Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
timeoutdan

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Dry rotted Troffeo tires on my second brand new 2015 Z/28 Camaro

As some of you already know I totaled my Previous 2015 Red Z/28 Camaro. From the feedback I got from you guys it sounds like the culprit is the "ice mode" of the ABS system and the fact that my mom lives at the end of a dead end street.

So that being said being a GM lover all my life since my grandfather in Cuba had a mint condition 1957 BelAir, my parents had a 1955 cadillac, Chevy work truck, and after being here a few years from Cuba they bought an I-Roc Z28. My Dad was a self taught mechanic and I would always remember him working on cars and saying how much more he enjoyed working on Chevy cars than others. So naturally I fallowed his footsteps and he helped me purchase a brand new 2007 Z06. That car unfortunately was stolen twice so after the second time it was never found. After that I patiently waited for the new Camaro to be release in 2010 again pulled the trigger on a brand new 2010 White Camaro SS premium package with the white racing stripes. Unfortunately it blew a rod and GM denied my warranty claim because I had replaced the stock exhaust with Kook's long tube headers and they said that and changing the tune because of the aftermarket exhaust voided my warranty. I sold it ass is to another Chevy enthusiast friend.
timeoutdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
timeoutdan

continued
Waited two more years for the Z/28 and now this is my second one that I was lucky enough to find brand new out an AutoNation Chevy dealer in Maryland. I asked the salesman to please make sure the tires were not dry rotted and they all are some less than others. I went to my local AutoNation dealer and they said the same thing not covered by the warranty.

I'm not feeling the love guys!!! What do you guys think?

This keeps getting worse. While washing my car yesterday I noticed the front driver's side wheel weight was pried of the wheel leaving scratches. The only reason I noticed was because the wheel weight was different from the original ones and the scratches all the way through the paint exposing the aluminum. When I took the car to install the paint protection film the installer did notice fish eyes on the drivers side fender.

My guess is that somebody lost control of the car while test driving it or one of the big shots at the dealer testing it out. The online advertising showed the car having 11 miles on the odometer when i got the car it had 36. I live in Miami, Florida I found the car at an AutoNation in Laurel Maryland. The attorney involved with the brake failure case due to ice mode is handling this for me. I'm fed up with all the deception and bad customer service from GM.

Last edited by timeoutdan; 05-11-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: found more problems with car
Old 05-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeoutdan View Post
continued
Waited two more years for the Z/28 and now this is my second one that I was lucky enough to find brand new out an AutoNation Chevy dealer in Maryland. I asked the salesman to please make sure the tires were not dry rotted and they all are some less than others. I went to my local AutoNation dealer and they said the same thing not covered by the warranty.

Were they dry rotted when you bought it new?
You may want to try this.
http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/3...t-dealer.shtml
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
frogwo

Drives: 2015 Z28
Same issue.

Purchased car new from authorized Chevrolet dealer April / 16.
Z28 had sat on dealer's lot prior to December / 14. Tires were replaced by
selling dealer with no problem or argument. Much more involved if you would like you may contact me frogwo@att.net
frogwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeoutdan View Post
continued

The tire warranty is in the Chevy warranty booklet. Ask them to show you in your warranty booklet where the tires are not covered, then show them the section where they are.

Warranty is not an opinion thing. It's either in black and white in your warranty book or not. I have a '15, the tire warranty is detailed in the warranty book.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:15 AM   #6
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
The BBB is a mafia racket that takes care of anyone who pays them money as members. They have not been a legitimate source of business reviews for nearly 20 years. Today, the only way to go after a business publicly is Google Reviews, Yalp, etc.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #7
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
GM gave me a new set. Just keep trying different dealers till you find a good one.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #8
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
"Tire Coverage The tires supplied with your vehicle are covered by General Motors against defects in material or workmanship under the bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. Wear-out is not considered a defect, and it may occur before the vehicle warranty expires."

There is your tire warranty from the warranty book just in case they haven't a clue.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
How did you come to the conclusion your tires were 'dry rotted'?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

A salesman isn't qualified to do anything except become the middle man between you and the manager to negotiate price. OEM wheels on an untitled vehicle are covered by GM, you may need to find a service advisor or manager in your area that knows how to get them replaced under warranty if the dealer selling the vehicle is unwilling to do the legwork.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
You just have to find the right dealer. I got all 4 replaced cause I wore them out in 2 days. Car had under 2000 miles and the dealer and regional reps were confused as to how you can wear a tire out that fast.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 AM   #12
oakaro68

I didn't have any luck trying to get them to replace my tires when I bought the car new either. Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas, TX was my dealer... And the car had door dings and the drivers door was scratched and covered with touch up paint. Only reason I still bought it was because I got it $27k off MSRP I would not have bought it otherwise. But I'm glad I did. Door dings can be fixed and I replaced the tires with Michelin pilot sport cup 2 315 front and 325 rear. Those tires ride much better than trofeos. If your getting a good deal, jump on it.
oakaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #13
timeoutdan

pictures

You be the judge!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #14
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Honestly, we're not qualified as our opinions aren't going to provide you a new set of tires. That and I'm no tire expert. At the end of the day, you will need to decide for yourself if the hassle of dealing with multiple dealerships to push a warranty replacement through is worth your time.

Half a dozen replies above suggested you call several (all?) GM dealers in the area until you found a service manager that would be willing to assist. How many GM service managers did you call and ask to replace OEM tires under warranty?