Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-25-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Costco Autosave Program

My wife and I recently became members of Costco.

We were told you can get discounts on new vehicles thru Costco.

Has anyone here ever went through their Costco membership to buy a vehicle?

How much money did you save and was it worth it?
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I see Ford offering 1K off for Costco members all the time.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
direwolf19

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 2000 Camaro SS
There's no harm in trying it as it's free and no obligation. I used it about a couple months ago when I was looking for a 2016 Tacoma after I couldn't get any dealer to even budge off of sticker. (So Cal and 4x4s! :/ ) Costco price was about $400 less, which isn't much, but it was better than I was doing.

I believe AAA has a similar program as well as some credit unions.
direwolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Supposedly GM gives supplier pricing to Costco members then subtracts the additional incentives you are owed. Could be worth looking into.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #5
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I buy all my vehicles through the Costco auto program. They have already negotiated the price which is usually dealer invoice plus so many dollars based on the vehicle you want to buy. Some vehicles are not included in their program though. Last time I checked Corvettes were not included.
What I like is there is no negotiations involved. I even used Costco when I factory ordered my Camaro.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
Eleven
Out-Shocker/In-Minivan!

Drives: 1LE
Back during their winter sale. I got a CTS for supplier price and add ons, like lease loyalty.

Then 2 weeks later i leased a GMC Acadia, Got supplier price plus $6125 exea off deal... I ran to take it. Has a 15k/year 39 month rate with residual at 54% iirc.

Looked good. All the calculators said we did better than we should have.

Happy with the purchases. Could not have gotten this deal without costco auto program.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I tried to use the Costco program for getting my 2SS. What a mess. The price was decent. They quoted me about 1k off the sticker of my "configured" 2SS. But that's where the fun stopped.

They pointed me to a dealer about a half hour away. This dealer was supposed to be pretty good too from what I've heard from people and reviews, but they treated my Costco inquiry like a joke. I got a email from Costco and the dealer about 15 minutes after submitting the request. Costsco's was on point, the dealer sent out a plain boiler plate email asking for more info. I replied instantly giving more specifics and color options. Sent a follow up email, called....then 3 days later i heard back from the dealer which basically ignored ALL my info and calls and said....do you want a 8AT, yellow, 1SS?

So I can't say much about the program overall. I heard good things about it and it can can save about $1000 on average. ...But it seems dealers are the weakest link. Some dealers treat program seriously but some see it as an annoyance. I ended up walking away, went to another dealer using Truecar.
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #8
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I was happy using the program even just to get a sense for what a "good deal" would be. As others have posted, you're under no obligation to take the deal or try to negotiate a better deal.

One thing I want to note is that Costco will provide you with a one-time-use coupon for accessories from your dealership for 50% off up to $200! I used it for my front splitter ($200 off the price of the Splitter installed so I paid about $330). Hell just for that coupon it is worth the couple minutes to do the Costco program.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote