Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #1121
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Curious though. Why are you and so many assuming the dealership is so evil here? Are you privy to the inside information?
Because my job. I work in not only an industry, but a specific company where customer service is number one. If we dare mess up, we don't try to hide from it, we fix it. Nothing is more important that having a happy customer. There are limits to this, but we still bend over backwards. That's what makes repeat customers who tell their friends, and so on.

First off, the dealership's response should have been that they own the OP a replacement car. They should asked the OP for assistance in locating a satisfactory replacement, aka ebay, autotrader, private party, etc. If one was found, the dealership should have paid for transport of the new car to the dealership, and also then cut a check to the OP for the cost of TT&L.

That's how it should have been handled. Further more, being it doesn't look like a large city, if I were the owner, I would have personally stopped by the OP's work or home to inform him of the news and to promise that everything will be taken care of. That's a little classier than a phone call.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:01 AM   #1122
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevins89notch View Post
Because my job. I work in not only an industry, but a specific company where customer service is number one. If we dare mess up, we don't try to hide from it, we fix it. Nothing is more important that having a happy customer. There are limits to this, but we still bend over backwards. That's what makes repeat customers who tell their friends, and so on.

First off, the dealership's response should have been that they own the OP a replacement car. They should asked the OP for assistance in locating a satisfactory replacement, aka ebay, autotrader, private party, etc. If one was found, the dealership should have paid for transport of the new car to the dealership, and also then cut a check to the OP for the cost of TT&L.

That's how it should have been handled. Further more, being it doesn't look like a large city, if I were the owner, I would have personally stopped by the OP's work or home to inform him of the news and to promise that everything will be taken care of. That's a little classier than a phone call.
How do you know that did not happen in this case? The OP made it clear right away he wanted a new car. He did not give the dealer much time to find something before he was on here blasting away. His first post as a member here I might add.

My point is all we know is what the OP told us. I find it hard to believe that the dealer told him "It's not our problem". Chances of that are so unlikely it's not even funny. EASILY unlikely enough to not just assume that's how it happened.

IF this dealer tried to do the right things but the OP wanted a new car or nothing then the dealer from there has done the right thing by keeping their mouths shut. No way they can win by arguing on the internet.

Their business has been trashed and I just hope that it's justified. We do not know.

And we never will at this point. GM will make this go away the best they can right or wrong. Settle out of court so to speak. Just make the muscle go away.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #1123
McCarthy

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Any updates, John?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:19 AM   #1124
McCarthy

Quote:
I sure hope the facts are all accurate here.

Dealer wrecks car.
Car is 2 years old with 10k miles.
Customer wants brand new car.
Dealer tries to find comparable car.
Lynch mob wants brand new car.
Dealer gets trampled.

Damn.
I have read every post in this thread, all the accompanying news articles etc etc and the only conclusion i can gather from your posts is you sure look like you're on the payroll of a certain infamous Chevy dealer somewhere in Delaware...

The facts as i see them;

Dealer's employee steals car, joyrides and totals it.
Car is two years old with 10k miles.
Customer wants an identical car to the one he bought, which is a brand new Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1.
Dealer attempts to sell a car to customer that had many modifications and options Mr. Hooper did not want, and repeatedly advised the dealer of this.
The car community rallies behind a wronged fellow car enthusiast, attempts to help force the dealer's hand to make him "whole" again.
Dealer get's the boatload of bad publicity it deserves for trying to screw Mr. Hooper in every way it can
...Did i miss something?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #1125
Kevins89notch

Quote:
The OP made it clear right away he wanted a new car.
...and I don't see that being out of the question. What did the OP drop off at a dealership? A car that only he had driven, that was never beaten on more than he knews, that was never driven in snow/salt that he doesn't know about, and that was ordered 100% the way he wanted. That's what he deserves in return.

Again, that 15K loss via giving the OP a new car could easily be made up if the OP mentions to friends how well the situation was handled and then sell 3 more cars. Hell, if it was handled properly, the OP himself might have bought another car or two there.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #1126
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
I have read every post in this thread, all the accompanying news articles etc etc and the only conclusion i can gather from your posts is you sure look like you're on the payroll of a certain infamous Chevy dealer somewhere in Delaware...

The facts as i see them;

Dealer's employee steals car, joyrides and totals it.
Car is two years old with 10k miles.
Customer wants an identical car to the one he bought, which is a brand new Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1.
Dealer attempts to sell a car to customer that had many modifications and options Mr. Hooper did not want, and repeatedly advised the dealer of this.
The car community rallies behind a wronged fellow car enthusiast, attempts to help force the dealer's hand to make him "whole" again.
Dealer get's the boatload of bad publicity it deserves for trying to screw Mr. Hooper in every way it can
...Did i miss something?
2 things.

1st, you assume that the info here is correct. We only have one side of the story.

2nd, at what point do we realize the OP is asking for 15k more than his car was worth? If the same thing happened to my 2010 could I ask for what I bought, a brand new car?

How is this dealer trying to screw Mr. Hooper in every way it can? We have 2 people on here telling us 2 different stories about the car that was offered to Hooper.

All I"m saying is everyone is taking the OPs word as gospel. We have not heard from the dealer.

The dealer did not ask for this to happen. The OP is the one that will get the most hosed no matter what. His car was ruined and all he wanted was for it to get the warranty work done. THAT was not his fault either. BAd situation.

But to lose a 43 thousand dollar car and ask for a 55 thousand dollar car in return is ballsy. To then spread it all over the internet because you don't immediately get it is just crap.

I"m blown away that everyone just takes one persons word without even entertaining the idea that the dealer may not have deserved this.

I too have read every post and most of the articles out there. It all stems from this info. I have not seen anyone talk to the dealer about this. Dealer staying silent right now is the best thing they can do even if they have tried to do the right thing.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 AM   #1127
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
...and I don't see that being out of the question. What did the OP drop off at a dealership? A car that only he had driven, that was never beaten on more than he knews, that was never driven in snow/salt that he doesn't know about, and that was ordered 100% the way he wanted. That's what he deserves in return.

Again, that 15K loss via giving the OP a new car could easily be made up if the OP mentions to friends how well the situation was handled and then sell 3 more cars. Hell, if it was handled properly, the OP himself might have bought another car or two there.
It MIGHT be made up. But to find a car like that is not easy. Indications are that the dealer was trying to find a car that would suffice. They quickly found out that they couldn't. But it was too late.

This thread was started 4 days after the OP was informed of his loss and a day or two after it was declared totaled. As specific of a car you guys are describing is NOT going to be easy to find. Hooper wanted a brand new car from the beginning. It's in the OP.

I'd have made those wishes come true if it were me but this dealer isn't the devil just because they tried to find a comparable car.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 AM   #1128
McCarthy

No, if your 2010 SS? V6? (I'm sorry i don't know what you own) was totalled, i'd expect the dealer to replace it with a 2010 or newer SS/V6/whatever you own with the exact same options, or more if you wanted, with less miles. To wonder why everyone is calling for a brand new replacement of a special edition, limited production 2 year old car with only 10k miles, then try to compare it to your 4 year car with many more miles and i'm guessing not a limited production car is ludicrous... And no, i don't care what mods you have. There's thousand of other V6/SS camaros yours could be replaced with, notsomuch for a damn ZL-1...
Old 01-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #1129
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
No, if your 2010 SS? V6? (I'm sorry i don't know what you own) was totalled, i'd expect the dealer to replace it with a 2010 or newer SS/V6/whatever you own with the exact same options, or more if you wanted, with less miles. To wonder why everyone is calling for a brand new replacement of a special edition, limited production 2 year old car with only 10k miles, then try to compare it to your 4 year car with many more miles and i'm guessing not a limited production car is ludicrous... And no, i don't care what mods you have. There's thousand of other V6/SS camaros yours could be replaced with, notsomuch for a damn ZL-1...
No way was I trying to say it was the same scenario. But the principle remains. It's NOT unreasonable at all, even considering the situation, for the dealer to try and find a comparable car.

This is what I'm trying to get across. It's amazing to me that people assume that a brand new car is just supposed to be automatically done.

Why are you assuming that the facts are all accurate here? I see problems. Which of the two people who testified about the car offered do you believe and why?

Again, very well might be as is stated but I will not just be so quick to here one side of a story and believe it automatically. Especially when the person had already began his campaign for getting a brand new car without giving the dealer a chance to make it right first.

Where are you getting this limited edition from ?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #1130
Kevins89notch

Quote:
This thread was started 4 days after the OP was informed of his loss and a day or two after it was declared totaled.
...and? I'm not a camaro fan exactly, so I don't know where camaro5 ranks in terms of internet forums, but no offense, I'm guess it's not that high. If the OP really wanted to make a deal out of this, he could have done a thousand times better by posting it at a handful of other sites. He didn't. It took 20+ days for this to go viral. That's 20+ days the dealership had to make things better, but they failed.

They dug their own hole.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #1131
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
simple solution to all this drama just have the insurance give him a payout.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #1132
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
...and? I'm not a camaro fan exactly, so I don't know where camaro5 ranks in terms of internet forums, but no offense, I'm guess it's not that high. If the OP really wanted to make a deal out of this, he could have done a thousand times better by posting it at a handful of other sites. He didn't. It took 20+ days for this to go viral. That's 20+ days the dealership had to make things better, but they failed.

They dug their own hole.
Might want to read again. The dealer started getting slammed right away. This forum ranks high with Camaro enthusiasts. My point wasn't how effective his OP was or wasn't inteded to be but that he wanted to get this out immediately and didn't give the dealer a chance. That is clear. He wanted a new car.

He was not a member here until this. So whether we are a high ranked forum or not is irrelevant to my point.

There is no way we can know what really happened. And when GM gets' done there will most likely be a 'Mutual Agreement' made to make all sides look as good as possible.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #1133
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
simple solution to all this drama just have the insurance give him a payout.
That is not acceptable to the owner of the car.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 AM   #1134
The Circle
If you have to ask ......

Drives: Camaros
That ass hole who stole the car needs to be in jail. THAT is what is most bullshit about this.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1