Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
JBT
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
pulling abs fuses issues.

My car is a 2010 l99 car.

When I pull both abs fuses, I cannot turn off traction control. And its still on. The button press and/or 7 second hold down process doesn't work.

The only way to turn off tc this way is to remove only the big abs fuse #43, and not the smaller one #40. But by doing so, the brake pedal still pulses hard during a burnout.

How are you guys getting by with pulling both fuses and still able to turn off tc?

Last edited by JBT; 02-14-2015 at 04:14 PM.
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 11,157
I believe that's the fuse and relay I pull to use my line lock at the track. Disables the ABS so traction control is non operational. You should hear an audable warning when you start the car, but it will go away in a few seconds.


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
JBT
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Merc, my car has an auto trans. The issue is that yes, with both fuses pulled, abs is disabled and I can drive around and do everything just fine (including a decent burnout). However, with both fuses pulled I cant for some reason disable tc, which makes the car a puss.
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
2013 ZL1 #7860

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Merc, my car has an auto trans. The issue is that yes, with both fuses pulled, abs is disabled and I can drive around and do everything just fine (including a decent burnout). However, with both fuses pulled I cant for some reason disable tc, which makes the car a puss.
If you are pulling both ABS fuses then how can the traction control still be on?
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #5
JBT
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 ZL1 #7860 View Post
If you are pulling both ABS fuses then how can the traction control still be on?
That's pretty much the same question I'm trying to get an answer to. I believe that traction control is still on with BOTH fuses pulled because the tc disable light doesn't come on, and it runs like it's still on.

Hopefully I'm mistaken. My understanding is that tc is only off when the tc disable light is on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #6
sbc88
 
sbc88's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: crystal lake-huntley
Posts: 51
I run a 2011 ss a6 also pull fuses 40 & 43 and tc is off when I do this at the track.if tc was still on when you did your burnout you would know.
__________________
Tuned by:Ryan / gpi ,intake mod by Ryan / gpi ,slp udp
Vararam cai,vmax ptb,h/c ,kooks 2"headers /hf cats,kooks 3" exh,Dss d/s ,Gforce 1000hp axles,d/s loop,true trac, 3.91 gears,toe rods,trailing rods,end links,sway bars,full bmr bushings,circle d 6c converter,line lock,race star rims,mt Pbr tires , New best 10.89 best 60 1.43 125.31
sbc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
2013 ZL1 #7860

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
That's pretty much the same question I'm trying to get an answer to. I believe that traction control is still on with BOTH fuses pulled because the tc disable light doesn't come on, and it runs like it's still on.

Hopefully I'm mistaken. My understanding is that tc is only off when the tc disable light is on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
On my 2013 ZL1 when I pull the fuses TC is disabled.

I honestly have no idea why yours wouldn't as well.

Seems to me something should not be on if it has no power!

Post a pic of what fuses you are pulling...

Last edited by 2013 ZL1 #7860; 02-18-2015 at 07:51 PM.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #8
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Merc, my car has an auto trans. The issue is that yes, with both fuses pulled, abs is disabled and I can drive around and do everything just fine (including a decent burnout). However, with both fuses pulled I cant for some reason disable tc, which makes the car a puss.

TC has to be disabled when ABS fuse's are pulled, that's what makes TC work.


__________________

Last edited by Merc; 02-15-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
JBT
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
TC has to be disabled when ABS fuse's are pulled, that's what makes TC work.


Merc,

I see your point, yet I don't think that's entirely correct. While pulling fuse #40 and #43 may limit the stabilitrak side of the nannies since it works through the abs equipment, it doesn't seem to limit the traction control side which limits throttle. In my case, when fuse #40 (25amp mini fuse) is out the throttle-brake override safety feature still works. That confirms for me that the nannies (at least traction control) are still active. Because the way I understand it is that the override feature won't work when the nannies are turned off.

So there's something about when fuse #40 is pulled it won't let me turn the nannies off. For fuse #43 (big 40amp glass covered fuse), it doesn't matter if it's in or out, as long as #40 is out the nannies are still on and I can't turn them off. And the only lights that shine in my cluster is the BRAKE, ABS, and Stabilitrak malfunction indicator. However, if ONLY the big fuse #43 is out, then all the nannies are off, and all the lights shine in the cluster including the tc and stabilitrak disable lights. But the problem with that is that the brake pedal still pulses bad when doing a burnout, etc.

Perhaps this is all resultant of the throttle-brake override feature. Something I didn't realize I had. If the override feature is f'ing things up here, then I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just not sure if that's all that is changed when the override feature is programmed in. Perhaps it has multiple levels of safety in the event that the abs stuff loses power. For instance, if something happens to abs power (fuse #40), will it keep the nannies on so that the override feature will work?

All I know is, if fuse #40 is out, then this car is slow as molasses .
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
2013 ZL1 #7860

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Merc,

I see your point, yet I don't think that's entirely correct. While pulling fuse #40 and #43 may limit the stabilitrak side of the nannies since it works through the abs equipment, it doesn't seem to limit the traction control side which limits throttle. In my case, when fuse #40 (25amp mini fuse) is out the throttle-brake override safety feature still works. That confirms for me that the nannies (at least traction control) are still active. Because the way I understand it is that the override feature won't work when the nannies are turned off.

So there's something about when fuse #40 is pulled it won't let me turn the nannies off. For fuse #43 (big 40amp glass covered fuse), it doesn't matter if it's in or out, as long as #40 is out the nannies are still on and I can't turn them off. And the only lights that shine in my cluster is the BRAKE, ABS, and Stabilitrak malfunction indicator. However, if ONLY the big fuse #43 is out, then all the nannies are off, and all the lights shine in the cluster including the tc and stabilitrak disable lights. But the problem with that is that the brake pedal still pulses bad when doing a burnout, etc.

Perhaps this is all resultant of the throttle-brake override feature. Something I didn't realize I had. If the override feature is f'ing things up here, then I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just not sure if that's all that is changed when the override feature is programmed in. Perhaps it has multiple levels of safety in the event that the abs stuff loses power. For instance, if something happens to abs power (fuse #40), will it keep the nannies on so that the override feature will work?

All I know is, if fuse #40 is out, then this car is slow as molasses .
What model, transmission and year Camaro? What tires do you have?

What you are describing I have yet to hear from anyone.
So far, ABS fuse pull x2 kills TC completely...

Are you pulling them with the car on? (I pull them with the car off)

When mine are pulled, the TC button does nothing when pushed or held down, you get dash lights on all the time and warnings on the DIC upon start-up, the suspension reverts to Touring (ZL1) and the power steering (electric ZL1) is heavier. The car will not act to save a slide/spin/loss of traction or cut power that I am aware of. This is nearly the perfect setup for drag racing with DR's IMO.

However, with the Auto the computer limits torque output when brake torquing to a very low amount making a burnout still difficult. (This is different then Traction Control). My Line Lock fixed this and the car can sit for days doing what it does in my Avatar pic...

Hope that helps...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #11
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,112
OP pulling the right fuses?
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #12
JantzenOKC


 
JantzenOKC's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,073
I know I have a V6 Auto but it might be something with his tune if he's tuned. When I was stock I could power brake and rev the engine with my foot hard on the brake with the nannies off. Now after being tuned with hptuners after the turbos I can't power brake it anymore, even with tc button held down for 8 seconds and all nannies off. Apparently it has to do with the throttle tables and torque management tables. Seems GM is using some predictive load or something I cant remember but a tuner might know. I want to get it sorted out but I might have to get a dyno tune where someone can have the car in front of them. I remember Matt@fsp saying 2012 and up were this way even the SS's.

edit: op changed his first post and has a 10 so nevermind.
__________________
3.6L Twin Turbo V6
Garrett GT28 turbos -- Jacfab forged connecting rods -- Diamond forged pistons(10.5:1) -- Alky Control Methonal Injection -- CircleD 2E triple disc torque converter -- BMR suspension
10.75 @ 131mph

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 02-19-2015 at 08:17 PM.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #13
JBT
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
John,

The only fuses that I've pulled are fuse #40 (25amp mini fuse) and fuse #43 (40amp big glass covered fuse).

Btw, car is a 2010 SS/RS L99 deal.
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #14
2013 ZL1 #7860

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
John,

The only fuses that I've pulled are fuse #40 (25amp mini fuse) and fuse #43 (40amp big glass covered fuse).

Btw, car is a 2010 SS/RS L99 deal.
Try pulling the fuses AND get a line lock. This will overcome the brake torque limit as discussed above with autos and should solve your problem. (Hopefully)
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.