Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #29
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I tried grabbing the blade spoiler for mine, had the dealership contact the factory rep and was told it is a future product and cannot order it just yet. Same as the darkened tail lights.

It is an LPO product aka dealership installed, so once it is available to purchase... I will be grabbing this and having the dealership install it. I may end up waiting to see the ZL1 spoiler but I have a feeling that blade spoiler option comes stock on the ZL1.
Hope you ordered a LT car and not an SS.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #30
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Hope you ordered a LT car and not an SS.
How come? I ordered a 2SS
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #31
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Would the blade spoiler available for the SS? It looks perfect
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #32
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Would the blade spoiler available for the SS? It looks perfect
Quote:
How come? I ordered a 2SS

According to the Camaro team it will not be.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #33
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
According to the Camaro team it will not be.
I have stated this on some of the threads already but the more people know the better. I talked to one of the designers of the car and he also designed the accessories of the car. he stated that you can get the blade spoiler on the SS. However you can only do so if you order the car and the dealer you order the car has to either contact the factory or add a request to the order in order for the factory to install the LT deck lid on your SS and then the dealer will have to install the new blade spoiler. Couple things that came up on other threads: you can only get the LT deck lid if you order the accessory spoiler, no other way. Bolt holes are different on the SS deck lid vs the LT, you also won't be able to order this until the accessories are released and on sale
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #34
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Quick history lesson for you

Thank you Renegade!
Old 10-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #35
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Quick history lesson for you

And Part II of the lesson
Attached Images

Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:46 AM   #36
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
I have stated this on some of the threads already but the more people know the better. I talked to one of the designers of the car and he also designed the accessories of the car. he stated that you can get the blade spoiler on the SS. However you can only do so if you order the car and the dealer you order the car has to either contact the factory or add a request to the order in order for the factory to install the LT deck lid on your SS and then the dealer will have to install the new blade spoiler. Couple things that came up on other threads: you can only get the LT deck lid if you order the accessory spoiler, no other way. Bolt holes are different on the SS deck lid vs the LT, you also won't be able to order this until the accessories are released and on sale
Very good suggestion. Thanks!
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #37
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
That's just the stock RS spoiler.
Unfortunately, in my opinion, the stock rear spoiler and front grillework on the LT both look much better than on the SS. Seems unacceptable to me that we can't at least get the LT style rear spoiler on a SS. I understand the grilles are different, but is the trunk lid and rear fenders different between models?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #38
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
A new decklid could always be bought and an aftermarket spoiler of your choice be installed. Then you could change your look just by bolting the original back on.
1998 Camaro SS, Red, M6.
1986 IROC-Z, Red, A4,
1973 Camaro Motion Tribute, Blue, 454, M4
1967 Camaro RS/SS, Black, 350/295, A2,
2008 Avalanche LTZ, Black, A4
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:19 AM   #39
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
A new decklid could always be bought and an aftermarket spoiler of your choice be installed. Then you could change your look just by bolting the original back on.
Common theme in the Subaru community is to trade decklids from cars of same color for different trunk options... some people didn't want the ricer wing, so would trade with someone for their stock decklid sans wing. (They were all the same fit).

The only thing with the LT wing, are the two sub-canards on the left and right rear 1/4... that's going to be tricky.... they're not part of the decklid...

And seeing the new parts catalog, I love the idea of a red car with the black rear/side/front ground effects and a black wing. Seems one would be able to order them in any color one chooses, not just body matched.

I'm wondering if there would be an option soon for a "spoiler delete" so you *can* get the duckbill? Would be nice to have a selection, and I think that just may happen after the initial allocations are starting to be delivered and streamlining production line issues/complications/changes. Let's let the line workers get settled and good at what they have to do now, and then throw in minor changes.

--kC

Last edited by Imp; 11-03-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #40
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I find it interesting how some members of the Camaro team are saying that the blade spoiler is not available on the SS, then some are saying it is once the blade spoiler is available.

Then you look at SEMA and see an SS with a blade spoiler.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #41
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I find it interesting how some members of the Camaro team are saying that the blade spoiler is not available on the SS, then some are saying it is once the blade spoiler is available.

Then you look at SEMA and see an SS with a blade spoiler.
That is exactly what is driving me nuts right now... I get to meet some Camaro engineers and GM higher ups this Saturday. It is one of the questions that I will be asking. Inform us that it needs the LT deck lid, the sides needs to be drilled in, etc etc etc...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #42
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
That is exactly what is driving me nuts right now... I get to meet some Camaro engineers and GM higher ups this Saturday. It is one of the questions that I will be asking. Inform us that it needs the LT deck lid, the sides needs to be drilled in, etc etc etc...
When do you get home/plan to post?
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote