Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #29
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
I got hit three times in 2008. All three times while stopped at the red light. All three times were women drivers. As far as that goes, I've been hit more than 10 times in the last 30 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE was a woman driver, no exceptions.
I've been driving 32 years and never hit any one or any thing. Good Gawd...what's wrong with people???
Attached Images

Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
IAINIDIRIEIWI
Automobile Rookie

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS Stock Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I got hit three times in 2008. All three times while stopped at the red light. All three times were women drivers. As far as that goes, I've been hit more than 10 times in the last 30 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE was a woman driver, no exceptions.
I've been driving 32 years and never hit any one or any thing. Good Gawd...what's wrong with people???
Yeah haha...and as soon as I got hit I look in my rear view mirror and she has her forehead on the steering wheel crying her eyes out...Shouldn't have been on the phone or doing make-up or whatever the hell she was doing.
IAINIDIRIEIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you're ok... Got rear-ended by a distracted driver 2 years ago and my back is still bothering me
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
builder11150

Drives: 1987 Trans Am
They should implement something on phones that make them inoperable at over 10mph. It think it would decrease the amount of accidents tremendously .
builder11150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #33
IAINIDIRIEIWI
Automobile Rookie

Does anybody know how much value my car has lost after this? The bumper is going to be replaced completely along with the rear diffuser, and its going to be professionally installed at the dealership. Would this diminish the value of my car more than 1K?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #34
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAINIDIRIEIWI View Post
I was stopped at a red light, and about 30 seconds later, BAM! Some 20 year old female in a toyota tacoma slammed right into my rear... Completely her fault, so I don't have to pay a single penny, but still! I have to wait 2 weeks or more to get it fixed now, so I'm driving around with a half camaro

I am 100% sure she was either texting or do something else of the matter, because there is no way she didn't have enough time to react in those 30 seconds to realize I'm NOT MOVING.

Oh well, to look on the bright side of things, I had a little ding in my bottom left rear of the fender, so now that I'm getting a new one for free....
Sorry 'bout your Camaro... people make me

Quote:
I GET THAT A LOT!!! I mean, I stop, then are literally a few inches behind me, then I scoot up a little bit, and then they get even closer! What the hell is wrong with society these days. It's like they want to piss off everyone who has a nicer car than them.

As for those people... I used to hate them, couldn't stand that all i could see out my rearview mirror was their windshield. But I've changed my tune, because those people are at least paying attention to the car in front of them... not looking down, not texting, or not out to oblivion, because they are so deep in conversation on their blue tooth. It is those people that make me ! The ones that think driving is a chore that i can do while I put on my makeup, or eat a bowl of cereal! They make me and shouldn't be on the road (or breathing), in my opinion!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #35
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
I was stopped at a red light, and about 30 seconds later, BAM! Some 20 year old female in a toyota tacoma slammed right into my rear... Completely her fault, so I don't have to pay a single penny, but still! I have to wait 2 weeks or more to get it fixed now, so I'm driving around with a half camaro

I am 100% sure she was either texting or do something else of the matter, because there is no way she didn't have enough time to react in those 30 seconds to realize I'm NOT MOVING.

Oh well, to look on the bright side of things, I had a little ding in my bottom left rear of the fender, so now that I'm getting a new one for free....

You should have said you had a neck injury so you could sue her. Otherwise she will be texting again tommorow
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #36
IAINIDIRIEIWI
Automobile Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
You should have said you had a neck injury so you could sue her. Otherwise she will be texting again tommorow
She was crying like there was no tomorrow...I think she learned her lesson, or else
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #37
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Crashes suck
Witwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Lemme tell ya...the moment I got hit, you can't imagine how I was feeling.
Actually, I can.... Ladybug was rear-ended with only 800 miles on her (2 years ago now). Then, sideswiped hit and run in a parking lot. I feel your pain. But, it can be fixed - most people wouldn't know she'd been hit twice just by looking at Ladybug! Good luck with your repairs and insurance hassles...
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
jonm38

Drives: 2016 Siliverado LT. Camaro SS
Depending on the damage on the inside of your Camaro's rear end, the back body will have to be replaced.
I had a Old's 442 hit me during a parade and did $1500.00 of damage, but his 442 took months to rebuild the front. The 442 front was bend up.

The rear body plastic clips may have been broken. I have had mine replaced last Dec. 2010.

Quote:

USN - 1990 - 1994

2010 Camaro 2SS Red Jewel
jonm38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #40
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Pics or it didnt happen..........
Old 08-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #41
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Does anybody know how much value my car has lost after this?
As soon as it's repaired (and reported) you can count on a depreciation hit...even on a dealer trade. They'll depreciate it because it's harder to resell. Man, I hate to say that because nobody deserves it...but that's the way it is.
Some people won't touch a wrecked/repaired car. Hate to admit it, but I'm one of them.
Make sure you get reduced value on the insurance claim. Then get your camaro fixed and enjoy the hell out of it. Properly repaired, it'll be as good as new.
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #42
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor626 View Post
I've learned*
You know you can edit your post to fix spelling errors instead of making multiple posts to fix them.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, OP. This is where you complain about back and neck injuries and sue. lol