Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #309
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Pete where is that post where you outlined all the "good" reasons for a repeat. It was very informative.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #310
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Houston, Chicago, NYC

La, Houston, Chicago, NYC

Seattle, Miami, LA, Houston, Chicago, NYC, Ohio, Philadelphia

With all four corners of the USA, with all the major population centers INDY is centrally located. There are other tracks a bit west and or south that either did not have appropriate dates available, or suitable host hotel or great AC area but fair drag strip or great drag strip and AC but hotels too far away...

The track and hotel at INDY wanted the C5 community back. They saved the dates while the Moderators looked around. Every geographic group's interests were considered. In the end, getting to a pint where track and date selection is more than a year out is where C5FEST needs to be. It is the only way C5 will be able to get the most desirable dates and tracks.

Stay with the Moderators on this. They don't do C5 FEST for money. They do C5 FEST for the C5 community. Doug, Robert and Mike are all Texans. Do you really think they don't want the FEST in TEXAS? Jarrod and G want the FEST in California so badly so we can experience a SoCal FEST. They get it.

A little support might be in order for ALL the Moderators

FYI: I live in Texas and want a Texas C5FEST.

Last edited by JusticePete; 11-28-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: FYI: I live in Texas and want a Texas C5FEST.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #311
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
So has it been decided yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #312
JusticePete

Look up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Pete where is that post where you outlined all the "good" reasons for a repeat. It was very informative.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #313
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
PEOPLE it's not a big deal! Relax. I'm sure you will be able to make one at some point. I don't think missing this is a big deal. It's not the end of the world to miss these.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #314
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Those pics are nice, but after you factor in the Rockies, that M needs to move West. I'm yet to drive through the mountains, but I can't imagine it would make things easier.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #315
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
PEOPLE it's not a big deal! Relax. I'm sure you will be able to make one at some point. I don't think missing this is a big deal. It's not the end of the world to miss these.
That's true....Camaro 5 is not the only ones who can put on a great event. Some of the rest of us are very capable of putting together awesome events too. If some of the people who are complaining so loudly would get out of their heads that this is the be all end all of Camaro events, then they might take a visit somewhere else. Just because it's not labeled "Camaro Fest" doesn't mean it's not awesome.

I was at the first Camaro Fest, and was booked and ready for Indy last year when our two sons came home from Afghanistan the same weekend.

It is a great event, but nothing will ever surpass the very first one--I dont' care how big they get. There was just something special about being able to attend the very first one.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #316
Darth V8R
I'm on a horse

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
I think a massive west coast cruise up the PCH at the beginning of August just got very attractive looking...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #317
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth V8R View Post
I think a massive west coast cruise up the PCH at the beginning of August just got very attractive looking...
That would be freaking awesome! I think everyone on the West Coast would be down for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
So Cal no go...
total FAIL! We have a ton of members just in California and Trexas alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Call me crazy but of those 70k members, prolly about 10k are "active" and of those I'd challenge the "majority" reside in California, Texas, and Florida.

The geographically furthest places from Indy in the CONUS.

To add further insult to injury, I can vividly account for those who went to C5F1 & 2 who still talk about it to this day.

Not so much so with last years ordeal....

Just interested as to how, of all places, it ends up in the exact same spot as last year.

If I honestly thought that there would be a majority of Camaro folks rollin up to Indy this year, we'd ride out and represent.

Just disappointed in the decision....like the majority will be when they see this tomorrow morning.
Same here, CFII was amazing, and it still comes up from time to time. At least make the location more in the middle of the US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Easy for you to say. You're what, 5 hour s from Indy?
Even if people come from West Coast or Texas, the more than likely won't be bringing their cars...takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
My point exactly.
They just dont get it......i personally think its about money too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
Blah blah easy for you to say. Either way it's in the SAME place as last year. I'm sure if they had it in Texas or Vegas two years in row the tables would be turned and all you " it's no big deal" folks would be ranting as much us excluded people.
+1

Pretty obvious that I won't be going to CamaroFest this year. I met a lot of great people at CFII that I was hoping to reconnect with on CFIII. It was announced and then I was looking to CFIV, well out the window that goes! I did a couple major events and rallys last year and had a blast! Guess I'll be doing them again this year.

I'm not much of an drag guy(sorry, but the better you get, the less time you get on the track!) and AutoX is so-so. You guys need to include the road racing people too and not all high horsepower cars are drag racers.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the Camaro WestFest for 2013!

Seems like more and more groups are starting to hold their own yearly CamaroFests. California has been doing in the last 2 years, and I know Texas is always doing something. It's only a matter of time before Florida puts a big event together. I'm predicting the attendance numbers to be less than they were last year....disappointing to say the least.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #318
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Can't wait, had a blast working with Pete and Rob at the auto cross last year and will be doing the same this year. The "Camaro Cross" is going to be back and even better than before. See you there!
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #319
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
They just dont get it......i personally think its about money too...
How is the FEST location determined by money?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #320
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I see a lot of this in this thread....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #321
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
How is the FEST location determined by money?
I doubt any prices are going to go down from last year. Someone mentioned that it would be easier to secure pricing and to work with businesses in the area, someone will get a price cut, but i highly doubt its going to be any attending members....

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #322
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
With all four corners of the USA, with all the major population centers INDY is centrally located. There are other tracks a bit west and or south that either did not have appropriate dates available, or suitable host hotel or great AC area but fair drag strip or great drag strip and AC but hotels too far away...

The track and hotel at INDY wanted the C5 community back. They saved the dates while the Moderators looked around. Every geographic group's interests were considered. In the end, getting to a pint where track and date selection is more than a year out is where C5FEST needs to be. It is the only way C5 will be able to get the most desirable dates and tracks.

Stay with the Moderators on this. They don't do C5 FEST for money. They do C5 FEST for the C5 community. Doug, Robert and Mike are all Texans. Do you really think they don't want the FEST in TEXAS? Jarrod and G want the FEST in California so badly so we can experience a SoCal FEST. They get it.

A little support might be in order for ALL the Moderators

FYI: I live in Texas and want a Texas C5FEST.
Thank you Pete! Always the voice of reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I see a lot of this in this thread....

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote