Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #15
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
I don't know CA law, but in most states, unless they can prove fraud, they can go pound sand. They made the deal as is.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #16
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Ignorance is bliss.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Subscribing to hear the outcome of this. I would think that they got what they got. Did they asked you something and you flat out lied to them you might have a problem, but other wise I would think that the burden to inspect the car is on them.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #18
Supercharged2011

Drives: 2012 SS
I guess I could understand if the car came back as a salvage title and they wanted their money back but from what I have been reading this does not warrant the car to become salvage title or even having "frame damage".
Old 08-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #19
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Well obviously they tried to sell it to someone who probably pointed those things out and they lost the sale. Now they are butt hurt and want to double their profit by getting money back from you and probably selling it for market value later. If anything, they are probably crying wolf and hoping you will come running in with cash in hand...

Old 08-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged2011 View Post
I guess I could understand if the car came back as a salvage title and they wanted their money back but from what I have been reading this does not warrant the car to become salvage title or even having "frame damage".
Well, the problem is that the Camaro is unibody. So technically, the body is the frame. If it were cut to install the roll cage, then the roll cage were cut out, the integrity of the unibody could be compromised. Whether or not the body was repaired after the cage was cut out could be irrelevant, as from a seller/buyer perspective, it is not factory spec, therefore questionable. Bottom line for the dealer is that they cannot sell the car on their lot, liability reasons, and are most likely going to have to wholesale it as a frame damaged car. This depends a lot on the laws governing commercial dealerships in Ca. of course.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #21
tankboyt

Drives: 2012 2ss m6 Transformers Edition
I wouldn't worry about it the dealerships certainly don't when they get the better of the deal.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Well...was there ever a roll cage installed?
As his lawyer, I would recommend he not answer that question. (since forum posts are public)

Old 08-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #23
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
If it was a dealership, mostly likely it was a sale 'as is'. They typically don't want any ties with you after their screwing... It's pretty ironic though, that the dealership is upset with a purchase
Damn it, I forgot to use the sarcasm font!! Just meant it sucks to be that dealer, they would tell you to piss up a rope if you bought used from them, lol
Old 08-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #24
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Tell them you spent all the money you got for the car and your broke.
It will probably go away. And like #16 above said. ^^^^^
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I would stop talking now and not answer any of the questions being ask of you. Call a lawyer in your state and find out what you are up against. I could see you being liable if you knew of these issues and didn't them aware to the dealer. Especially in California
Old 08-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #26
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Sorry, "buyer beware" applies to the dealer here as it would for anybody who purchases a vehicle. You don't need to disclose anything unless you were specifically asked. They inspected, they bought, end of story.

If you did nothing to misrepresent the vehicle, you are in the clear.

JMHO and YMMV
Old 08-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #27
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I would stop talking now and not answer any of the questions being ask of you. Call a lawyer in your state and find out what you are up against. I could see you being liable if you knew of these issues and didn't them aware to the dealer. Especially in California
I agree with you on most points, especially when you know your dealership likely has shitgrin lawyers on retainer. Don't speak anymore until you know your rights. I know CA is "special" in every way, but the only recourse for the dealer is to prove they were defrauded. I don't think the dealer can prove that though. He didn't sell them a v6 as a zl1, he didn't sell them a salvage title car as a clean title, he simply traded in his Camaro. Not his problem that they now fear it was tracked a lot. The dealer had every opportunity to put that car on a hoist and have its techs check it out before they handed him a check.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Sorry, "buyer beware" applies to the dealer here as it would for anybody who purchases a vehicle. You don't need to disclose anything unless you were specifically asked. They inspected, they bought, end of story.

If you did nothing to misrepresent the vehicle, you are in the clear.

JMHO and YMMV
That's the way it is here. I wasn't sure what stange law California may have so the reason for my post.

Closed Thread