Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #687
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
rebelyell is that picture backwards and in a 150?
172, and no it isnt. Just a 45° turn
Old 06-27-2015, 12:54 AM   #688
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
rebelyell22 Did you know your Prop blade is bent lol Have fun

Quote:
found this link the other day! I may be spending some cash here soon..
Cool.Thanks for posting it

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:47 PM   #689
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Very cool thread!

I love them all, but I've always been a Jug and FW man myself.

I've also built countless static models of my favorites.

1/32 model of Col. Gabreski's razorback.

1/32 Bf-109F4 Trop. Sadly, this one was brought down by my cat. I hope she's not going for Ace!

One of my recent builds, 1/24 Hurricane MkII Trop. All paint, no decals. Markings represent an aircraft that was flown during the battle of Malta. Pilot unknown.

BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #690
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
Very cool thread!

I love them all, but I've always been a Jug and FW man myself.
Wow just the mention of FW brings back memories.

A good friend of mine and coworker who unfortunately passed away in a boating accident was US Representative for FlugWerks that was restoring making "new 190" Aircraft. Was over in Germany to see the first Airframe rolled out. Got to see if can dig up the old pictures. Was bringing it to the US and was going to help him Tour and Market it at Airshows. That never came to be on our end.God Bless. Lost interest after that The last I remember reading they ended up making a number of Airframes and then were in the Process of selling all the rights,tooling etc a couple of years ago.
Maybe you know more? Thanks

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
Old 06-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #691
BLK141SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Wow just the mention of FW brings back memories.

A good friend of mine and coworker who unfortunately passed away in a boating accident was US Representative for FlugWerks that was restoring making "new 190" Aircraft. Was over in Germany to see the first Airframe rolled out. Got to see if can dig up the old pictures. Was bringing it to the US and was going to help him Tour and Market it at Airshows. That never came to be on our end.God Bless. Lost interest after that The last I remember reading they ended up making a number of Airframes and then were in the Process of selling all the rights,tooling etc a couple of years ago.
Maybe you know more? Thanks
I followed them! They're still going strong and a number of aircraft have been sold and are flying today. Not sure if any made it state side.

Here's their web page http://www.flugwerk.de/html/index.php You can buy one if you have the money and the pilot rating. Not to mention insurance, shipping, customs duties, maintenance, hangaring and spares.

Here's one that was ditched off the coast of France. Not sure what the story was except that it was an engine failure of some sort. Note the laminated wooden blades, just like the real ones! It looks to me that the prop was turning when it went into the drink. Never heard the rest of the story.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #692
BLK141SS

Here's a real Fw-190A5 with a real BMW801. The only one left in the world that's still flying! It's at Paine Field in Everett, Washington.

With Steve Hinton at the controls. That guy has some life! Listen to the sound of the only running BMW801 in the world.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #693
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK141SS View Post
Here's a real Fw-190A5 with a real BMW801. The only one left in the world that's still flying! It's at Paine Field in Everett, Washington.
Can I fly it please? Just once. I'll take good care of it. I swear!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #694
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...waxed-by-f-16/
Old 07-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #695
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
I followed them! They're still going strong and a number of aircraft have been sold and are flying today. Not sure if any made it state side.

Here's their web page http://www.flugwerk.de/html/index.php You can buy one if you have the money and the pilot rating. Not to mention insurance, shipping, customs duties, maintenance, hangaring and spares.]
Wow Thanks. and loved the Video.

Steve Dallas thanks for sharing link.
Quote:
"Even with the limited F-16 target configuration, the F-35A remained at a distinct energy disadvantage for every engagement
Not good.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #696
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I've seen a ton of F-35s over the past few days. Sooooooooooooo loud
Old 07-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #697
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Looks like we are going to head up to the National Museum of the United States Air Force this weekend. Really excited to check it out.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #698
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I suppose it's possible the F35 will dominate in a real world encounter (not just close up dogfighting).

My issue with this is I've heard many pilots I respect talk about what a pig of a plane the F35 has really turned out to be because of all the compromises it needs to make to be an ALL PURPOSE (ie: not really good at anything) airframe.

I've heard discussions about this...that since we aren't building dedicated fighters, dedicated bombers and mission specific craft...that the compromises are going to turn the F35 into a dog, and we could be on the verge of losing ANY kind of air superiority we've had in previous eras now that we are moving into a more modern, stealth based environment.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #699
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I suppose it's possible the F35 will dominate in a real world encounter (not just close up dogfighting).

My issue with this is I've heard many pilots I respect talk about what a pig of a plane the F35 has really turned out to be because of all the compromises it needs to make to be an ALL PURPOSE (ie: not really good at anything) airframe.

I've heard discussions about this...that since we aren't building dedicated fighters, dedicated bombers and mission specific craft...that the compromises are going to turn the F35 into a dog, and we could be on the verge of losing ANY kind of air superiority we've had in previous eras now that we are moving into a more modern, stealth based environment.
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the...igh-1714712248

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #700
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

You hit the nail on the head. I think they are planning/expecting/hoping that dog fighting is a tactic of the past and that air superiority will be achieved by stealth bombers and cruise missiles taking out aircraft on the ground and anything that does get off the ground can be mopped up at long range.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote