Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
nevrenz

Drives: 2011 RED Camaro
Anyone have QA issues with GEN5DIY.. 2nd time for me

I posted a thread a few months ago about my 4 pack guage cluster not working with the GEN5DIY harness i bought. I was going to return it but they said i had to send it back first and pay shipping. I know allot about electronics, wiring, computers, etc so i figured i would take a look at the harness myself. I found that the harness wires were reversed compared to the factory harness so i took apart the connector and repinned the wires the correct way and it worked great.

Well GEN5DIY.COM was happy i figured it out so they gave me $20 discount on my next order. I was satisfied so i ordered a RS to NON RS harness with halos on all the time for the headlights I bought. Well after I installed everything (Plug and Play) I found that the driverside headlight/halo and passengerside driving light didnt work. I checked all the connections to troubleshoot and found everything is plugged in correctly.

I contacted Ofer at GEN5DIY and he forwared my email to Jarod. Jarod replied to send back the harness and they will send me a new one. I asked why cant they send me a new one with prepaid shipping label and Jarod indicated that its company policy to get the old one back for exchange or he can charge my card another $170 for the harness untill they get the old one back.

I said well again i will look at this harness myself to see what i can find. This Camaro gets driven allot and to reverse install would take up to much of my time that i dont really have. So i did. After i took apart the wire loom i found the blue and black wires to be disconnected from the connectors as you can see from the picture and the heat shrink is short exposing some wires.

My question is has anyone else had issues with GEN5DIY? I love thier products and the communications have been good them thus far. Just frustrating the return/exchange process and that both harnesses i bought had issues. Other then that i dont want to bash them in anyway. Their help with intergration in my opinon is awesome.
Attached Images

Last edited by nevrenz; 11-01-2013 at 01:09 PM.
nevrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Halo harness - no issues. Looks like someone fell asleep at the wheel on that kit. Sorry man.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
nevrenz

I only went through the driverside harness and it looks like the wires were not crimped into the metal pins that are in the connectors. White fixing the two wires you see in the picture another one came off easily by lightly pulling on it. Im fixing it so its right. Im going to lightly pull on the wires on the passenger side as well to see if any of the wires come off. If they do ill repair them.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
nevrenz

Driverside is somewhate repaired. I reused the terminal pins but its not a great connection. I emailed Jarod to see if he can send me new pins for the harness. Also i found the same issue on the passenger side with the highbeam wire and lower driving light. Loose barely crimped.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Definetly a QC issue. Hopefully they will make it right for you.

No issues with my RS DRL always on harness. But I completely understand your frustration.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
nevrenz

Update: After repairing the driverside terminals/harness and high beam issue Im now having issues with the passenger side. I really did get the LEMON harness.

Since i have to drive the Camaro right now everyday for work. GEN5DIY told me to buy another harness and send this defective one back. Looks like I will have to pay full price to order a new harness if dont want to lose driving the car. Then ship this one back once i get the new harness so i can be refunded.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
We offer two ways to fix this, one is to send back the harness, and will fix it, and send it right back, or buy a new one and we add a shipping label to use for returning the old one, when we get the old one back we refund the replacement order.

P.S. with that said let me say how sorry we are you got a bad one.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Since its a DD and he needs the car why not just send him a harness in good faith?
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS2010 View Post
Since its a DD and he needs the car why not just send him a harness in good faith?
will you do that? we have parts all over that have never made it back, so when we look at how much we are out, this is the best way to do it.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 11-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Same reason no other company sends parts out on good faith.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
HAHA I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
2SS2010

Well seeing that he has to fix it himself to make it work I would feel bad for the guy and yes I would send him one if it was me. better yet, get his CC info and send him a new harness and give him 30 days to return the old one. If no return charge his card this way you're covered also.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Well seeing that he has to fix it himself to make it work I would feel bad for the guy and yes I would send him one if it was me. better yet, get his CC info and send him a new harness and give him 30 days to return the old one. If no return charge his card this way you're covered also.
That's essentially what Gen5DIY is offering to do - they're even offering to include a return shipping label so the OP can send the old one back.

But it seems that the OP doesn't seem to want to do that.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
2SS2010

Well so much for trying to help the guy out of a jam.. LOL