Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #15
NME
F(r)iend

Drives: '08 G8GT PBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
Problem has been resolved by Gainesville Chevy service advisor.
What was the resolution?
MonteSS DiabloSport 93 Octane Tune
Red Painted Calipers, Ceramic Pads
Cross drilled / slotted rotors, 20% tint
NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
Desert_Rat

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS M6, 2002 Saturn SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Same here, grinds into 2nd on first shift when car is at or below 30 degrees. Solution: skip the first shift and go 1-3 instead. :-)
Just happened to me this morning at 33 degrees. The spring kit probably wouldn't help this since the clutch is fully depressed when this happen. Right?
Desert_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
CammieChix

Drives: 2011 1LT 6-SP MANUAL
This has absolutely nothing to do with weather. Keep searching this forum as there is a wealth of information about transmission and clutch issues. Good luck.
CammieChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
jesslz

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS RS M6 "Ruby"
I live in socal, and my camaro is having this problem in the mornings. I really hope the only solution is not to pull the pedal up with my foot...
jesslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
jesslz

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS RS M6 "Ruby"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
I have that problem with 2011 V6. A couple of attempts have been made by service department to correct it. You have to pull the pedal up with your toe to get it back to the top unless you press it a couple of times. After that, it is OK the rest of the day. The V8 has a spring available at www.lingenfelter.comand a discussion of the issue for V8 clutches.
From the description of the part, it seems like this is meant to resolve the clutch sticking issue with launch control. Does it also resolve the sticking issue when the car is 'cold'?
jesslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
dhoffman9

Drives: Camaro
clutch sticks

Same issue on my 2011 LT1. I hook my foot under the clutch & pull it out and it works. The stuck clutch could cause an overacceleration accident. I will get it checked out. It causes horrible performance.

David
dhoffman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #21
Cajun8

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th AE, Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslz View Post
I live in socal, and my camaro is having this problem in the mornings. I really hope the only solution is not to pull the pedal up with my foot...
I live in SoCal too and have the same issue. After the car sits overnight, The clutch pedal goes limp and I have to pump it a couple of times or even pull it up with the tip of my foot. I brought it in to the dealer and they said the master cylinder was leaking internally. They changed it and I noticed the clutch was much smoother than before and it fixed the "limp" problem for a few days. Less than a week later, I noticed that it was slightly limp again. It has been just just over a week since they changed the master cylinder and it is very noticeable again. I will bring it back in to the shop when I get a chance. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
There is a TSB on this issue. Search the forums and you will find it. The fix is to replace the clutch pedal assembly under your factory warranty. From what I hear, the replacement assembly is the same one used on the ZL-1 so you're getting a better setup after this fix is completed.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #23
2SShowngo

Drives: 2013 black ZL1#456
I have a 2011 ls3 and mine is at the dealer now for this issue for a 2nd time. Ill keep you guys up to date as to what they do to resolve this issue. Also trying to get the 2nd gear grind fixed also.
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun8 View Post
I live in SoCal too and have the same issue. After the car sits overnight, The clutch pedal goes limp and I have to pump it a couple of times or even pull it up with the tip of my foot. I brought it in to the dealer and they said the master cylinder was leaking internally. They changed it and I noticed the clutch was much smoother than before and it fixed the "limp" problem for a few days. Less than a week later, I noticed that it was slightly limp again. It has been just just over a week since they changed the master cylinder and it is very noticeable again. I will bring it back in to the shop when I get a chance. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Let us know if your dealership was able to pinpoint the issue you described.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun8 View Post
I live in Los Angeles and am having the EXACT same symptoms. My car is in for the seat belt tensioner going bad in the rear seat, and they said they'd look at the clutch too. Anyone happen to know the TSB for it????
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #26
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
my clutch consistantly sticks to the floor when it is below 35 deg. it sometimes takes 15-20 min of driving for it to feel normal again. last time this happend it was in the summer and mostly did it in extreeme heat, i flushed the fluid and it was normal for a while. im need to take it to the dealer but every time i decide to take it we have a couple warm days and it quits acting up. anybody got the tsb number?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
mexiken

So update: I took it the dealer and they told me it was "normal" but it's not. One of the employees I manage has a 2011 and his clutch has NONE of the symptoms, and he lives in a city where it's a few degrees colder than where I am.

Even more concerning, on the receipt, the dealership wrote they weren't able to duplicate the concern, but yet the Service Advisor told me that it was normal for the pedal to head down like that in cold weather. I don't know how I should proceed. I guess I should try another dealership.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #28
mexiken

Double update: Took it to another dealer.

First thing he said, he'd seen it before. Took the car, gave me a rental because he said it was potentially a "safety issue" and said, "I don't know what those guys over at Felix were thinking" by telling me it's normal.

Overall, great experience. He replaced the pedal, and it hasn't given me an issue since (but also hasn't been as cold yet, about 10 degrees warmer in the mornings). If anyone needs me to, I can give you the exact lines on my receipt, if you're having trouble with your dealer refusing to fix.