Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
King_Rob

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Bluetooth Streaming Audio Quit Working

I paired my Samsung Omia up with my camaro yesterday and had audio streaming through the stereo. It also worked this morning on my way to work. At lunch, as I was driving down the road, I decided to hit the phone button on the steering wheel while the music was playing. It muted the music and went into the voice menu, but when I hit the button again, the music never came back on.

No matter what I do, I cannot get music to play through the bluetooth streaming audio. I've deleted the device and re-added it several times. The streaming audio seems to be connected fine because I can use the controls on the stereo to skip ahead a song, or go back and it responds on the phone, I just don't hear any sound.

I'm guessing my first task would be to contact my dealer and ask about upgrading my PDIM, any other suggestions on how to get this working would be appreciated.
King_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Rob View Post
I paired my Samsung Omia up with my camaro yesterday and had audio streaming through the stereo. It also worked this morning on my way to work. At lunch, as I was driving down the road, I decided to hit the phone button on the steering wheel while the music was playing. It muted the music and went into the voice menu, but when I hit the button again, the music never came back on.

No matter what I do, I cannot get music to play through the bluetooth streaming audio. I've deleted the device and re-added it several times. The streaming audio seems to be connected fine because I can use the controls on the stereo to skip ahead a song, or go back and it responds on the phone, I just don't hear any sound.

I'm guessing my first task would be to contact my dealer and ask about upgrading my PDIM, any other suggestions on how to get this working would be appreciated.
have you tried restarting your phone completly try using your phone hands free does that ork if so then at least you know its not the car audio part
Old 09-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
King_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
have you tried restarting your phone completly try using your phone hands free does that ork if so then at least you know its not the car audio part
I did not reset the phone completely (take the battery out). I'll try that when I get off work. The hands free worked fine after the streaming audio quit.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
King_Rob

This turned out to be the volume on the phone itself. I'm uncertain why it got turned down in the first place, but if you're having troubles getting the streaming audio to work over bluetooth, make sure the volume on your phone is turned up.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
It it possible or does anyone know if GPS programs on their cell phone, stream the programs directions through the bluetooth? Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
I've had the same problem a couple of times with my iphone. My knock is that when you go to set it back up, the stereo screen goes blank. Already have a new stereo on order at the dealership to replace it.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote