Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
The next time a fly lands

The next time you’re sitting in your garage working on your car and there’s this pesky fly pissing you off get out the bottle of Windex and hit it with that guaranteed it drops like a fly 100 times better than a flyswatter
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 09:21 AM   #2
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
A friend of mine has one of those toy guns that shoots grains of salt. He’s pretty good with it.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 11:49 AM   #3
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I was this year old, when I discovered burning coffee grounds (regular NOT decaf) will make a LOT of otherwise irritating insects keep their distance - flies, mosquitos etc). Put a small cone-shaped pile in a metal lid and light the tip of the pile (like burning incense) it doesn't burn so much as it smolders and my garage was remarkably insect-free even at the wee hours of the morning (I very often wake up at 2 AM, and go to the garage to keep from waking up the wife). I DID GOOGLE it, and the bugs HATE, HATE, HATE something about the smell of the smoldering coffee/caffeine.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #4
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
The next time you’re sitting in your garage working on your car and there’s this pesky fly pissing you off get out the bottle of Windex and hit it with that guaranteed it drops like a fly 100 times better than a flyswatter
Will keep that in mind, flays and mosquitos are my worst hated things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
A friend of mine has one of those toy guns that shoots grains of salt. He’s pretty good with it.
I have one, fun as hell, but not very effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
I was this year old, when I discovered burning coffee grounds (regular NOT decaf) will make a LOT of otherwise irritating insects keep their distance - flies, mosquitos etc). Put a small cone-shaped pile in a metal lid and light the tip of the pile (like burning incense) it doesn't burn so much as it smolders and my garage was remarkably insect-free even at the wee hours of the morning (I very often wake up at 2 AM, and go to the garage to keep from waking up the wife). I DID GOOGLE it, and the bugs HATE, HATE, HATE something about the smell of the smoldering coffee/caffeine.
I'm gonna try this. haven't heard of it before but sounds like a good idea. Thank's
Old 09-14-2023, 03:58 AM   #5
Yuriy19

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro (VI)
Yes, it is very easy to gain an additional skill. Instead of a mechanic, become a fly hunter
Yuriy19 is offline   Reply With Quote