Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #253
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
are you making the second version of your kit have an outer trim to make the screen blend in better? that way we can keep the stock controls on the car instead of those buttons the metra kit has
Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #254
Hess RS
Account Suspended

Drives: 91 Camaro RS
the new kit looks just like the old kit, with better electronics, i dont know what you mean by blend.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #255
Hess RS
Account Suspended

this is what the new kit will look like. this is the one that went to SEMA for GM. Only thing I hadnt put on were the hatch marks for the temp.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 AM   #256
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
i was talking about how the screen was popping out in the first pictures, looks like this would fix it so nvm

looking forward to this and my camaro
Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #257
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I like this one better than Metras. I like the stock look/feel of the controls, but I also have a 2SS fully loaded, and definitely want to keep all the OnStar (turn -by-turn directions), Bluetooth, heated seats, XM/PDIM, etc. functions. Losing any functions would be a no go. I'm not one to lose some functions to gain others. But I'm sure evreyone will weight that differently.

Still, loving this better than Metra.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #258
reedikyaluss

Drives: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace34 View Post
rims are terrible and i dont like the airbags
I can't stand people that are only negative.

This guy dedicated weeks of his time into this car to come up with a custom solution for everyone... and all you can make is negative remarks about the car?

Wow.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #259
Hess RS
Account Suspended

Ok just to clarify for the millionth time, the first one I did the radio was NOT popping out. Ive explained this before. the left side of the clarion head unit sticks out 1/4" further then the rest of the radio, because the buttons are over there. the radio itself is square in the hole. I had a pic of the clarion on here I dont know if its still here. The new dash is exactly the same, just retains the 2 body lines of the stock piece.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #260
Hess RS
Account Suspended

For HRPIII, if you replace the radio with a double din, why would you want to retain STOCK XM, PDIM, onstar nav, ect? They will still work, as in not being REMOVED from the car, but trying to get all theese stock pieces to work with an aftermarket radio would be almost pointless. The only thing I see being useful is steering wheel controls, which are easily integrated into my kit. The heated seats are retained as well. And hopefully any new unit you would get would have bluetooth built in (with caller ID that actually works rather then GM's that just displays the #)

I think that answered all your questions.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #261
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
looks good so far bro. how bout the lighting for the hatch marks? still a no go?
and when all these people are saying it doesnt retain all the stock controls... im confused? isnt that the whole point of YOUR kit is that it DOES retain all the stock controls?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #262
reedikyaluss

Drives: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlaudio View Post
For HRPIII, if you replace the radio with a double din, why would you want to retain STOCK XM, PDIM, onstar nav, ect? They will still work, as in not being REMOVED from the car, but trying to get all theese stock pieces to work with an aftermarket radio would be almost pointless. The only thing I see being useful is steering wheel controls, which are easily integrated into my kit. The heated seats are retained as well. And hopefully any new unit you would get would have bluetooth built in (with caller ID that actually works rather then GM's that just displays the #)

Agreed... if you are buying this kit, then you are buying it with the intent of purchasing your own aftermarket Navigation system from Pioneer, Clarion, Eclipse etc etc.

All of these Navigation systems have their own XM/Sirius radio capabilties, as well as bluetooth. The bluetooth in these navigations are FAR more advanced than the stock radio.. such as importing your contact list, and displaying full name and everything on the double din display.

Double din navigation >>>> ONstar.

All day, everyday.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #263
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlaudio View Post

very true with the bluetooth thing. im curious will the bluetooth for an after market tv be able to link through the stock system that way there isnt a need for an external microphone or anything??
Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #264
Hess RS
Account Suspended

if the new unit has a wired mic, we can tap into the stock one. most of the new units have a mic built in, and it will go through the speakers just like stock. the onstar goes through the center speaker.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #265
Hess RS
Account Suspended

the lights for the hatch marks are still a no-go. thats pretty much the only function you will lose.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #266
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
thanks guys. I wasn't exactly clear in my question (or what I was trying to ask), but you did answer my concerns. Appreciate it.

Closed Thread

Tags
double din radio custom