Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Question ISO PERFORMANCE SHOP RECS **MUST BE SKILLED IN V6 LLT FI PLATFORM**

So the shop that’s been installing my Overkill Supercharger Kit Stage 3 on my 2010 A6 LLT for the past 17 months (yes—that number is not a typo—you read seventeen correctly) just called me today and said that they are struggling to stay afloat and don’t want to continue stringing me along since they don’t have techs anymore.

I am desperately in search of QUALITY AND RELIABLE performance shops that are familiar, skilled, and knowledgeable with an LLT FI platform to see this build to completion. These engines are complex little devils and a different beast than the 6.2L LS3 or LT1 altogether, which is why I’m turning to you guys for any and all recommendations.

I live in NYC but I’m absolutely open minded to traveling ANYWHERE that can save me. I’m even trying to contact Will to see if he has availability in his schedule so I can transport it to his shop in Canada. I didn’t come this far just to have an oversized and costly paperweight…

Thanks in advance!

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Give these guys a call and see if they'd help you out.

https://injection-connection.com/

They helped me finish a Paxton Blower build on my v6 Monte Carlo and they didn't specialize in that car at all.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
yeah, I asked about a Tune and dyno on my 2010 Camaro V6.
First it was Yes but 800 dollars, but then when I said it had Headers on it they said they would not touch it, Something about the Bosch ECM
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #4
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Give these guys a call and see if they'd help you out.

https://injection-connection.com/

They helped me finish a Paxton Blower build on my v6 Monte Carlo and they didn't specialize in that car at all.
Appreciate it and I’ll check it out.. anyone specifically at that shop who worked on your car?

But as spyderbuddy stated below, the 2010 V6 LLT combined with Bosch ECU is a menace. There’s a few builds on here that end up swapping to LFX ECU or straight up trading in their LLT Camaro for an LFX and swapping aftermarket parts over because of the headache it causes. I’m definitely going to need a shop/tuner that’s well versed with these systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
yeah, I asked about a Tune and dyno on my 2010 Camaro V6.
First it was Yes but 800 dollars, but then when I said it had Headers on it they said they would not touch it, Something about the Bosch ECM

Old 06-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
Appreciate it and I’ll check it out.. anyone specifically at that shop who worked on your car?

I worked with the owner Dale on it. He even worked with me and ZZP to get some parts overnighted that we needed while he had it.

I'm not 100% sure if he did the work, but he's the person I spoke with.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:37 PM   #6
Duda

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2013
If it helps, there is a shop called Jannetty Racing in Waterbury, CT. Only a 2 hour drive from NYC. Their instagram is jannettyracing and they do polls on their sometimes. Also they respond extremely quick to their emails so I would check them out. They work on mostly V8s but I've asked and they've said they could do my V6 many times. I just can't find anyone with FI that is in stock haha. Good luck
Duda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #7
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Update

Thank you ChibiBlackSheep and Duda for your recs! I was about to pick-up my car from the original shop that has been doing all the engine upgrades and to my pleasant surprise they said they would continue working to finish it instead which was a relief for me so I no longer require searching for another shop, for now..

I would like to keep this thread growing though for everyone to continue making recommendations for performance shops around the country, since it doesn't seem like I'm alone in struggling to find a shop willing to work on the LLT platform.

Continue to submit the names and location info below for places you've use for others who may need to know!

Old 06-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #8
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Jannety's is a great shop, they did my supercharger/ But I have the LFX engine, I don't think they'll work on the llt engine,because of the Bousch cpu, Boush don't let out their tuning codes
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:58 PM   #9
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
There is only one, and they have done hundreds of every type of FI for the LLT, LFX, and LGX. DM for info or email us direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:31 PM   #10
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

I scoured various FI build threads for shops that contributed to building/tuning other successful applications. Reviving this thread to update you all with a list of the shops that I reached out to for help with my issues but they were either never interested/bothered to respond or declined V6 engine work. Will from Overkill Motorsports in Canada who was remote tuning my build has completely stopped responding to messages since his father passed away in September 2021. EFX Tuning in NJ who did all performance mods/installations on my build has also permanently closed during that time. Currently, I have no support to assist me in resolving the fueling/tuning issues still being faced.

The following shops didn’t answer my email inquiry at all:
• RK Tuning, NJ (Rob)
• BCS Auto, AZ (Justin)
• MS Tuning, TX (Matt@FSP)

The following shops refused accepting this work:
• Tune Time Performance, NJ (Joe)
Name:  5EB08480-76BA-4D9C-8999-4626C3362B6D.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  137.5 KB

• Gwatney Performance Innovation, AR (Aaron/Ryan)
Name:  4B431FC9-B1F9-452B-825D-222545E34666.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  124.3 KB

• Arizona Elite Motorsports, AZ (Bill)
Name:  60EC89A0-70CB-4754-81E7-81723A9A4E62.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  130.0 KB

• Spartan LSX Performance, GA (Josh)
Name:  2E83F3AB-7A80-431D-B889-A3157AEE1F5E.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  125.1 KB

• Jannetty Racing Enterprise, CT (Ted)
Name:  CBC14C25-7D84-4EAB-938B-F780FE9D4647.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  133.4 KB

The only two shops so far that have entertained the idea of providing their advice or guidance further in this matter are Trifecta Performance, WA and Tracy Lewis Performance, FL. I have been in communication with both Vince and Tracy trying to make arrangements to ship the car to one of their facilities later this year so it can be worked on.

My advice to anyone who owns a 10-11 V6 LLT platform that is considering going FI……… DON’T DO IT! It’s certainly not worth all the headaches that come with it or the lack of aftermarket parts, engine support, and tuning available. Still open to any shop suggestions located anywhere in the US that would be willing to accept the job of completing this build.

Old 03-16-2022, 07:43 AM   #11
Nmbr1gmfan

Drives: Fast
I thought Tracy Lewis built some of these forced induction V6 cars in the past? I figured this would be right up his alley.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #12
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Have you dug through the appropriate HP Tuners forum for your car? You may find the expert on there that might be willing to help. I have the LNF ecotec in my kit car and it's another oddball that very few shops tune. I was able to learn enough on the forum to work on the tune myself and one of the more knowledgeable people on there was willing to give a phone number to discuss with him. I would think there would be more support for the V6 Camaro so someone on there might be able to point you to a tuner.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote