Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #533
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
Motor trend did a dyno

http://blogs.motortrend.com/1408_dyn...e_rollers.html

Hellcate: 635RWHP over 200+ top speed on roller.

ZL1: 472 RWHP
This isn't good for the ZL1. The Hellcat is amazing. The Hellcat almost puts down as much HP at the rear wheels as the 14 GT500 has at the crank.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #534
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
This isn't good for the ZL1. The Hellcat is amazing. The Hellcat almost puts down as much HP at the rear wheels as the 14 GT500 has at the crank.
It's only bad news if the GM doesn't follow through. You trolls make the one trick kitty sound like the second coming. Dodge has been pretty busy much silent until now. They finally do something, well GM has been doing something, they have the 1LE, the Z28 and the ZL1. They are all three great track cars and Dodge doesn't have an answer to any of them. The ZL1 was designed to do three things well, 1/4 mile, track and DD, and it accomplishes all three. I believe the one trick kitty will be an after thought once the Gen 6 full line up is released. Even Ford sees the writing on the wall why do you think they are running the new GT350 at the ring!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #535
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
It's only bad news if the GM doesn't follow through. You trolls make the one trick kitty sound like the second coming. Dodge has been pretty busy much silent until now. They finally do something, well GM has been doing something, they have the 1LE, the Z28 and the ZL1. They are all three great track cars and Dodge doesn't have an answer to any of them. The ZL1 was designed to do three things well, 1/4 mile, track and DD, and it accomplishes all three. I believe the one trick kitty will be an after thought once the Gen 6 full line up is released. Even Ford sees the writing on the wall why do you think they are running the new GT350 at the ring!
Motortrend doesn't agree with your one trick pony anthem neither do many other ZL1 and Camaro owners. Every car becomes forgotten when the next new thing comes along.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #536
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Motortrend doesn't agree with your one trick pony anthem neither do many other ZL1 and Camaro owners. Every car becomes forgotten when the next new thing comes along.
Did you do a poll? Lol. Did you read the article, they compared the ZL1 to supercars.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #537
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Did you do a poll? Lol. Did you read the article, they compared the ZL1 to supercars.
I forgot who I was arguing with. The guy that says the Wrangler isn't a real Jeep. I haven't said anything in any of these threads that hasn't been true. You on the other have nothing constructive to say so you resort to playground stuff that would give my twelve year old daughter a run for her money.

You ask the question "will GM beat Hellkitty?" For now, yes. In the future, who knows? It isn't like Dodge has to sit still after all. No need to cry about it though. After all they are just cars. I really don't care that the Hellcat is faster than my ZL1. It doesn't make me like it any less. It just makes me to want a Hellcat to park beside it.

Maybe they will have Hellmaro babies.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #538
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I forgot who I was arguing with. The guy that says the Wrangler isn't a real Jeep. I haven't said anything in any of these threads that hasn't been true. You on the other have nothing constructive to say so you resort to playground stuff that would give my twelve year old daughter a run for her money.

You ask the question "will GM beat Hellkitty?" For now, yes. In the future, who knows? It isn't like Dodge has to sit still after all. No need to cry about it though. After all they are just cars. I really don't care that the Hellcat is faster than my ZL1. It doesn't make me like it any less. It just makes me to want a Hellcat to park beside it.

Maybe they will have Hellmaro babies.
I couldn't take the drop in quality!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #539
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
770HP

http://horsepowerkings.com/reports-a...update-coming/
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #540
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Post it on the Corvette forum where it belongs.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #541
gm_joe

Drives: 2002 Pontiac GP 40th GTP, 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Might want to try and explain your opinion to the numerous members on here that counter that exact claim by modding their cars. Having owned mine since December 2012. I have changed my mind as I once had your opinion, 580HP is not enough once you learn how to drive this car. I haven't driven a 707HP vehicle yet!
My opinion for people that mod their cars (HP increase) is that unless they race them they are waisting their money. What good is all that horse power, it can only cause trouble.
gm_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #542
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
"You've got your God and so do I"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_joe View Post
My opinion for people that mod their cars (HP increase) is that unless they race them they are waisting their money. What good is all that horse power, it can only cause trouble.

I remember years ago at work a coworker was giving me crap for spending money on my car. Our supervisor was listening and told him, "when you sign the man's paycheck then you have a say so in how to spend it". I later found out later he was just jealous because his wife at that time said "NO" to everything! They divorced of course.

I forget that you are in CT. It's a totally different environment and weather in your state than here in So Cal. We have tracks here both 1/4 mile and road courses where you can drive the car using the HP. They now have drag races on runways where you can open the car up both half mile and 1 mile! Hardly a waste of money.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #543
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I remember years ago at work a coworker was giving me crap for spending money on my car. Our supervisor was listening and told him, "when you sign the man's paycheck then you have a say so in how to spend it". I later found out later he was just jealous because his wife at that time said "NO" to everything! They divorced of course.

I forget that you are in CT. It's a totally different environment and weather in your state than here in So Cal. We have tracks here both 1/4 mile and road courses where you can drive the car using the HP. They now have drag races on runways where you can open the car up both half mile and 1 mile! Hardly a waste of money.
Now THAT sounds like fun.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #544
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
The ZL1 may have a "conservative" tune from the factory as well. Not sure what the boost level is, stock, and what the tune is for.
Yes. ZL1 runs 8 psi compared to the ZR1 10.8 psi, GT500 15 psi, Hellcat 11.6 psi.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #545
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Damn. Dodge is taking no prisoners these days!! 770 horse viper is gonna be insane !! Wow. Now let's see what kind of price they stick on it.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #546
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_joe View Post
People like me like to mod their cars just because they can.
I took my car to the track 1 time, and really don't have any plans to go again soon, but it sure makes it fun as a daily driver.
708/694
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote