Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Rocker Trunion kit install

Is there anything that needs to be set when changing the needle bearings to the trunion kit for the rockers on an LS3? any spacing or gapping for contact? If so what would those be?

Any help would be appreciated.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
There are plenty of easy to follow youtube videos. Just make sure the end caps have the letters facing out (per instructions, some could be different). Don't make it harder than it is. It's a pretty simple but repetitive and time consuming job.

GJDM
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Thank you. I haven't bought them yet just remembered the ol school days with setting valve lash and having to make sure the gap was correct. I assume with hydraulics that has changed. If I'm wrong then please correct me.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloSS View Post
Thank you. I haven't bought them yet just remembered the ol school days with setting valve lash and having to make sure the gap was correct. I assume with hydraulics that has changed. If I'm wrong then please correct me.
If it's stock and you're only doing this upgrade I wouldn't worry about preload or lash. Just bolt them back on and Tq to spec.

GJDM
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would skip the roller bearings. Go straight to bushings. My Comp Cams roller bearing "upgrade" only lasted 5000 miles.
I got alot of fine metal in my oil from those crappy roller bearings. If not bushings you are better off staying with stock trunions. I am not the only one to have this problem. Search.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote