Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #113
Houston94vert

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
who is going to race a ZL-1 in sanctioned race. your kidding me right? Do you even go to track days??
It's mainly to the concerns for the people who argue...well it's not a drag car it's a road car. Really? Because Chevy already has a car for that. Many would say it's built for the track. So what people are saying it's track built car for open track days only, and can never use in any type of compettion, (not even solo events).

What I would really like to see is the real reason people love this car. The attitude it stands for, the hey it's an american muscle car and the muscle car war is alive!! It's bad ass tire smoking top of the line camaro! I wouldn't expect it to be anything less. However, it will not be the best at all things, it's just the best camaro you can buy. Some people are so brand loyal that's all they care about. Which is totally fine, but don't play off your obsession for the car or reason for purchasing is for it's track use abilities. Just say, hell it may not be the best but damn I love it. I love the looks I love the sound I love the power, etc. Put don't try to play it off as the best track car you can buy.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #114
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston94vert View Post
It's mainly to the concerns for the people who argue...well it's not a drag car it's a road car. Really? Because Chevy already has a car for that. Many would say it's built for the track. So what people are saying it's track built car for open track days only, and can never use in any type of compettion, (not even solo events).

What I would really like to see is the real reason people love this car. The attitude it stands for, the hey it's an american muscle car and the muscle car war is alive!! It's bad ass tire smoking top of the line camaro! I wouldn't expect it to be anything less. However, it will not be the best at all things, it's just the best camaro you can buy. Some people are so brand loyal that's all they care about. Which is totally fine, but don't play off your obsession for the car or reason for purchasing is for it's track use abilities. Just say, hell it may not be the best but damn I love it. I love the looks I love the sound I love the power, etc. Put don't try to play it off as the best track car you can buy.

Shut up dude. people love the ZL-1 for all the above. Don't come crying in here if you can't handle it.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #115
Houston94vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
Shut up dude. people love the ZL-1 for all the above. Don't come crying in here if you can't handle it.
I can handle it just fine. I don't own one.

I don't think I was crying either??

I think the ZL1 is a bad ass car! I really do! I was going to get one, until ford announce the 2013 Shelby. I'm also a ford fan boy, but was really interested in switching once I started hearing about this car. Chevy has done a great job on it, just not good enough for me. But I switch cars every two years or so(wife can't stand it!), so there will be something faster before too long.

I'm glad the zl1 is here finally, and can't wait to tangle with one at the track!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #116
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirks5oh View Post
Lol. Didn't take much to make the cobra fast.
I love it, you say this, and then put up a video of your Cobra that seems to have been switched over to an automatic versus the manual all of them came with. I guess a tranny switch is "not much" in the way of mods the way you see it?
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #117
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

No car is the best that is why anybody who say one car is, is well an idiot. I see your drive fords so you have to see the bias BS over there as well. For some reason people just like to keep this rivalry up.

If you were to go to svtforums your would think the 2013gt500 was the second coming they are so stoked on it and what does it do that other cars won't??? nothing. faster quarter mile? no GTr and Zr-1 are faster. Faster top end, no not really. faster lap times? proabably not

is it cheaper??? yes so every arguement then point to price making it best. does the cost of something make it best? no. or these cars that are faster are not in its segment.

See even over there people are in there own little dream world of best. So the 2013 gt500 is the ford guys ZL-1. the biggest badest thing he likes/can afford.

notice the similarities here???? The truth is they are both awsome cars but over there the ZL-1 is a slower pig even though it is faster than every other GT500 to date most likely. Since the one that is not quite out yet is going to be faster the ZL-1 sucks.

yet you call people here biased which is true but I say both have biased people and drive what you like.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #118
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtime View Post
Totally agree and I don't buy into the break-in talk. Hell, I am knocking on 10's with my N/A 2012 GT, still on the stock long block, and 1,300 miles on the OD in crappy air.

The new GT500 will solidly be in the 11's on street tires, knocking on 10's with big and littles if not there. Pulley and a tune ($700 worth of power upgrades) and I believe 10.7's or better will be very achievable.

Still waiting to see a ZL1 at the track. Closest thing I have seen is CTS-V coupes running 13's.

I love seeing people post the worst times for a car - lol.

Upper/lower/Cam/DR CTS-V (610 rwhp / 622 rwtq)

Stock Supercharger CTS-V
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #119
kirks5oh

Drives: cts-v, z06, cobra, escalade, fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
I love it, you say this, and then put up a video of your Cobra that seems to have been switched over to an automatic versus the manual all of them came with. I guess a tranny switch is "not much" in the way of mods the way you see it?
I bought the car brand new. I can assure you it was a low 11 car with a simple blower swap/intake/fuel mods/catback, when I did all that in 2007--i had less than $10k in mods to the car. The solid rear/suspension/auto got added just last year, in my quest to be solidly in the 10's. Obviously, a built auto is more than a simple mod. All that and my z06 will hurt it bad when I drop it off for h/c/i in chicago next week. Go figure
kirks5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #120
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
I can handle it just fine. I don't own one.

I don't think I was crying either??

I think the ZL1 is a bad ass car! I really do! I was going to get one, until ford announce the 2013 Shelby. I'm also a ford fan boy, but was really interested in switching once I started hearing about this car. Chevy has done a great job on it, just not good enough for me. But I switch cars every two years or so(wife can't stand it!), so there will be something faster before too long.

I'm glad the zl1 is here finally, and can't wait to tangle with one at the track!
See you at MSR.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #121
Houston94vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
See you at MSR.
I'll be running at test n tune sat in sealy, u can grab a lane.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #122
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
I'll be running at test n tune sat in sealy, u can grab a lane.
Not until break in is complete. Are you talking at Hennesey? Sounds like a great time. And I aint claiming any kind of superiority, just enjoying all makes. Damn I got to get these 1500 miles down, I need to take a week off and just drive! Anyhow looking forward to it when the miles are down. Really want to run MSr.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #123
besherman

Drives: 2008 GMC Denali
Others have asked and it remains unanswered: How will the 700HP kit perform on pump gas?????

If you expect people to lay out $11K for the 700hp kit, you should make this information public.
besherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #124
goodtime
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT;2010 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I love seeing people post the worst times for a car - lol.

The posted run was done in 2,300' DA. The ZR1 obviously had traction issues. The CTS-V not so much so. These are typical conditions we run in. Underwhelmed would be an understatement. Let's see if the ZL1 can do better in the same conditions.
goodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #125
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by besherman View Post
Others have asked and it remains unanswered: How will the 700HP kit perform on pump gas?????

If you expect people to lay out $11K for the 700hp kit, you should make this information public.
Chill. They're not done
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #126
tomsws6

Drives: 97 ws6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtime View Post
The posted run was done in 2,300' DA. The ZR1 obviously had traction issues. The CTS-V not so much so. These are typical conditions we run in. Underwhelmed would be an understatement. Let's see if the ZL1 can do better in the same conditions.

I gotta say half of the ZR1's Iv seen at the track are running in the high 10's stock. I havent seen too many CTSV's but ones I have seen were 12.2's ish. I have seen a ZR1 run 13's before but she also trapped 120's. Yall need to bring your cars to MIR!!
tomsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote