Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 AM   #1
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Cool New pedals and hooked up my four pack gauge cluster...

Been a while since I posted anything I've done with my car.. Been going through some s**t recently and been having to put my mods on hold for the time being.

So I ordered some new pedals that can be found on the SS and ZL1 models I believe! Came out looking sweet!! Was a pain in the ass!! Due to my height and weight, it's not easy squeezing under the steering wheel up side down !

Took me about four times to get under there, because I had to take breaks from passing out being upside down and cramped in that small area.. The gas pedal I did first, three bolts and disconnecting the cable and it was out! The first bolt you can use a screwdriver with a ratchet attachment. The other two at the top, you need a very small ratchet, since the space is very very tight, virtually no room to move around there. I had to make very small turns till it came off and the same going back on. The data cable plug, requires a flat head screw driver to pop off the little plastic thing holding the connector in there for safety. Do this first, then disconnect the cable, afterwards unscrew the bolts.

After that, you can take a break and work on the other two pedals (or just the break pedal if you have automatic ). You have to remove the metal pieces from the rubber !!! You cannot put these on without doing so!! Believe me I tried.. I then looked online and found a tutorial that said to put them in boiling hot water and then pull the rubber off. This worked!! I boiled hot water in a plastic container (that is microwave safe people), for 4 minutes. Then placed them in there and waited about 20 minutes. Removed them and the rubber was easy to pull apart! After that they just slide on!! Then you want to dry the rubber of the excess water and then apply "Gorilla Glue" to the metal underside and then press them on as hard as you can and hold them there for at least 2 minutes before letting go. Do the same to the other pedal. Now let it sit for an hour (I let mine sit over night while I slept, but an hour should be good enough) and you should be ready to go!! Been using them for the last two weeks and they still look great!! Now I just need to find a "dead pedal" that matches!!

http://r.ebay.com/38TWI6

The next thing I did was connect up my data cable I got from Gen5DIY.com, for my 4 pack gauges I got from here! Was a bit of a pain to get the factory cable out and put the new spliced one in it's place, but wasn't too bad. After that I pulled out the glove box, was easier than I was expecting!! Just push in two tabs and pull down! Easy peasey!! Then I routed the cable across and down to the console and into the back of the gauges. I zip tied it to the other cable. If I had more time and energy, I would have liked to pull out my console and wrapped it inside of the cloth thing that is wrapping all the wires for the gauge cluster to make it look more like factory, but that will be a project for another time...

http://www.gen5diy.com/4-pack-harnesss-pnp/?filter_name=4%20pack%20gauge%20harness&filter_des cription=1

Thank you Gen5DIY for your PNP 4 pack gauge cluster cable!! A little pricey, but was exactly how it states on the web site, easy PNP option to get the cluster working! My next thing I need from his website is the MyLink PNP harness and the dash and door ABL Kit!! But both are going to cost me about $250 a piece ! Will have to save up for another time.. And when I'm in the mood to do more mods.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2016, 03:12 AM   #2
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
No trans temp? Just boost? is that a 2015 thing? id like to boost over trans temp
Old 02-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #3
Graphicsgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
No trans temp? Just boost? is that a 2015 thing? id like to boost over trans temp
Nah it's a ZL1 thing .. Sadly it doesn't work on my car, I'd like to make it functional. I might change it out to a RS one later. I got lucky and a guy on here sold his for an amazing price !! Just had to get the data cable to make it functional .
Old 02-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
Glad to see everything worked out for you. I am glad that someone took the time to make this gauge pack work. I just simply couldn't find the time to install it.
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
You should search the ZL1 Dead Pedal. A few of us have done it, and it really sets off the ZL1 pedals.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Actually you can slide those covers on without taking them apart.
I just did mine 2 weeks ago.
They need to be warmed to get them pliable. (i set mine in front of the fireplace for 20 minutes or so.
They need to be worked from the bottom up and then you snap the top over.
Rubbing alcohol is your friend, put a little on the edges of the pedal and work quickly they will slide right up.
Then a small stubby screwdriver or trim tool to work the top over.
I took about 5 minutes per pedal (after I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out the best way to do it LOL)
Sorry I was late to give you this info.
Hopefully this will help the next guy.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
How come you have 2 brake pedals?
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:33 AM   #8
Graphicsgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
How come you have 2 brake pedals?
Ha! Your cute .. Going to be here all week ?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #9
Graphicsgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Actually you can slide those covers on without taking them apart.
I just did mine 2 weeks ago.
They need to be warmed to get them pliable. (i set mine in front of the fireplace for 20 minutes or so.
They need to be worked from the bottom up and then you snap the top over.
Rubbing alcohol is your friend, put a little on the edges of the pedal and work quickly they will slide right up.
Then a small stubby screwdriver or trim tool to work the top over.
I took about 5 minutes per pedal (after I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out the best way to do it LOL)
Sorry I was late to give you this info.
Hopefully this will help the next guy.
Thanks for the tip!! I tried using WD-40 and anything else I could find! Those suckers just didn't want to get on there !! But after separating the rubber from the metal, it only took a matter of minutes to get them on there. I felt doing it your way, I could have been outside for hours playing around trying to get the rubber to go where I want it to, and animated nor inanimate objects don't listen to me very well lol!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #10
Graphicsgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
You should search the ZL1 Dead Pedal. A few of us have done it, and it really sets off the ZL1 pedals.
I want it!! But I can't find where to buy ! I did come across some for a VW that looked like it could work, but I'd hate to spend $50 and find out it wont work.. So where do I get that pedal to match?!?!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #11
Eddiefuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod View Post
I want it!! But I can't find where to buy ! I did come across some for a VW that looked like it could work, but I'd hate to spend $50 and find out it wont work.. So where do I get that pedal to match?!?!
It's in the original thread, you've posted on that thread. Post #47 has the info.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #12
Graphicsgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
It's in the original thread, you've posted on that thread. Post #47 has the info.
Damn really?? I forgotten all about it ! I'll search for it... Lol, thanks for reminding me !!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #13
Graphicsgod

Ok, took me a while, but I found this old thread!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411761

Now I know why I forgot about it, damn thing is expensive for a hunk of bullet :P!! Need a cheaper option..
Old 02-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #14
Eddiefuzz

BUT IT LOOKS SOOOO GOOD!!!