Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Typical issue when your salesperson isn't obsessed with the Camaro like we are lol
Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Take off the engine cover first.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
No need for that.

Coolant cap will be up front in the middle on the LFX.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
Sorry for the hijack..
No worries!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #46
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No need for that.

Coolant cap will be up front in the middle on the LFX.
Doh, forgot about that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #47
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Didn't get the car back yet. It needs a new windshield. They knew that entire 3 weeks it has been there. Even said the body shop tried to come do it a few times but the car was up in the air. Dealer called yesterday and said its ready to go. I asked if the windshield was done and said oh crap, it will be ready tomorrow then. Well I took a trip to the base to get some work done (I live two hours from base and dealer) and to be close by to get the car. Whole day went by and I called and he said the windshield was delivered to the wrong dealer but assured it would be ready tomorrow....so I get to drive all the way back there tomorrow...I bet they forget to fix my radiator fans...after they changed the timing chains the high mode stopped working and I have had to constantly remind them and every time the service tech acts as if its the first time I am mentioning it. I just want everything taken care of so I don't have to come back. Since owning the car it has had about 70 days of shop time..40 within the first 6 months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #48
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
^ Thats nuts....I am assuming you being in the service have limited time and distance to go looking for a different service shop to avoid repeated issues.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #49
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
Didn't get the car back yet. It needs a new windshield. They knew that entire 3 weeks it has been there. Even said the body shop tried to come do it a few times but the car was up in the air. Dealer called yesterday and said its ready to go. I asked if the windshield was done and said oh crap, it will be ready tomorrow then. Well I took a trip to the base to get some work done (I live two hours from base and dealer) and to be close by to get the car. Whole day went by and I called and he said the windshield was delivered to the wrong dealer but assured it would be ready tomorrow....so I get to drive all the way back there tomorrow...I bet they forget to fix my radiator fans...after they changed the timing chains the high mode stopped working and I have had to constantly remind them and every time the service tech acts as if its the first time I am mentioning it. I just want everything taken care of so I don't have to come back. Since owning the car it has had about 70 days of shop time..40 within the first 6 months.

all bullshit aside, as soon as you get your car back Id never go to that dealership again. Thank god the dealership in town isn't like that
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Since owning the car it has had about 70 days of shop time..40 within the first 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethreat07 View Post
all bullshit aside, as soon as you get your car back Id never go to that dealership again. Thank god the dealership in town isn't like that
I'd be trading it in on something that isn't a mechanical disaster. Good luck, OP.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #51
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Don't get me wrong. The dealership has always been great. Never questioned warranty, always gave me a brand new loaner even when I was too young for a dealer car they would pay for a rental. Treat me very well. They just kind of dropped the ball the last few days about the fans and windshield. Which they are a huge dealership with a lot going on. They only have like 5 service guys that organize it all.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #52
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

I am leaving now to get it. 2 hour drive.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I am leaving now to get it. 2 hour drive.

Good luck man.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #54
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Got the car. Runs and sounds great! I forgot how good the engine sounds when its not covered up by a loud exhaust. Oil PSI is back to normal. The sound that I thought was a loose heat shield was A bad slave cylinder and throw out barring in the clutch which they found and replaced on their own. They even transferred over my painted valve covers for me. The guy who did the work said its a 2013 LLT. Only thing he didn't do is hook my ZL1 light harness back up to the fuze box. So my lower fogs are not powered right now. They had the car spotless inside and out and did replace the windshield and fixed the radiator fans.

Here's the million dollar question...mod or not to mod. At the least my elite catch can will go back on.

Attached Images

Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Nice
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
KMPrenger

Quote:
Got the car. Runs and sounds great! I forgot how good the engine sounds when its not covered up by a loud exhaust. Oil PSI is back to normal. The sound that I thought was a loose heat shield was A bad slave cylinder and throw out barring in the clutch which they found and replaced on their own. They even transferred over my painted valve covers for me. The guy who did the work said its a 2013 LLT. Only thing he didn't do is hook my ZL1 light harness back up to the fuze box. So my lower fogs are not powered right now. They had the car spotless inside and out and did replace the windshield and fixed the radiator fans.

Here's the million dollar question...mod or not to mod. At the least my elite catch can will go back on.

Glad to see it is all taken care of. For me, the million dollar question is if the timing chain issue still exists in your new LLT engine, or if its the same exact design as the 2010 engines.

So before this all began, did you take off the headers and everything before taking it in? I can't remember. That sounds like a lot of work lol.