Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #7099
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Better to ask for forgivness than beg for permission, or so I am told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Spoken as a wise married man
Yes, it is. most definitely.

wife is cool with my new car choice.. no kitchen remodel required..

Modding the vette on a grand scale like the Camaro - Not on her watch.

I got a mini riot act read to me when i mentioned it needed help in the handling department.

Um.. guess i'll just tell her if she asks why i'm under the car... " oh... changing the oil again honey"...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #7100
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Yes, it is. most definitely.

wife is cool with my new car choice.. no kitchen remodel required..

Modding the vette on a grand scale like the Camaro - Not on her watch.

I got a mini riot act read to me when i mentioned it needed help in the handling department.

Um.. guess i'll just tell her if she asks why i'm under the car... " oh... changing the oil again honey"...
Word of advise my friend......Happy wife = happy home!
While this home deal will catch her up.... well the CTSV I think puts her over on me now, most of our toys are stuff the whole family enjoys.
My wife and I are more than just marriage partners, we are also business partners. So in other words, besides wanting to give her all the best because she deserves it, she owns half of me. Happy wife = happy whole MWS.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #7101
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
New Vette is home, tucked in the garage. Parked right next to the Camaro.

Looks like I will be modding the vette.. after all. The Stock suspenstion SUX!
It's way too sloppy for my taste. (Car has the base suspension)

So.. I'm already looking around on the corvette forum for take off Z-51 parts (shocks and swaybars).

Car has the dual mode exhaust and has an annoying drone at an idle.. that's gotta go.

It needs an updated radio with NAV...

so much for no Mods right away.... That lasted 10 minutes. LOL
Dan - the new toy looks great!! It is hard to leave things alone when you know there is better parts out there just begging to go on your car.

It looks like Pete got the coils to drop the ZL1 but he needs to get some done for the CTS-V to make me happy!! I am hopefully going to the road track this coming weekend for some fun

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #7102
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Word of advise my friend......Happy wife = happy home!
While this home deal will catch her up.... well the CTSV I think puts her over on me now, most of our toys are stuff the whole family enjoys.
My wife and I are more than just marriage partners, we are also business partners. So in other words, besides wanting to give her all the best because she deserves it, she owns half of me. Happy wife = happy whole MWS.
Yes Yes.. You are a wise man. Advise I agree with.

My wife is VERY OK with me having a corvette.
She understands that it is a part of OUR life, and my car of choice to drive.

She was telling my MOM yesterday her story about our first date, when we first met, as I asked "Shall I pick you up in the yellow or black one?"
(I was being ambiguous for a reason)

She chose Yellow.

You see, at that time, I owned 2 - 2001 Corvettes - one was yellow and the other black. I picked her up in the Yellow 'vette, and the rest is history..

A corvette has been part of our Family for most of the time we have been together.

My last vette before this one was a 2005 Yellow one.. bought 2 weeks before the birth of our daughter. I gave Jeanne a ride to the hospital to give birth to our daughter, Kimberly in that yellow 2005 vette. (only reason that car is not with us is because it was traded in for the down payment on the Camaro).

This one makes the 11th Corvette that I have owned.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #7103
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Dan - the new toy looks great!! It is hard to leave things alone when you know there is better parts out there just begging to go on your car.

It looks like Pete got the coils to drop the ZL1 but he needs to get some done for the CTS-V to make me happy!! I am hopefully going to the road track this coming weekend for some fun
We need to CLONE Pete... he is too busy.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #7104
mws444

Quote:
Yes Yes.. You are a wise man. Advise I agree with.

My wife is VERY OK with me having a corvette.
She understands that it is a part of OUR life, and my car of choice to drive.

She was telling my MOM yesterday her story about our first date, when we first met, as I asked "Shall I pick you up in the yellow or black one?"
(I was being ambiguous for a reason)

She chose Yellow.

You see, at that time, I owned 2 - 2001 Corvettes - one was yellow and the other black. I picked her up in the Yellow 'vette, and the rest is history..

A corvette has been part of our Family for most of the time we have been together.

My last vette before this one was a 2005 Yellow one.. bought 2 weeks before the birth of our daughter. I gave Jeanne a ride to the hospital to give birth to our daughter, Kimberly in that yellow 2005 vette. (only reason that car is not with us is because it was traded in for the down payment on the Camaro).

This one makes the 11th Corvette that I have owned.
You are a blessed man to have a good wife my friend! It is hard to find women who understand us car nuts.
I have always wanted a Vette, owned one for 3 days back in the late 80's....long story
As soon as I can stop the bleeding on the home front I am going to get a ZO6. Then of course mod the heck out of it.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #7105
600hp-lpe

Quote:
You are a blessed man to have a good wife my friend! It is hard to find women who understand us car nuts.
I have always wanted a Vette, owned one for 3 days back in the late 80's....long story
As soon as I can stop the bleeding on the home front I am going to get a ZO6. Then of course mod the heck out of it.
Yes, Jeanne allows me to have my car addiction and doesn't complain about my car stuff.. She actually encourages me to go out with the boys to a car show or race (local or on the road) weather I am racing or just watching.

Likewise, I assist her with her hobbies and vices. She is into photography, scrap booking, and children's books (kindergarten and 1st gr. schoolteacher).

We had a great Mother's day yesterday. Started the day with all of us participating in Kimberly's Daisy troop activity (handing out water to runners in a marathon). We went out to dinner with my MOM, and my wife Jeanne had a relaxing night in a hotel by herself afterwards (she had a conference in the morning, so I got a hotel room near where she needed to be in the AM).

I would have loved to purchase a new Z06.. price makes the car un-attainable to me.. :( let alone Modding one. I would need to win the lottery for that dream to come true for me.

Although.. I am thrilled that I have both cars right now.. even if my 2011 'Vette isn't as fully optioned as I would have liked. I am going to be very happy with this car. It was very lightly used, only 1 year old, had 8,000 miles on it, and I got a great deal from my friends over at Portsmouth Chevrolet.

I am very blessed indeed...

Here's a photo of Kimberly (in pink ) she was in the front of the Daisy troop line with a "thumbs up and high 5 to all of the runners as they went by. She was cheering them all on..
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #7106
mws444

Quote:
Yes, Jeanne allows me to have my car addiction and doesn't complain about my car stuff.. She actually encourages me to go out with the boys to a car show or race (local or on the road) weather I am racing or just watching.

Likewise, I assist her with her hobbies and vices. She is into photography, scrap booking, and children's books (kindergarten and 1st gr. schoolteacher).

We had a great Mother's day yesterday. Started the day with all of us participating in Kimberly's Daisy troop activity (handing out water to runners in a marathon). We went out to dinner with my MOM, and my wife Jeanne had a relaxing night in a hotel by herself afterwards (she had a conference in the morning, so I got a hotel room near where she needed to be in the AM).

I would have loved to purchase a new Z06.. price makes the car un-attainable to me.. :( let alone Modding one. I would need to win the lottery for that dream to come true for me.

Although.. I am thrilled that I have both cars right now.. even if my 2011 'Vette isn't as fully optioned as I would have liked. I am going to be very happy with this car. It was very lightly used, only 1 year old, had 8,000 miles on it, and I got a great deal from my friends over at Portsmouth Chevrolet.

I am very blessed indeed...

Here's a photo of Kimberly (in pink ) she was in the front of the Daisy troop line with a "thumbs up and high 5 to all of the runners as they went by. She was cheering them all on..
Dan, that is the Good Stuff! Nothing like being there for the kids, I just hope when the terrible teen years hit full on they remember us every once in a while.
My 15 year old is already more interested in her friends, school and sports then family time. I am guessing it will only get worse once she is driving.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #7107
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Dan, that is the Good Stuff! Nothing like being there for the kids, I just hope when the terrible teen years hit full on they remember us every once in a while.
My 15 year old is already more interested in her friends, school and sports then family time. I am guessing it will only get worse once she is driving.

Yes...

with lots more grey hair for DAD once they start *GASP* DATING...

You and I have 1 daughter.. Pete has 3...

Although... this application may come in handy... LOL
http://www.squidoo.com/application2datemydaughter
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #7108
Ryan@Lingenfelter

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
Hello All,
We have released a whole new apparel line with $5 from each item purchased donated to The Breast Cancer Awareness Research Foundation (shop pink) or the Lone Survivor Foundation (military apparel). Please follow the links for pictures and to order!

Shop Pink
or
Military

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan@Lingenfelter; 05-15-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Ryan@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #7109
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Mike and Dan,

We do the best we can to prepare our girls to make their way in the world with faith, values and some common sense. The problem is, guys haven't changed from when we were teens. Knowing what I know now, I was a complete ass in the way I treated women from age 14 to age 35 when I met Deb. I have discussed this and will continue to discuss this with my daughters. We have a rule in our family. Any young man that would like to take my daughter, niece and one of our employees has to come and see me first. I explain to them that I expect them to respect my girls. That goes in one ear and out the other. Then I tell them their responsibility is to never make one of my girls cry. If you make my daughter, niece, etc... cry I guarantee I will enjoy watching you sobbing. It has been interesting to watch my niece and employee beam while I interrogate their suitors. They seem to enjoy knowing they are loved and cared for. I hope my daughters will feel the same way.

The brutal reality is I know I can't protect my girls from guys like me and at that age they are all like me. If I am lucky I'll weed the field a bit.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #7110
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Mike and Dan,

We do the best we can to prepare our girls to make their way in the world with faith, values and some common sense. The problem is, guys haven't changed from when we were teens. Knowing what I know now, I was a complete ass in the way I treated women from age 14 to age 35 when I met Deb. I have discussed this and will continue to discuss this with my daughters. We have a rule in our family. Any young man that would like to take my daughter, niece and one of our employees has to come and see me first. I explain to them that I expect them to respect my girls. That goes in one ear and out the other. Then I tell them their responsibility is to never make one of my girls cry. If you make my daughter, niece, etc... cry I guarantee I will enjoy watching you sobbing. It has been interesting to watch my niece and employee beam while I interrogate their suitors. They seem to enjoy knowing they are loved and cared for. I hope my daughters will feel the same way.

The brutal reality is I know I can't protect my girls from guys like me and at that age they are all like me. If I am lucky I'll weed the field a bit.
I agree 100%, all of us guys are just plain jerks til we meet the "one". My daughter has a few hard lessons to learn, I wish I could spare her some of the hurt that goes along with growing up. In the end I guess we have to pray we did a good job leading up to those times when they must make decisions of the heart on their own.
It also helps that about every kid in thier school is afraid of me after I mixed it up with that basketball team.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #7111
600hp-lpe

Good advice Pete.. I knew I could learn a lot from you.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #7112
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
I really feel for you guys! Thank god I have 3 sons! I have however tried to teach them to respect girls and hopefully all the other fathers out there have taught their sons to respect girls too so life can maybe be a little bit easier for you guys and your daughters!
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote