Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #85
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 17 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
I got frustrated with my service tech yesterday. The techs couldn't get it to duplicate the issue so they couldn't fix it. GRRR
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #86
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Unless something has changed, the Camaro doesn't put out enough power though the USB port to power it. It was tried last year before it was realized that the song limit was actually 2,500 songs.
Anyone consider an externally powered usb hub and adapt it to 12v? It should still connect the same.
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #87
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I've called the dealer and asked them to see if they can locate the TSB. They have not called back, which means to me that they can't. If anyone can put their fingers on this TSB and post up the info it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

-Dave
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #88
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post
I've called the dealer and asked them to see if they can locate the TSB. They have not called back, which means to me that they can't. If anyone can put their fingers on this TSB and post up the info it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

-Dave
we are all waiting on the TSB... don't think it has been released yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I got frustrated with my service tech yesterday. The techs couldn't get it to duplicate the issue so they couldn't fix it. GRRR
what problems are you having? i may be able to help you duplicate them...
Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #89
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I had to show them myself. Dont count on them to find it for you. When you have the problem, take it in and show them, or put them in the car and do whatever it is you do before the problem starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post

Thanks!!!!!

-Dave
Working on it, will be contacting someone for an update after SEMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
we are all waiting on the TSB... don't think it has been released yet

what problems are you having? i may be able to help you duplicate them...
Yup. Will let everyone know once i hear back. Tons of people have experienced multiple problems so let us know(Candie) and maybe we can help.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #90
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Good Lord. I thought I was the only one with an issue with the PDIM.

Mine cuts out after an hour of playing my Zune. Says doesn't recognize device and have to disconnect and reconnect the device to restart it. And it still won't list all the songs on my device which are less than 5000.

Always have to index the device over and over, and doesn't allow Playlists. Sorry IPOD folks, but there are other folks inthis world who haven't imbibed the KoolAid for Ipods.

I like my Zune just fine thank you. If you don't like... Oh Well!

This has been a long time frustration with my car. Just never paid much attention to it and I should know better.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #91
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Good Lord. I thought I was the only one with an issue with the PDIM.

Mine cuts out after an hour of playing my Zune. Says doesn't recognize device and have to disconnect and reconnect the device to restart it. And it still won't list all the songs on my device which are less than 5000.

Always have to index the device over and over, and doesn't allow Playlists. Sorry IPOD folks, but there are other folks inthis world who haven't imbibed the KoolAid for Ipods.

This has been a long time frustration with my car. Just never paid much attention to it and I should know better.
Have an 80GB Zune and ran into the same damn problem when plugged in to the USB port. Worked fine using the Aux port tho.

I had a 4GB Zune before the 80GB that had no issues, but dropped it. I sent it in under warranty and they gave me the 80 as a replacement. The 80GB would not work properly so I got a friend to lend me her 8 GB Zune and it worker perfectly... no problems. Playlists worked flawlessly. I ordered a refurbished 8GB off Ebay for $70 that has been working perfectly for the last 3 days that I have had it. Indexes once after a Sync. Took about 30 secs with over 2500 mp3s.

So now I have two Zunes. The 8GB will stay in the Camaro and I have upload my entire library on my 80GB for use in my Vette and Tahoe via AUX port or Zune Car adaptor. My Cadillac works perfectly with everything from Flashdrive to Zune, to it's own Hard Drive
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #92
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
^ There's your problem right there, you bought a zune! That's kind of like buying the old Cologne-engine Mustangs...

Isn't that one of those Micro$oft devices that "Plays for sure!"?!

Yanno, You need to get some help in learning how to be nice to people.
Dare I say what I really think here.

I didn't ask for your snotty little remark Mr. Lbertyforall!.

All I expect is that my MP3 player work as described.

As such, sorry you can't accept or respect other folk and their choices for music players. I haven't by choice bought into the Apple monolith.

Last edited by greenrail; 11-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #93
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
^ There's your problem right there, you bought a zune! That's kind of like buying the old Cologne-engine Mustangs...

you mean his problem is that he's using a device that GM says will work properly in his Owner's Manual?

GM shot itself in the foot on this one.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #94
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
you mean his problem is that he's using a device that GM says will work properly in his Owner's Manual?

GM shot itself in the foot on this one.

Geez, I guess I shouldn't expect so much.

I have taken many of the early teething problems in stride. So when I have an issue of concern, it takes a lot for me to post something like this.

With a silly response like that, I once again realize why I keep quiet a lot of times.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #95
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Geez, I guess I shouldn't expect so much.

I have taken many of the early teething problems in stride. So when I have an issue of concern, it takes a lot for me to post something like this.

With a silly response like that, I once again realize why I keep quiet a lot of times.
You should expect your car to work the way www.chevrolet.com/Camaro , any GM published paperwork on your car describes, and the way your Owner's Manual says it's supposed to work.

You should go down to the dealer and DEMAND a fix for this Zune problem. I'm having USB Flash Drive problems. It takes me about 10 minutes to index less than 2,000 mp3's... when I select "Random/Shuffle" - it chooses several folders, and plays files in alphabetical order... and I have tons more issues with it. And the dealer doesn't get that if you can spot a pattern when it's supposed to be "Random", that it's not random at all. I selected "Random" right in front of the Service Manager, showed him how the songs were being played in alphabetical order, and his response was "Well I don't know how it's supposed to work."

Random = Random (not Alphabetical Order)

We're all having problems, and we're waiting on the fix.

They didn't put 6-CD changers in this car because they wanted to push the modern technology and USB interface... for more money.

But they just pushed this one straight out the front door without doing any significant testing. And for non-safety issues, they wont send out recalls to the customers. They sound out TSB's to dealers, so just in case someone comes in with a complaint - they know what to do to fix it. They send out TSB's to the dealers and they PRAY that nobody comes in with complaints... because nothing gets fixed unless you submit a complaint.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #96
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
History shows Micro$oft is not exactly known for being an innovator or for ease of use.
talk about ease of use... that's why I was happy to see that I was supposed to be able to play music off a USB Flash Drive... but apparently they couldn't even get that right.

If they designed the PDIM hardware and software to work flawlessly with several models of IPODs, then they should have said so... and admitted that you can listen to music off several other devices, but they would ultimately have operation flaws with this system.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #97
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
You guys with the Zunes ought to first ensure you have the latest firmware updates for your devices as well...
You guys with GM vehicles oughta make sure you've got the latest hardware & software in your vehicles... to make it work right without having to tweak and play with it to get it to work the way it's supposed to work.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #98
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail
Sorry IPOD folks, but there are other folks inthis world who haven't imbibed the KoolAid for Ipods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail
Yanno, You need to get some help in learning how to be nice to people.
Dare I say what I really think here.

I didn't ask for your snotty little remark Mr. Lbertyforall!.

All I expect is that my MP3 player work as described.

As such, sorry you can't accept or respect other folk and their choices for music players. I haven't by choice bought into the Apple monolith.
Is this a private p_ssing contest, or can anyone join in?

greenrail, you post a sneering comment about iPods, then suffer from hurt feelings and a sudden desire that everyone should be excellent to each other when someone badmouths your preferred device. Funny how that works.

You both have enlightened us with the snotty little remarks which incidentally no one asked for from either of you. Congratulations. Now if you don't mind zipping it back up, can we get back to the topic at hand, that NEITHER "monolith"'s device is working all that well?

Thanks.

It's been a whole 2-1/2 weeks since the last significant update on this. Being a child of the generation of instant gratification and an inability to even spell payshence, is there any news to report?
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote