Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 03-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Paging Cookman and Fairnot or other construction guys

This is sort of related to fifth gen Camaros' and also second and fourth gen. LOL.

As you may or may not know I bought a piece of land and building a house in New Boston, NH. I am also going to build a separate 3 bay garage.

I am looking at pole buildings and steel buildings for the new house. I am going to build at least a 36X30x12 foot 3 bay garage. I am going to have a frost wall and slab poured even though you don't need it for a pole building, but my thinking is I am going to have at least one lift and maybe more long term so it has to be a stable base.

I have a price from Morton's Buildings for a 36X30X13 and tomorrow I am getting a quote from the local contractor for Lester buildings. They seem good too. Morton is expensive but really nice and a solid reputation.

Anyone have any experience with this and what do you suggest?

My specs are the size and it has to be well insulated because I am going to heat it. I will get the slab done when pouring the foundation and floor for the house and I will get the propane, electricity and maybe water to it all myself.

I am not stuck on any particular type (pole, steel, stick) but I am trying to keep the cost reasonable since I want to retire and play with my cars SOMEDAY!! What is the best approach to getting a building up for a reasonable cost (I know that is subjective). Not looking to be cheap but I don't have 100K to build this building since I have to build the house too! Some of you know what I have now, that would be 100K today! I love it, but just can't do that. I would rather have something a little less nice and have more space. Don't need an attic at all.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Those guys are probably still hibernating
Old 03-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Working. LOL. Too bad.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Sounds like great plan Dan. Good luck!
The house I'm in now I played the the general on and got 3 bids for each step. My three car is incorporated as part of the house (not detached ) and I did all of my own plumbing and heating myself being in the business. I can fit 4 cars in the upper and have another on my lower level so a total of 5 cars inside under cover. At the time I built didn't think about a lift (wish I did) but is good for my needs.
Hope it goes well.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
You know the old saying Dan... you get what you pay for... them Morton buildings are awesome and I would love to do one cuz I know it would last for the rest of my life.Other than that stick framing could be an alternative if you can get a good framer.
The framer we use I think is actually building in Maine.. so I guess he travels.
If you would like I can put you in touch with him and discuss your plans and maybe get a price... again there you get what you pay for and he's dam good at what he dose.
Not saying there isn't as good or better out there but Dave (framer) is an awesome guy.
Text me if you want and I can get you his number.

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #6
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Well, I met with the Lester building guy today. Very nice guy and been doing it a long time. We'll see what price he comes in with.

I have a very good builder here Al, but stick building is the most expensive and that is what I am trying to get away from. My builder saw my Morton Building quote and figure another 10K to stick build.

I think Morton will be the winner, but the Lester looks decent too. I'll have to see some.

Thank Bud, I would do a lot myself too but not sure about time I'll have with doing a house at the same time.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #7
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Sorry Dan, I have been working not paying attention to Camaro5....

I could do something like this for you....less than 80k (we can talk)
excavation
foundation
framing
roofing
doors
windows
siding

Name:  Garage.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  338.7 KB
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #8
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

PM'd you
Old 03-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #9
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
I own a concrete floor business,if we could agree on price I would come do it. Message or call me 774-487-2303 Stephan Hard rock Concrete
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #10
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

You mean the concrete or the whole building or both buildings concrete?
I have a contractor that is building the house and he has subs but I can of course use anyone I want. If you are interested in the cement work, we can talk.