you get a sports car while you're young. I'm 22, and I pay my own car note and bills. So long as I obey the laws laid out for the road it's nobody's business what I drive or not. I get the holier then thou attitude from elders very often, yet I manage a business, work full time and go to school full time, ergo everything they say is the right path to success. To me it only speaks to an ignorance, but this ignorance is compounded when we see actual spoiled kids getting on here and acting as if what they may have accomplished sets them apart from the rest of us who did the exact same things. There's also the fact that it is hard for people (not saying all) to respect something that they did not earn themselves, and that lack of respect can lead to people getting killed.

To sum it up, no, not everything said about youth and sports cars is justified. However, youth have a greater chance of hurting themselves then an adult does, this is statistically and biologically proven. I would not buy my child a sports car at my age, but it's an altogether different story if they can purchase it themselves and ask for my guidance.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote