Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Silent_Edge

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro
Don't want DRL on at same time as headlights

EDIT: Oddly enough, the thing sorted itself out. Must have been something that was 'stuck' and now, it's working again.

So, I tried to do a search on this but most of the threads I've seen wanted exactly what I don't want, which is the DRLs on at the same time as the headlights. A couple of things to get out of way:

It's a 2010 2LT, which went through the Non-RS > RS headlight conversion with a PnP harness, along with RS headlights, so essentially the whole fog light becomes the DRL business. I went with the Halos on w/Headlights, not the one where it's always on.

So, early in the morning I noticed my DRLs were on with my headlights. Went inside the car, turned the knob from auto to off, then back on again. Still showed both. Turned it right once, went outside to check and the DRLs went off and the headlight halos went on (okay, that's fine). But when I turned it right once more to the end where the headlights should have gone on, and the DRLs should have been off, they were on. Normally, I'd use this setting and hit the 'fog light' button to turn on the DRLs, should I want to use the 4-light combo.

I'm not sure what may be causing this, as I've had some friends suggest maybe there's a fog light fuse issue, or something to do with relays (something I'm not completely well-versed in at all)--just curious if anyone else has run into this issue who went through the same conversion, what they've done or examined. I don't want to look into getting a new harness until I've exhausted less expensive options if there's a better solution.

Last edited by Silent_Edge; 12-15-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Silent_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote