Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Trimmedout 15

Drives: 2011 Camaro HPE 650
2011 ss will not pass inspection

Bought the car used in Florida which doesn't have emissions on their inspection from where I purchased the car. I tired to get the car inspected here in NY and it will not pass. I get 3 incompletes when hooked up to the computer but I don't get any codes or any dash lights. The 3 incompletes are Evap, Cat, and Heated Cat. Any help would be much appreciated. The car is a 650 Hennessey and they will not call me back on my issue.

Thanks
Trimmedout 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Probably, just a guess, has headers on it and the downstream O2 sensors are gone.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Gotta love NY state inspections, but you should have done your homework on that before purchasing. Pretty sure, like Jrichards said, it's the down-steam (second set) of O2 sensors.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
hennesey might have the day off today
Old 01-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
Trimmedout 15

Has the 02 sensors, I called Hennessey last week, spoke to one guy and told me I needed to talk to someone different, he didn't answer so I left a message, called him twice. I'm thinking I need to do a complete drive cycle again. Had the car tuned here in ny, gonna try the GM drive cycle.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Depending on whether you bought from a lot or an individual as to who's liable for the cats.true enough florida has no inspections but all lots are required to have cats on the cars they sell....if you bought it off a lot...they'll supply you with cats..if from an individual...you'll be in the market for cats....I seen this first hand from a friend that had a car lot....he gladly put cats on a car after he was quoted the fine if he didn't ...good luck
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
Trimmedout 15

Bought the car privately so I'm on my own but I did have car re tuned and computer was reset so hoping the drive cycle will fix everything...

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Did you confirm the car has cats? And the o2 sensors aren't tuned off?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

You said you had it retuned.

Who retuned it and tuned it for what? Back to stock?

The GM Drive Cycle will only set the car to 'Ready'. Like right after you clear codes.

I'd guess, living down hear myself, that you bought a car with Long Tube Headers and that's the problem. What did your tuner say about it?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #10
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Does anyone know if they make compatible MIL eliminators for 5th gen camaros? I went through a very similar situation as the OP with an '05 mustang and the only thing that worked for me was to turn the rear O2 sensors back on with a tuner and use MIL eliminators to bypass the CEL. This might be 0% helpful if MIL eliminators won't work on our cars though...

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
Does anyone know if they make compatible MIL eliminators for 5th gen camaros? I went through a very similar situation as the OP with an '05 mustang and the only thing that worked for me was to turn the rear O2 sensors back on with a tuner and use MIL eliminators to bypass the CEL. This might be 0% helpful if MIL eliminators won't work on our cars though...
I would not want to do that. A CEL can let you know of things WAY before sound and feel and PM can.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #12
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would not want to do that. A CEL can let you know of things WAY before sound and feel and PM can.
Oh I'm not saying to use MIL eliminators full-time, I turned the O2 sensors off and took out the MIL the same day after I passed inspection. I'm just wondering if this could be a quick fix for a day or two so he can get it inspected, I just haven't heard of any MIL eliminators that will work for our car yet, but maybe some will.

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
Oh I'm not saying to use MIL eliminators full-time, I turned the O2 sensors off and took out the MIL the same day after I passed inspection. I'm just wondering if this could be a quick fix for a day or two so he can get it inspected, I just haven't heard of any MIL eliminators that will work for our car yet, but maybe some will.
Ah. Ok, I see what you're saying.

But if the rear o2 sensors are throwing a code then it won't pass emissions right? I mean even if you do get the light off?

I could never sell my car to someone in a state with inspections. hahahaha I'd have to do some serious demodding.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ah. Ok, I see what you're saying.

But if the rear o2 sensors are throwing a code then it won't pass emissions right? I mean even if you do get the light off?

I could never sell my car to someone in a state with inspections. hahahaha I'd have to do some serious demodding.
I would gladly accept your mods.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote