Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #8331
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Well I answered your question. First off this is not something new. This has been the standard for at least 10 years now. And I'll repeat that the more expensive a car is, the less it will attract people who will be willing to race it. Especially if that vehicle is not labeled as a quarter mile vehicle. You ever see a McLaren at the track? A Gallardo? R8? How many Z06s did you see there?
However you do see Hellcats there because they are labeled as quarter mile vehicles and people are willing to race them even if only a few times. GTs are a poor man's Muscle Car. They are literally the cheapest of the bunch by far. They attract a much younger crowd because that is what they can afford. And that is what they do, they go to the track every chance they get. And most likely, those will be the same ones who go to the track if they ever can afford a ZL1. On the whole that is. Plus they all have something to prove against the more elite Muscle Cars which is why they throw in drag packs and snap their axles or throw on every mod in the book and void their warranty so they can try to be faster than ZL1s and HCs even if it's just for one pass and they end up going home on the back of a lift. In contrast, Camaro and Corvette guys are much more likely to enter a show and win.
Actually yes I have seen a Gallardo at the strip it was wild lol

I appreciate the answer, and again on a regular test n tune night everything your saying makes 100% sense.

I guess I just figured some more would be willing to try a competitive race event that has classes for everyone and cash payouts but I guess not.

Side note - I never understood the appeal of putting a modern car in a car show.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:20 PM   #8332
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Actually yes I have seen a Gallardo at the strip it was wild lol
Right. And how often do you see them?

Quote:
I appreciate the answer, and again on a regular test n tune night everything your saying makes 100% sense.
Of course.

Quote:
I guess I just figured some more would be willing to try a competitive race event that has classes for everyone and cash payouts but I guess not.
Those cash payouts ain't worth anything. You'd get more money on side bets. But then that starts a bunch of crazy nonsense.
Quote:
Side note - I never understood the appeal of putting a modern car in a car show.
Well it depends on the rules for the show. Some shows don't allow newer cars to enter because people might be swayed to vote for them simply because they are new. Other shows allow only newer cars. And so on. Some shows have no rules at all. But again, most Camaro owners do tend to take better care of their cars and have more pride in them than the typical Mustang owner. So instead of beating it at a track, they'll attend a show.

Besides we all know good and well what these cars can do and what they run. How many times do we need to see stock, modded, whatever ZL1s running the same times as every other ZL1? Or GTs with a drag pack running the same times. Shit gets boring and redundant after the first 5000 people run the same times over and over again. Stock ZL1s, anywhere from low to high 11s. Hero runs are a bit faster. Stock 18+ GTs, mid-ish 12s with hero runs being bit faster. We don't need to see every owner go to the track to do the same thing.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:06 AM   #8333
shaffe

Quote:
Right. And how often do you see them?

Of course.

Those cash payouts ain't worth anything. You'd get more money on side bets. But then that starts a bunch of crazy nonsense.

Well it depends on the rules for the show. Some shows don't allow newer cars to enter because people might be swayed to vote for them simply because they are new. Other shows allow only newer cars. And so on. Some shows have no rules at all. But again, most Camaro owners do tend to take better care of their cars and have more pride in them than the typical Mustang owner. So instead of beating it at a track, they'll attend a show.

Besides we all know good and well what these cars can do and what they run. How many times do we need to see stock, modded, whatever ZL1s running the same times as every other ZL1? Or GTs with a drag pack running the same times. Shit gets boring and redundant after the first 5000 people run the same times over and over again. Stock ZL1s, anywhere from low to high 11s. Hero runs are a bit faster. Stock 18+ GTs, mid-ish 12s with hero runs being bit faster. We don't need to see every owner go to the track to do the same thing.
To each their own I guess. Maybe it's just my competitive nature but once i got bored of test n tune first thing I did was find a series to race in. I agree test n tune gets very boring especially when one pass you might be lined up against a 9 second legit race car and the next pass you might get lined up against an Accord. I couldn't wait to for race weekend to see if I could go rounds and end someones day lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 07-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #8334
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
To each their own I guess. Maybe it's just my competitive nature but once i got bored of test n tune first thing I did was find a series to race in. I agree test n tune gets very boring especially when one pass you might be lined up against a 9 second legit race car and the next pass you might get lined up against an Accord. I couldn't wait to for race weekend to see if I could go rounds and end someones day lol.
Competitive nature? How often do you race? How much money do you win? Do you improve your times and continuously mod your car and race faster people?

Anyway, so the GT500 will end production for MY2022. Seems a bit early to end production if you ask me. Are they trying to avoid the C8 Z06? Whatever they gotta do to protect it I guess.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:08 AM   #8335
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Car shows attract a different and much more diverse crowd than the track does. Many people will go to a car show but not as many go to the track. Plus many times car shows are held in very public places like supermarket parking lots, Home Depot parking lots, near parks, on the beach. And typically in mornings on weekends. Many people can conduct their routine of shoppu g and then look at cars or vice-versa. Or take the family to the beach or park and look at them. And they have free attendance for spectators. Its a much more family friendly environmentthan being at a track at 9pm with cars doing loud burnoutsand the smell of gas in the air..

And yes, Camaros are more expensive than Mustangs. Weren't you the one on all those threads about low sales? That was your thing for a while. I think you even started some of those threads. How many times was price brought up? Don't play like you don't know now. Price has always been a major reason for people choosing a GT over the SS. What were all those complaints and statements back in 15, 16, 17 all about then? "Dealership wouldn't come down on the price of a new SS so I went and got a GT for $28,500 OTD" and shit like that. You were present when we had all those debates here. And you saw all those posts on M6 too. That's the main reason why Mustangs sold more. Because they were significantly less expensive for the Base GT as compared to RTs, SRT8s, SS, etc.

I said this about the Mustang GT too. When the Coyote engine first came out in 2010 the dealers hardly would ever carry the base models. Now the dealers carry the base model Mustang GT in stock and they sell really well and quite affordable and mod friendly.

Yes, Chevy has the base model LT1 it cost a tad more than a base model GT however the dealers really carry the low end priced LT1.

Most dealers when they carry an LT1 they have RS appearance package, NPP, upgraded infotainment system, etc and I've seen LT1s push 43 grand with a whole bunch of options and this was MSRP with the options.

"most' people don't want to order a car and wait 6 weeks. They want to go to the lot and drive off with a new car. Most Chevy dealers don't carry the affordable LT1 so they go to the larger Ford lots that have 9 Mustang GTs and pick out a base model. Most Chevy dealers carry loaded up 2ss or 2ss rag tops pushing 55k. Some dealers only carry that and the damn cars sit for months.

Chevy dealers are not serious about pushing Camaro sales. It's like a nuisance to them to even carry one literally! The Chevy dealer which I'll never buy from which is right by my house you're lucky to see one new Camaro SS sitting on their lot and never never see a ZL1. They usually just carry a couple of the 4 cylinder Camaros.

Granted the 2 small Ford dealers in my county hate carrying Mustangs as well. The large one to my South in Ft. myers carries tons of Mustangs. They even got left over 2020 ones stil!

How can GM compete with the cheaper Ford Mustang if the dealers only like carrying 55k rag tops or fully loaded 2ss pushing 50k?

Even the LT1 has a MUCH better interior than the inferior base model Mustang.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #8336
shaffe

Quote:
Competitive nature? How often do you race? How much money do you win? Do you improve your times and continuously mod your car and race faster people?

Anyway, so the GT500 will end production for MY2022. Seems a bit early to end production if you ask me. Are they trying to avoid the C8 Z06? Whatever they gotta do to protect it I guess.
I am a very competitive person lol, doesn't matter if its sports, video games, racing I want to win lol.

Back when I had my mustang and raced in the local series we had two 8 race seasons then a 10 race season that rotated between the 3 localish tracks to me.

in my best season I won one event and finished third in points. The one event win was maybe 300 bucks in prize money not bad considering it was only 40 to enter(faster classes paid out more) I wanted to move up to the next class but the series folded and life changed and ended up selling the Mustang lol. It was fun though, hell of lot more fun than just test n tune. Made some really good friends and learned a hell of a lot about cars and racing in general.

As far as GT500 ending in MY22, first I have heard about it. I don't think its because of the C8Z but who knows.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:58 PM   #8337
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I am contacting the dealership where I got my ZL1 from to see if there is any type of waiting list for the C8 Z06. I got to thinking about markups and will I pay it if there is one. I always said I would never ever pay markup under any circumstances. But, I wonder if the C8 Z06 will make me change my mind. And exactly how much would I be willing to pay. $15K ADM, Hell no. $10K? Nope. $5K? I honestly think I would pay a $5K markup but I would fight like hell to avoid it altogether. So there it is. At $5K I would not walk out there door but I sure would put up as much of a bluff as I can, lol!!
Old 08-11-2021, 11:36 PM   #8338
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So I will be put on the dealership's waiting list on Friday. I was told that they should have more info within a couple months. The Z06 will be a 2023 MY and most likely won't be available to order until towards the end of 2022. Right now my dealership says they are doing a markup on all vehicles they sell but it comes with extra stuff (forgot exactly what it comes with). And the markup is only less than $2K. But he said they might be able to order mine without a markup. We'll see!!

I'm gonna guess the MSRP for a 1LZ Z06 will be around $85K to $90K and a 2LZ might be closer to $100K if not over that. At least I hope the prices aren't higher than that. If I can get a couple more contracts between now and the Summer then I could probably come there with about half of that as a down payment. Maybe I'll even trade in the Hellcat. We'll see!!
Old 08-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #8339
shaffe

Woohoo! C8Z!
Old 08-14-2021, 06:39 AM   #8340
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Woohoo! C8Z!
It will ultimately come down to MSRP and if I can get 2-3 more contracts in the next 12 months. My plan will be to keep it under $95K and put down at least $40K. But I would want at least a 2LZ. So we'll see what happens.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #8341
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I am contacting the dealership where I got my ZL1 from to see if there is any type of waiting list for the C8 Z06. I got to thinking about markups and will I pay it if there is one. I always said I would never ever pay markup under any circumstances. But, I wonder if the C8 Z06 will make me change my mind. And exactly how much would I be willing to pay. $15K ADM, Hell no. $10K? Nope. $5K? I honestly think I would pay a $5K markup but I would fight like hell to avoid it altogether. So there it is. At $5K I would not walk out there door but I sure would put up as much of a bluff as I can, lol!!
You’ve talked a lot of smack over the years about people paying ADMs. I guess when it’s worth it it’s worth it.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #8342
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
You’ve talked a lot of smack over the years about people paying ADMs. I guess when it’s worth it it’s worth it.
Guess we aren't infallible after all, people can change their minds and that's okay, I for one have no problem with Blaq being honest here.

It seems that with the internet capturing everything forever, the expected "standard" of consistency has gone through the roof... good to see you're willing to give people some leeway, too, Idaho

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #8343
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
It will ultimately come down to MSRP and if I can get 2-3 more contracts in the next 12 months. My plan will be to keep it under $95K and put down at least $40K. But I would want at least a 2LZ. So we'll see what happens.
The 2019 Z06 started $25k above a base C7 ($57–>$82k). Currently a C8 2LT with no other options and base paint/wheels, etc. is $68,300. I expect the gap to grow between the base C8 and C8 Z06 a little, so a $95k Msrp 2LZ might be doable, but with tax, title, ADM, you’re at probably $105k, if not near $110k.

It will be awesome though and nothing will touch it performance wise below $200k (not counting 0-60 since I think it will be only marginally quicker than a Z51 C8 since it’s RWD). I think you have to go 911 Turbo S to get overall performance hanging with a C8 Z, and those start at $204k.

I hope it works out for you!

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 08-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #8344
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Guess we aren't infallible after all, people can change their minds and that's okay, I for one have no problem with Blaq being honest here.

It seems that with the internet capturing everything forever, the expected "standard" of consistency has gone through the roof... good to see you're willing to give people some leeway, too, Idaho
Indeed.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28