Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-28-2021, 06:51 PM   #29
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
What is auto shift....say you start off in second on a roll.....does it shift into 3rd on its own at redline? I just put it in D after the hit and let it shift on its own.
I was going to ask the same thing. My tuner has mine set to "manual auto lock" so that any time I use the tapshift it will automatically lock my converter in whatever gear it is in and stay locked until I put it back into sport mode, which is where I drive it all the time. This way I can cruise around after some hard pulls and cool it down quicker and shift when I want to, up or down and stay locked. Works really well.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #30
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
What is auto shift....say you start off in second on a roll.....does it shift into 3rd on its own at redline? I just put it in D after the hit and let it shift on its own.
Yeah when I drop to second in manual mode it shifts on its own. Tuner has the shift points set a little higher as well.
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #31
SSkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. My tuner has mine set to "manual auto lock" so that any time I use the tapshift it will automatically lock my converter in whatever gear it is in and stay locked until I put it back into sport mode, which is where I drive it all the time. This way I can cruise around after some hard pulls and cool it down quicker and shift when I want to, up or down and stay locked. Works really well.
Thats a good idea for the converter lockup as well. You have triple disk right?
Old 09-29-2021, 07:08 PM   #32
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkat View Post
Yeah when I drop to second in manual mode it shifts on its own. Tuner has the shift points set a little higher as well.
Mine is also set that if I bop the limiter in first or second it will automatically shift up.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:14 PM   #33
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkat View Post
Thats a good idea for the converter lockup as well. You have triple disk right?
Yea I really like being able to lock it when ever I want to and cruise at what ever speed the converter likes and doesn't buck, if it does I just downshift a gear. But no mine is only a billet single disc. When I was ordering it from Circle D and was chatting with Chris there and he was asking about the cars HP level and how the car was going to be driven and I said she is a daily he told me I didn't need a triple because my HP level didn't require one, just a single disc. So I was able to save a few bucks there and still have a great converter..
Old 10-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #34
SSkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yea I really like being able to lock it when ever I want to and cruise at what ever speed the converter likes and doesn't buck, if it does I just downshift a gear. But no mine is only a billet single disc. When I was ordering it from Circle D and was chatting with Chris there and he was asking about the cars HP level and how the car was going to be driven and I said she is a daily he told me I didn't need a triple because my HP level didn't require one, just a single disc. So I was able to save a few bucks there and still have a great converter..
Good to know. I should be doing a converter soon and would like to save a little if possible! I have the auto shift already and love that feature.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #35
12secondv6

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I've had a handful of mopars (SRT jeep's, SRT challenger SRT neon)
I had a 13 SRT8 challenger with an A5
Mods:
Cold air, 80 MM throttle body, ported intake, cat back and drag radials (basic mods) - it ran 12.0 at 116.5 consistently. Big heavy car. It was also dead consistent on the street (cause I ran nitto drag radials on my daily).

The newer ones move to an A8 and those are a couple tenths quicker (stock w/ good driver can dip into the high 11's with good air)

I now have an 12 L99 auto
Cold air, long tubes, no cats, mid muffler delete - still trying to get the tune worked out - once that is done, I'll run it. I don't expect it to be as quick as my SRT8....but it's fun.
12secondv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #36
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
just throwing this out, i had a ls3 car that i wrecked and replaced it with a l99 took the bolt on's off one and put them on the other both cars got tuned. my impressions yes the ls3 was more fun to drive but my l99 car would kick it's butt and with the same gears the l99 would walk on my ls3. in spirited driving the early 6060's had a second gear grind that i could not stand.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #37
2010BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99
Since I cammed the car, I have been wanting to try this race again. So far, I haven't found a Scat Pack that will race me. I've tried, but they always decline. Maybe it's because they see me whoopin' up on Mustangs and 6th Gen Camaros?

Mods: GPI SS1 VVT cam; GPI ported heads; GPI ported TB; GPI Rod Mod intake manifold; Vararam CAI; TSP 2" LT headers; TSP 3" exhaust; Mighty Mouse Wild catch can; 3.91 GM gears; Truetrac; LPW diff. cover; Whiteline diff. bushings; NT555RII drag radials (315/35R20)
2010BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 08:19 PM   #38
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
I would take them before my cam, heads and gears with just stall, suspension, and full bolt ons from a dead stop on nitto drag radials. If I raced one now I would absolutely destroy a stock one. Stall and drag radials it won't be a contest if you don't have them yet.
My father in laws neighbor has a new scatpack and it has headers and a tune and it still is slower then my camaro.
Remember these cars are 4200+ pounds. Our camaros are about 3900 stock. With your mods they aren't going to have a chance stock.
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote