Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Ten Most and Ten Least Reliable Car Brands

According to J.D. Power

Ten most reliable:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ar-brands.html

Included in this list: GM (Chevy, Cadillac, Buick), Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Honda, etc.

Ten least reliable:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...utomakers.html

Included in this list: Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, Dodge, Jeep, VW, etc.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS

Last edited by Front Runner; 04-01-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
MY. GOD. Fiat is terrible!

"every new car they sell has three defects that require attention! That figure is also almost double the industry average."
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
What amazed me... sitting behind a Challenger or a Charger and seeing crooked mounted chrome exhaust pipes on a brand new $40k car! Really?
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
No surprises with the list!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I wonder how serious some of the problems are compared to others. For instance, Ford always seemed to have problems with interior components like window switches and door handles breaking, while at the same time VW was having a lot of transmission problems (if they aren't still)

So I wouldn't consider Ford less reliable than VW, that's for sure. I'd rather break five window switches before I break one transmission

Just saying the study isn't very detailed.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
96MrBass

Drives: GM
I don't understand how some people would not take these list into consideration when spending 40/50 or 60k on a vehicle.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #7
Black Market Racing

What really blows my mind is the Range Rover has been on this list SOOOOO many times, and they only have a handful of different vehicles. Its like, at what point do you go bacj to the drawing board lol
Old 04-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #8
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Something I found kind of interesting...GM is the only domestic company with multiple makes on the top ten most reliable list (and GMC is tied with Chevy to boot). Not even Toyota can boast that this time around.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #9
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I wonder how serious some of the problems are compared to others. For instance, Ford always seemed to have problems with interior components like window switches and door handles breaking, while at the same time VW was having a lot of transmission problems (if they aren't still)

So I wouldn't consider Ford less reliable than VW, that's for sure. I'd rather break five window switches before I break one transmission

Just saying the study isn't very detailed.
This ^ IIRC I believe I had read somewhere that even when someone cant get the myford touch to work, that counts as a problem that can knock down the reliability ratings
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Wouldn't that mean that the survey is pretty detailed? If problems are recurring over and over with any manufacturer it's nice to know before purchasing.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #11
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
There goes the value (or lack thereof) of the 70K Hellcat. Oh...and I currently own a Dodge, but only for work. If only I could've used the SS sedan.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #12
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I would like to see a dollar amount affixed to the rankings. If you have $2000 worth of warranty work on multiple visits, while annoying it's not horrible. If you have only one visit, but it was for $12000, that would seem to point to long term problems. Like Tommy said, I would rather have to replace a window switch than to have a motor replaced. But both count for 1 problem.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #13
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
What really blows my mind is the Range Rover has been on this list SOOOOO many times, and they only have a handful of different vehicles. Its like, at what point do you go bacj to the drawing board lol
Yeah it took Fiat to knock Land Rover off the "top." I've met many people who wouldn't even consider a domestic brand vehicle citing poor quality/reliability. Yet around Indy I see Land Rover vehicles out-the-wazoo. It's always sort of baffled me...
Do you suppose it's because there is no snob appeal in saying you drive a Tahoe or an Explorer?
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #14
Black Market Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Yeah it took Fiat to knock Land Rover off the "top." I've met many people who wouldn't even consider a domestic brand vehicle citing poor quality/reliability. Yet around Indy I see Land Rover vehicles out-the-wazoo. It's always sort of baffled me...
Do you suppose it's because there is no snob appeal in saying you drive a Tahoe or an Explorer?
Im sure that if a Tahoe or Explorer was 85K they would be just as appealing to those types of people lol