Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Waiting until it comes to Maple Grove Dragway in Pa.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
MR.CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
do they do that every year in Virgina? i would go but goin to O.C. car show
MR.CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CamaroSS View Post
do they do that every year in Virgina? i would go but goin to O.C. car show
I think it is an annual event, as they had it last year too. They also do "Fun Ford Weekend" and "Mopar Madness" as well as other things.
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #18
jonm38

Drives: 2016 Siliverado LT. Camaro SS
Yes, Super Chevy is a annual event held there each May.

USN - 1990 - 1994

2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
jonm38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #19
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm38 View Post
Yes, Super Chevy is a annual event held there each May.
I live 1 mile from there and I wasn't sure.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
Beescuz

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Not 100% sure yet.

Probably going on Saturday
Beescuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Brutal SS

When the time gets closer, perhaps we can set up a meeting place/time beforehand, so that we can arrive at the event at same time. A mini-Camaro convoy!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #22
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I Think I'm going. I'm not to crazy about the way they park car though. I was told if you put your car in the show ( which is a prime parking spot ) you still can leave the event whenever you are ready. This would be the way to go if this is true.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #23
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Depends on work schedule but put me down as going for right now. Missed it last year. Work may force OT but I could still make it during the day. 1 positive for midnight shift, who needs sleep...

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #24
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
I Think I'm going. I'm not to crazy about the way they park car though. I was told if you put your car in the show ( which is a prime parking spot ) you still can leave the event whenever you are ready. This would be the way to go if this is true.
I wonder what the 'Show N Shine' parking is gonna be like. It sounds like part of the car show sorta, but just not participating in the competition part of it. I will try to find out more details. Here is the link to ticket info: http://vmpdrag.com/drag/SuperChevy.aspx

[QUOTE=CruznSS;4679704]Depends on work schedule but put me down as going for right now. Missed it last year. Work may force OT but I could still make it during the day. 1 positive for midnight shift, who needs sleep...

I too am a night walker!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Brutal SS

For those who may be considering being a participant, here is the information that defines which class your car would be placed in. For me, my short list of mods would put me into the "street" class, so I probably won't be entering that, but I am considering the Show n Shine, especially if it means a better parking spot!

Gold Class – All extensively done Show Vehicles. Undercarriage will be examined to determine eligibility, and a final decision will be rendered by consensus of the Car Show Officials. The Supervisor decision is final and the entry would compete in the Gold Class. The registration procedure remains the same for all vehicles. All entries will register for their normally assigned class and the Judging Supervisor will make the registration change and provide the owner with a new classification card. Gold Class entrants will be reassigned a parking area and will be grouped together. Winners will be awarded in separate categories as appropriate, as well as appropriate “Best” awards
Each class has the possibility of having these classes within. Example being…. Camaro 1967 – 1969 could actually be 3 classes with 3 Winners and 3 Outstandings
Camaro 1967-1969 (Stock)
Camaro 1967-1969 (Street)
Camaro 1967-1969 (Modified)

STOCK CLASS
The Stock Class will include vehicles that appear to be factory stock. The interior must be original or a duplicate of the original in material, style and color. Engine must be stock for the vehicle’s year and model. Number to NOT have to match. No tube-type headers allowed unless proved by GM Regular Production (RPO) paperwork. No bolt-on after market parts allowed. Wheels must be available for year/model of the vehicle. All vehicles with a dealer conversion or factory conversions not installed at the factory (such as Choo Choo Customs, Yenko, SLP, etc) will be moved to the Street or modified class of the appropriate category.

STREET CLASS
The Street Class includes all vehicles with bolt-on aftermarket or dealer installed parts and/or accessories. The body may have bolt-on spoilers. Ground effects, fiberglass parts, etc. Any molding of these items moves entry to Modified Class. Paint may be of any color from any OEM manufacturer. Aftermarket candy, pearl, metal flake paint entries will be moved to Modified. Painted pinstripes, and taped pinstripes or decals and vinyl graphics are allowed. Judging Supervisor will classify custom work. Other items that move an entry to Street Class include bolt-on headers. Ignition wires, air cleaners, valve covers, continental kits, painted engine compartment, etc. Any molding of any type (including firewall, inner fenders, panels, etc) will move entry to Modified Class. Minor interior changes are allowed (seat inserts, minor truck or truck bed modifications, and bolt-in seats with stock-type interior). No custom interiors allowed. There will be no limit on the amount of bright items on the engine or in the engine compartment. See notes concerning dealer and factory-sold conversions in the Stock Class

MODIFIED CLASS
The following will automatically put your vehicle in the Modified Class: bodywork that involves redesign of the original body lines, including but not limited to nosing, chopping, channeling, sectioning, changing radius of wheel wells, molding, tunneling, etc. Paint is of custom design such as painted graphics, shading, blending, candy, pearl, neon, or murals. Engine relocation and /or custom fabricated engine mounts and /or a different Chevrolet engine than was available with any given entry (for example – big block in ’57 Chevy) and/or a smoothed out engine block. Any aftermarket, non stock OEM, multiple car set-ups, tunnel rams, blowers, turbo chargers and/or late model tuned port-type fuel injection on any other era vehicle. Interiors that are of a custom design that consist of changes to three or more of the following: seats, door panels, dash modifications, flooring, headliner, trunk, or truck bed area. See notes concerning dealer and factory-sold conversations in Stock Class

AWARDS
Saturday Specialty Awards
Top 10 Editors Choice – Car Show
Top 10 Editors Choice – Drag Race
ISCA Award
Club Participation (Minimum 6 cars registered together as a club)
Outstanding Engineered
Outstanding Paint
Outstanding Interior
Outstanding Engine
Outstanding Stock
Outstanding Street
Outstanding Modified
Outstanding Workmanship

Sunday Class Awards
Class Winner Plaque – 1 per class
Outstanding Class Awards – 1 per class

Best in Class
Best Big Car
Best Camaro
Best Chevelle
Best Corvette
Best 55-56-57
Best Early Chevrolet
Best Conversion
Best Pro Street/Pro Engineered
Best El Camino
Best Nova
Best Monte Carlo
Best Open
Best Truck

Gold Class
Class Winners
Best Detailed
Best Engine
Best Paint

Top Awards
Award of Excellence
Best of Show

NOTE: For Saturday-Only Super Chevy Show events, all awards will be given the day of event
Old 03-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The parking for show and shine last year was with the competitors, just you didn't have an entry slip on your dash... at least that's how I understood it when I got there.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
Brutal SS

New Mods Ordered!

I just purchased some new cosmetic mods today that I hope to be installed by then!!!

The new stuff I got coming are:

-2 sets of all red CAMARO letters to replace the chrome stock letters;

-3 SS badges; (red with black satin surrounds), one set to replace the bowtie on the trunklid, the other two for each fender under the CAMARO letters;

-and the V2 Mailslot Scanner with remote from AAC!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
I might be able to swing this. I'm not 100% just yet, but interested. I would be entering if going. I should know for sure in a week or so.

Meeting up prior and cruising in sounds like a good plan.