Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 08-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Contact Recall Center for Heater Core Failure

Heater cores are starting to leak causing problems for our drivers,, Not only is it expensive to fix it can also be dangerous,, Imagine you driving at a certain speed and you son or wife is on the passenger side and you son is wearing sandals or your wife is wearing heels and she screams in pain and scares the hell out of you and you lose control on the car and crash? Not very safe.. or your driving and the window keeps fogging and you can't see and you crash.. you over heat and break down somewhere and your car won't start and your in the middle of the road and some drunk a- hole hits you... Right now Chevy has issued a recall for out damn key.. because we can hit it with our knee cause the car to turn off and us losing control... sounds like the same thing if you car shut off from over heating and i have never heard of that problem,,, please file a complaint so we can all be assured if ours goes it can be fixed,, I'm starting to smell fluid and i have a 11 ss and it has 37000 miles... contact https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ and fill out the form... lets fix this matter...
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
SleeperG8GT
Genesis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Well the recall for the key in my opinion was a bit of overkill and that was before I traded my G8 and Mustang in for my SS. I would take it to the dealer and see if you can get them to cover it under your bumper to bumper warranty. Your only over by a thousand or so miles. My 2011 SS only has 22k miles but dealer said they would work with me since my bumper to bumper is up in October.
SleeperG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
SleeperG8GT
Genesis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Can you provide your source of this becoming an emerging problem because I cant find anything on it. I do however see a lot of issues with the airbag.
SleeperG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperG8GT View Post
Can you provide your source of this becoming an emerging problem because I cant find anything on it. I do however see a lot of issues with the airbag.
any issues you see we should contact the recall sites,, we all call GM like they will recall it on their own but we have to contact other agencies so they can push the recall. GM will never own up to recalling something that will lose them millions in parts and labor costs..
Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #5
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperG8GT View Post
Well the recall for the key in my opinion was a bit of overkill and that was before I traded my G8 and Mustang in for my SS. I would take it to the dealer and see if you can get them to cover it under your bumper to bumper warranty. Your only over by a thousand or so miles. My 2011 SS only has 22k miles but dealer said they would work with me since my bumper to bumper is up in October.
i just renewed my bumper to bumper.. 3 years or 76000 miles.. I have seen a bunch of articles on the heater core going on the the 2010 - 2012 camaro... If you google it you will see the stories. i googled it because my radiator was empty and i smelled a slight coolant smell inside my car and i starting searching and thats when i found the stories about the cores. One core started pouring on some pour mans wifes feet another core just started leaking even after the dealer did a pressure test and they have to take off the entrée windshield and dash to get to it so the job is going to be costly not to mention the stench of the carpet ...I hear they don't replace the carpet.. ,, Its just something we have to look out for, at least GM can put a bulletin out on it... Like i said if they can recall our keys they should recall this.. I couldn't even find any story about they key they are recalling but thats what my dealer told me...

Last edited by KahunaSS; 08-27-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: made no damn sense
Old 03-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #6
Droptop14

Drives: 2014 2ss convertible
I have the same issue on my 2014 ds convertible. Is the dealer going to hassle me if I take it in?
Droptop14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I think I had maybe 17000 miles on mine when the heater core went out.