Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #71
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
First of all let me take full responsibility for this. I'm not a malicious person and it's my job to find interesting things on the internet and post them places. Had I know you were a member of C5 I would have asked for your permission first - but it was just a photo someone sent me from the internet. Glad you are ok man, for everyone else I really don't think this should be an epic battle. I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings or making light of a heavy situation. I was just trying to make people laugh.

-Kerry @ Pfadt
Old 02-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #72
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
^ your friend iron man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
What if the meme said "GOT SNOW TIRES" ?
...not making fun of anybody just so happen to be a Camaro .
What the hell do you not get?

Having an accident is no joke I am sure you get that. Having someone anyone rub it in your face is not fun.

Stop turning this into something it is not.

How about McDonald's starts a MEME campaign. First add is of a obese woman ordering at their establishment. Would that be funny, sure is... Would that be good business probably not. Would the person in the photo feel bad, sure would. How about her kids, perhaps her husband.

I don't expect you to get it.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yah, know this is pointless. If you don't get it then follow the rest.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #73
DieselAries1

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post

Having an accident is no joke I am sure you get that. Having someone anyone rub it in your face is not fun.

How about McDonald's starts a MEME campaign. First add is of a obese woman ordering at their establishment. Would that be funny, sure is... Would that be good business probably not. Would the person in the photo feel bad, sure would. How about her kids, perhaps her husband.

You sir are going to give yourself a heart attack lol!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #74
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
First of all let me take full responsibility for this. I'm not a malicious person and it's my job to find interesting things on the internet and post them places. Had I know you were a member of C5 I would have asked for your permission first - but it was just a photo someone sent me from the internet. Glad you are ok man, for everyone else I really don't think this should be an epic battle. I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings or making light of a heavy situation. I was just trying to make people laugh.

-Kerry @ Pfadt
And you did, Kerry. It's practically impossible to post a picture that won't offend someone, somewhere, somehow. That's the super-sensitive thin-skinned world we live in today. This, I'm sure, was meant to poke fun at the situation and not the at driver of the car. I believe it was obvious to EVERYONE here that the photo was NOT showing an attempt to parallel park but rather, an unfortunate winter weather mishap. It happens a lot and (when no injuries occur) actually ends up being a situation to look back on and laugh.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #75
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post

So you agree it would be funny.

I get it - you don't.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #76
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Most of us can, and have, laughed at ourselves. Lord knows I have on here. haha

Some people are just super soft about this type of thing. I guess that only a few would make a big deal about it. And even fewer think any less of Pfadt. Like he said, they just want to participate in the community and be lighthearted.

It's not like they took the Pic themselves and posted it. Then it might be questionable but I'd bet they found the pic on the net. This is a Camaro community so it's relevant. Most of us have posted pics and had some fun with them. I do not remember ANYONE getting bent out of shape at that white Camaro wrapped around a pole 4 years ago or so. And others between.

This happened to be a member who did not know about the picture. I get the sensitivity. Nothing wrong with that but nothing heinous about the posting either.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #77
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
This is the age we live in. Almost anything we do can end up somewhere on the internet and potentially go viral. It's a little scary actually. If I had to ever call 911, I'd probably say very little and hang up. Anytime something dramatic happens on a 911 call, they end up playing the recording on the news, over and over. Everything ends up in the public domain.

I feel for the guy who owns the car. If I had a nasty accident like that, I'd be sick enough about it to begin with. I think it would be pretty shocking to me to then see it posted on this forum to get a laugh.

I can see both sides. Obviously the OP didn't intend to make the owner's day even worse. But too often it's easy to forget that there's a real person behind photos like these.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #78
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I wish I could have gotten a picture of my Firebird Formula that I put up a tree. (yes I said UP a tree).
Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #79
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I wish I could have gotten a picture of my Firebird Formula that I put up a tree. (yes I said UP a tree).
Didn't those have a big winged bird on the hood? Perhaps it was just wanting to roost for the night.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #80
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I come on here to learn what I can, enjoy a joke and share a joke when I can and share what I know when I can. I have noticed that in order to do so requires careful language construction in order to not ruffle feathers. In todays world of correctness, where every member of the youth sports team that did not score the majority of points (losers) gets a trophy so they will not get their feelings hurt, it has become harder for some folks to take disappointments. No one here has any animosity towards the poor soul whose car went into the ditch, for to do so would require them to know each other.
I think no disrespect was intended and less correctness would be nice.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #81
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Mines 2 but a pole. Came crashing down onto the car exploding the back window and breaking an electric box in half. My car wouldnt even start back up. Scary.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #82
sberk1012

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
alternate thread title: how to perpendicular park
Old 02-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #83
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberk1012 View Post
alternate thread title: how to perpendicular park
Or "vertical" park.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #84
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
this thread is funny.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, parallel, park, snow