Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 AM   #29
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro10ss1 View Post
Do you happen to have a picture of how you have your cutouts setup under the car?
I don't have cut outs on my 2014, I did on my 2010 never took pictures though since it wasn't electronic.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #30
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro10ss1 View Post
How long have you had it that way? I guess everyone's choice of whats loud and what isn't so loud is different. I had a ls1 car with no mufflers cats or resonators with dumped exhaust that wasn't bad at all to me. There was drone but not anything I couldn't deal with.
Indeed. I've had this set-up for over a year. Nvr an issue.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #31
Camaro10ss1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I don't have cut outs on my 2014, I did on my 2010 never took pictures though since it wasn't electronic.
Oh ok. I had manual cutouts on a different car it was kinda a pain to deal with every time you want to open and close them having to jack up the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
Indeed. I've had this set-up for over a year. Nvr an issue.
That's awesome good to hear. I'm gonna give it a try.
Camaro10ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #32
Camaro10ss1

So I decided to go ahead and chop off my 40s and go with straight pipe no resonators or cats. I have to say I couldn't be happier the car sounds amazing!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #33
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
At one point I had LTs, no cats, x pipe and Moroso Spiral Flows and it was cool and tough sounding but when I would go WOT I imagined all the popo within earshot trying to triangulate my location. I went to quieter mufflers mainly because I had terrible drone at 2000.

Not a WOT video but here:
http://youtu.be/YtkMNtcBRGg?list=UUB...jbrEY6_GEkcCJg
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #34
Camaro10ss1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
At one point I had LTs, no cats, x pipe and Moroso Spiral Flows and it was cool and tough sounding but when I would go WOT I imagined all the popo within earshot trying to triangulate my location. I went to quieter mufflers mainly because I had terrible drone at 2000.

Not a WOT video but here:
http://youtu.be/YtkMNtcBRGg?list=UUB...jbrEY6_GEkcCJg

I agree wot is a animal of its own. I hardly go wot so it doesn't bother me very much. I can only imagine how loud it's gonna be once I get a cam.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:19 PM   #35
RyconPayne
2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE RS
I know this is raising the dead, but I got to this thread by a google search. I have a fairly new to me 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE. When I bought it, it had quite a lot done to it already without much actual information on the upgrades.

So far, this is what I've come to understand: My car is cammed, with a cold air intake, long tube headers, an X-Pipe, with a cat and muffler delete, and a Corsa Extreme exhaust. I don't think I've forgotten any of the details I've learned so far.

What I do know is that my car is *loud*. It's always loud. The moment I fire it up, it's got a very loud nasty lope that is just brutal. Any amount of gas makes it roar to life, and under wide open throttle it is deafening. It backfires like a wild animal, and really just always sounds absolutely savage.

I really want to know more details about my setup, and I really am looking forward to owning this car and learning more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
Im running a Straight pipes/No cats/Tru X Pipe with LTs and a Cam. Its Loud, but im used to it now. LOL. I love it. Wouldn't have no other way.

*This* car sounds closer to my car than any car ever has. The first video makes it sound like it has a smaller lope, and maybe a bit quieter than mine -- but the second video certainly sounds closer (if a bit quieter? Hard to say). Then I heard it pull out, and I got shivers down my spine. See, I've never gotten to really hear my car from outside of my car, and if it sounds anything like that I am *excited*. If anything, my car may be louder, and more savage. Thank you so much for posting this! Your car sounds amazing -- truly.

Here is mine idling:

https://imgur.com/a/jsoF1c1

(I know the tips are on backwards -- they were like this when I bought it. I like the unique look, but I wish that they were angled a bit out. My tuner thinks he will be able to make this happen, and I really hope so. I like the look, and the feedback I've gotten in person has been great. Online, people have been less kind about it -- I know it's there, and I like it.)
RyconPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #36
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
sounds great!
this is the video that finalized my decision for a cam:

https://youtu.be/ocsToJXozJo
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote