Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #183
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Definitely a nice set-up. For me personally, I will be waiting for the ZL-1. Not going to the track at all to justify the 1LE package. When time comes, I will sell the 2012 2SS, pass on the 2016 1SS to my son and get the ZL-1 .

Great thing though to have all these options. Chevy is awesome!!!
Agreed. 1LE is still badass but I won't justify grabbing it and see what the "ZL1" holds for us in the future. I love all my bells and whistles. Why I got the 2SS and 1LE does not have them as it shouldn't since it's more of a "track" car with a mix of street. Whereas the ZL1 will be a beast on the track and a great street car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
This is awesome for the v6 but is it over the top for the SS since you can buy all those items in the gm accessory catalog? The only thing I am really interested in is the PDR. Being that it is optional in the 1LE I am going to assume it will be an accessory that I can buy for my 2SS. I also would like to get the dimension of the rim that way I can look for those sizes but a different rim, I am not a fan of those ones.
I HIGHLY doubt PDR will be an LPO, It's just be like the NPP. Factory installed only like the C7s.

One thing that caught my eye is that the blade spoiler seems to be a little different than the current one offered. Could just be the photo / video angles but it seems to sit a little higher than the current one and just a little wider. Maybe, that covers the 1 hole left from the SS wing? Too bad, nothing confirmed. Once they all become part numbers, I will order it IF it is 2 separate part numbers giving it a chance to be "another" blade spoiler.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #184
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
SO killer!!! I'm feeling like I'd like to see something from the rocker moldings that matches the front splitter a little bit... I feel like there is a transition my eyes would like to see isn't there, like it is an unfinished body kit. BUT... that doesn't take anything away from anything else.

OUTSTANDING!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #185
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Cool
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #186
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Maybe I missed it, but why does the green car get blacked out tail lights and the black car the regular red lights? Is that part of the package or a stand alone option?
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #187
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
About the only complaint that I can come up with is the lack of the Bose audio. That really wouldn't add much in terms of weight to offer it. Then again I hardly turn the radio on in my 5th Gen. I'm much more inclined to listen to the sound of long tube headers, no cats and a great cat-back on my commute.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #188
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
This car will be amazing....I see it as the worst highest performing 2 plus 2 coupe under 100 grand...

Best performance value ratio...

All the good stuff and none of the nonsense..you don't need to have a fast street and track car...

BMW m2,m4, Audi s5, Mercedes c63 and ford gt350 just got called out from a performance standpoint....this 1LE will out perform them all on the track....meaning road course...

Quarter mile is the hellcats realm....with the ZL1 and ford s upcoming gt500 as it's competitor...

But for relative value for road course work with air conditioning (thank god) the 1LE is the best of the best...IMO

I was surprised with the MRC shocks but they really are that good....the Hudson cool...the suspension changes....rear diff....the recaros....

All we need now is to hear the approximate up charge for the 6 th gen 1LE...

5 th gen was 3500 dollars ...and yet I find 3500 dollars way to low with the 1800 dollar MRC shock package included...in the 1LE this time around...

Whatever it is...if a consumer wants the best 2 plus 2 performance car....it's this 1LE...

Imo
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #189
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Maybe I missed it, but why does the green car get blacked out tail lights and the black car the regular red lights? Is that part of the package or a stand alone option?
It's an option.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #190
LQQK

Drives: Junk
Maybe?
LQQK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #191
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
It's strange to me that they offer it on 2LT but not 2SS. I realize the LT and SS 1LE packages are slightly different, but if they could do one, why not the other? I guess they figure the V6 guys want a bit more of a gt car vs the SS guys, who want more of a track car. I'm not in the market for a new car anyway, and I don't want a gen6 simply because it's smaller inside and in the trunk (less functional), but if I were, I would like the 2SS. I like having it on my current 1LE. They offered it on both trims last gen, so why not now?

Like someone said though, this is like a 1.5SS, and I would just miss the Bose and cooled seats, since I live in Florida. Although I recently tested a 1SS, and those door panels, without the trim upgrade, feel so cheap. So the leather or suede on them would be nice, but I'm sure the aftermarket will have an answer for that.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #192
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
SO killer!!! I'm feeling like I'd like to see something from the rocker moldings that matches the front splitter a little bit... I feel like there is a transition my eyes would like to see isn't there, like it is an unfinished body kit. BUT... that doesn't take anything away from anything else.

OUTSTANDING!!!
I agree 100% the 5th gen GM GFX rockers are the best (not the ZL1 or Z28)out there and this car screams the need for some of the same, really wonder why there is nothing there
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #193
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Check around the 1:00 mark they are listening to us.

Bose speaker grills on the LT 1LE....
Old 02-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #194
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Too add to my last post there are 3 additional options that I wish this came with other than the Bose.

1) Dual zone climate control instead of single. (The wife is always cold, I'm always hot)
2) Homelink. It's something small, but I'd rather have that than a loose transmitter in the car.
3) Autodimming mirror

I know it's nitpicky, but I want what I want, and I would pay for it. To each their own.

The more I look at the differences between the 1SS and 2SS, the more the 1LE is looking like something I won't be getting.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #195
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Introducing the 2017 Camaro 1LE: Welcome to 1LE-World! (updated w/ videos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
I love everything about the 1LE, but wish an automatic was an option.

2SS auto & I would've canceled my 2SS SS order

It looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #196
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
I agree 100% the 5th gen GM GFX rockers are the best (not the ZL1 or Z28)out there and this car screams the need for some of the same, really wonder why there is nothing there
The 6th Gen rockers in the ground effects package that's already available are much more refined like those from the 5th Gen ZL1. They're not overdone like the god awful package offered early on in the 5th Gen.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums