Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
JRE Posi mod instructions

does anyone have these? i asked Janettey but he said he only has them on paper and cant email them. im asking because i want to see what is involved with this install before i buy
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |

Last edited by JooktheSnooke; 01-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
JooktheSnooke

bump
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
Old 01-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Good luck - Jannetty flat out told me they wouldn't send them to me. Facebook messenger went like this:

Me: "I am having my differential rebuilt locally. I am considering having the JRE posi mod installed at the same time. The shop would like to review the install instructions prior to agreeing to complete the installation for me. Would you please forward me a copy of the instructions - I cannot find them on your website. Thanks"

JRE: "sorry we do not give out the instructions without purchase be cause it can be copied"

Me: "the concern being that somebody will then copy your design and market their own? I would think anybody that interested in doing so probably would just go ahead and invest the $200 so that they could get all the dimensions they need as well."

JRE: "Yes sir."

What a joke - that made the TruTrack an easy decision.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
JooktheSnooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Good luck - Jannetty flat out told me they wouldn't send them to me. Facebook messenger went like this:

Me: "I am having my differential rebuilt locally. I am considering having the JRE posi mod installed at the same time. The shop would like to review the install instructions prior to agreeing to complete the installation for me. Would you please forward me a copy of the instructions - I cannot find them on your website. Thanks"

JRE: "sorry we do not give out the instructions without purchase be cause it can be copied"

Me: "the concern being that somebody will then copy your design and market their own? I would think anybody that interested in doing so probably would just go ahead and invest the $200 so that they could get all the dimensions they need as well."

JRE: "Yes sir."

What a joke - that made the TruTrack an easy decision.
LOL that makes no sense. what is the big secret about a differential? im not going to buy blind. jannetty doesnt even say whats in the kit. ill just go with the kit from camaro central instead.

https://www.camarocentral.com/2010_2..._p/clu-595.htm

this is it if anyone is interested. at least they tell u what it comes with and how to install before you buy
Old 01-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Its just more clutch disc very popular back in the day with the foxbodys you just pack it tight to take slip out but if you go to tight its basically a mini spool
Old 01-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
I'm curious - why not get a TruTrack or some other mechanical diff?

I realize the clutch upgrade kit is quite a bit cheaper - $230 vs $600

When you factor in the labor of pulling the diff apart and putting it back together, and probably taking it apart again and put together again...it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not wealthy, but I'll spend the money (if I can) when it makes sense to.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #7
JooktheSnooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
I'm curious - why not get a TruTrack or some other mechanical diff?

I realize the clutch upgrade kit is quite a bit cheaper - $230 vs $600

When you factor in the labor of pulling the diff apart and putting it back together, and probably taking it apart again and put together again...it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not wealthy, but I'll spend the money (if I can) when it makes sense to.
i thought the truetrac was more for motor cross than for everyday use? would the truetrac last if it is used on the street daily?
Old 01-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
bkevind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooktheSnooke View Post
i thought the truetrac was more for motor cross than for everyday use? would the truetrac last if it is used on the street daily?
They're great on the street. it's not a spool or other type of locker, it's a helical-gear - so there are no downsides on the street at all, only good.

Perfect for street, strip and road course. Known to be very reliable and long lasting.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #9
Slammed1000

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
For an auto the posi mod works well. I’ve been 10’s with 1.4 60fts with the posi mod. 3.91 gear, stock caps and cover. It will be tight though and is not the best solution for auto x, road course.

FYI the couple parts needed are way cheaper than what Ted charges for his kit. However he put the R&D into what he believes works best and built the kit with instructions. For that he deserves the credit. I can totally understand why he stopped sharing instructions. If you want to do it on your own it should be expected you need to figure it out one way or another. That said a simple google search will lead you in the right direction.

Last edited by Slammed1000; 01-08-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Slammed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #10
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I have the TruTrac — no issues at all. Street or road course...

The Z/28 is also a similar diff — much like the TruTrac...

I had the clutch pack done, didn’t like it. Very grabby and not good at all for road course. When cold it would ‘snap’ while backing up and turning.

Much happier with the TruTrac...

Just my preference based on actual experience...

http://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalo...ferential.html

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPage.912A686.html

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPa...fications.html

https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/skuPa...resources.html

https://rdpstore.com/p-2706-detroit-...erentials.aspx

https://rdpstore.com/p-11820-trutrac...n5-camaro.aspx

I got mine from DynoSteve but JRE may have this also...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 01-08-2019 at 10:25 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #11
JooktheSnooke

thank you all for the help
Old 01-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
bkevind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I have the TruTrac — no issues at all. Street or road course...

The Z/28 is also a similar diff — much like the TruTrac...

I had the clutch pack done, didn’t like it. Very grabby and not good at all for road course. Much happier with the TruTrac...

Just my preference based on actual experience...

http://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalo...ferential.html

https://rdpstore.com/p-2706-detroit-...erentials.aspx

https://rdpstore.com/p-11820-trutrac...n5-camaro.aspx

I got mine from DynoSteve but JRE may have this also...

-Don
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I've only had my truetrac in for 200 street miles so I can't speak from experience yet.

You're a great example, and your car is making serious power and torque.

My OEM clutch type became a mostly open diff, with only 30k miles on it. Became a little unpredictable on the road course because sometimes it would sort of grab. Yikes. But most of the time on hard throttle corner exits...laying down one strip of rubber instead of hooking up and going. Fun, sure, but not the quick way to get around.

No way was I going to rebuild or replace the clutch type with more clutch type.

Are you going to be at any HPDE events in Texas this year? I'll be in MSRH with NASA this month, then MSRC with TDE in Feb. Car needs some work and development as does the driver - I've been out of the game for 6 years or so - re-entering as a noob to knock the rust off and learn some better habits.

Apologies for the thread jack, OP.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
JooktheSnooke

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I've only had my truetrac in for 200 street miles so I can't speak from experience yet.

My OEM clutch type became a mostly open diff, with only 30k miles on it. Became a little unpredictable on the road course because sometimes it would sort of grab. Yikes. But most of the time on hard throttle corner exits...laying down one strip of rubber instead of hooking up and going. Fun, sure, but not the quick way to get around.

Are you going to be at any HPDE events in Texas this year? I'll be in MSRH with NASA this month, then MSRC with TDE in Feb. Car needs some work and development as does the driver - I've been out of the game for 6 years or so - re-entering as a noob to knock the rust off and learn some better habits.

lol its all good. i got the info i was looking for
Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:

<HiJacked>
I have a date set at TMS (Texas Motor Speedway) in Feb... hope to make that.. road course baby!

I was hoping ECR (Eagle Canyon Raceway) would be done but, they are doing great stuff so have to be patient.

Only so much time available for this much fun ;o)
</HiJacked>

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote