Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
MickGIS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black,White Stripes
Send a message via Skype™ to MickGIS
Denver Area Tune

After I install the long tube headers and throttle body (see thread Denver Area Auto Repair Bay/Lift Rental) I am thinking a tune is in order.

Who can do a good tune on a 2010 Camaro 2SS in the Denver area?
MickGIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well if you are doing your work in Westminster, with those mods you check with Clint at American Intense Racing in Arvada. Other options most of the local club members use are RMCR in Colorado Springs, or if you are on the north side then Calvin.
Be sure to check out CCOTR for more suggestions.
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
MickGIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
Well if you are doing your work in Westminster, with those mods you check with Clint at American Intense Racing in Arvada. Other options most of the local club members use are RMCR in Colorado Springs, or if you are on the north side then Calvin.
Be sure to check out CCOTR for more suggestions.
Thanks for the info about Clint at American Intense Racing. The reason I said Westminster is that was the only place I found which rented bays with lifts, so I am willing to drive in Colorado to where the tuner is.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
MickGIS

I sent emails on November 1st to the following tuners, as of 11/4/14:

The Boost Creep Ltd.........$495 by email response

RMCR Performance..........$575 by email response

Finish Line Dyno..............$500 to $600 (uses HP Tuners) by phone call

Dyno-Pro........................No Response

American Intense Racing...No Response

Seems pricey is this normal? Disappointed the other two tuners did not even bother to respond.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
MickGIS

So I made an appointment with Finish Line Automotive Performance they are less then 2 miles from the DIY shop where I will be installing the headers. This tune shop says they use HP tuners and I will get a chip too. I am a neophyte and I am not sure what that means.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
MickGIS

Going with American Intense Racing for the dyno tune for $475. I'll let you know how it turns (tunes) out.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
MickGIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGIS View Post
At the tuners today they did a few runs on the dyno then checked the sensor readings from my car and said that the sensor readings were pretty optimal and that they probably could not get much more out of this engine. So the final results were 404.66 WHP / 404.26 RWTQ, not bad for just bolt ons with no tune needed.
Upon reflection I realize just how sour an experience it was with Dyno-Pro and AIR (American Intense Racing) both in Arvada, CO.
Clint at AIR seemed to be very accommodating two weeks ago when I went double my time while installing the headers and had to reschedule our tune appointment (that Tuesday the 11th it was also the middle of a snow storm). We rescheduled for Tuesday the 25th. It turns out AIR and Dyno-Pro are right next door to one another and AIR uses Dyno-Pro's equipment. I showed up a few minutes early and the Dyno-Pro tech thought I was bringing a Porsche. They hooked the Camaro to their dyno and pulled a few times. The Dyno-Pro tech said they were having problems with their equipment and the first run was the only good one. The Porsche showed up on a trailer and the Dyno-Pro guy said they could not get any more HP out of this engine so a custom tune was unnecessary. He printed out the run and agreed he would email me the dyno data. Still no data but it's only been a few days but I did send them an email reminder.

Looking back it seems he wanted to get working on the Porsche. All the time on the dyno neither Clint nor anyone from AIR ever made an appearance.
So from this encounter I would not recommend either AIR (American Intense Racing) nor Dyno-Pro both on Gray St in Arvada, CO.

Last edited by MickGIS; 11-29-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
Thanks for the update. I'll be getting headers and a tune at some point and this will help me know who to avoid. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with anyone in the area. I hope you find someone that you like for the next time. I am sure there is more power to be had if they just try. I've heard good things about RMCR in Colorado Springs and WyoSpeed in Laramie. Neither are particularly close to you, I'm afraid. Good luck and thank you for continuing to keep us posted.

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
riki3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
Rat

Drives: ZL1/TBSS/COPO
I have a shop in the metro area to recommend if you would like one.

He is the only guy in Colorado that has touched the COPO's tune other then me and my crew chief. Drop me a pm if you want his info. He will take good care of you.
.....2012/14 COPO #33....427, 1.31 60' ....9.39@143......
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote