Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I did end up getting a 1 year script. around here there are No country stations anymore. They all play that farmer wanna be a rapper shit.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #30
Toonaro

Drives: 2015 RS Commemorative Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire195 View Post
Sorry for your loss.

You also should of been a little more careful with your bills to be honest. I'm pretty careless with money, but I do know whats going out every month so I'm not losing money that way.
Nice dose of unwarranted, preachy advice.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #31
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
The only good thing I can say about Sirius XM is that it has a NASCAR channel I would listen to once in a while during my "free" period after purchasing my 1LS last fall.

I think there is probably a character limit to our posts so I can't explain my experiences with Sirius XM in total detail.

I have an autistic brother and treasurers music like you would not believe. A few years ago, I purchased from B.Buy one of their Lynx home/car portable units for him on his birthday.

I set it up for him, got the programming package he wanted that showed it had Howard on it (he loves Howard). Got it going and no Howard. Called and talked to someone on some unknown island and said the programming packages had changed and I had to buy the next higher one. Not wanting to upset my brother, I bent over and let them charge me for the higher cost package. Got my cc bill and they were now charging me for BOTH packages. Called again I don't remember how many times to get that straightened out, again always talked to some foreigner that couldn't speak English.

THEN they screwed me on the $50 rebate that I submitted...Even though the rebate was advertised on the box, it was denied because in the fine print it stated in order to get the rebate, it had to be purchased directly through XM.

Needless to say after the year subscription was up, we didn't renew it. Sold the Lynx on Ebay to some poor sole.

Their business practices are appalling.

"On December 4, 2014, Sirius XM Holdings agreed to a $3.8 million USD settlement with 45 states and the District of Columbia, over a suit initiated by the Ohio Attorney General, stemming from the company's billing and service renewal practices. The suit alleged Sirius XM Holdings was engaged in "misleading, unfair and deceptive acts or practices in violation of state consumer protection laws," Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said."
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #32
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
Bought my car on december 30th, thought i had a 3 month trial. I remember being on the phone when switching from my previous car. I just looked at it looks like its a 1 year trial, expires jan 1 2017, SCORE!
Old 04-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #33
LiveWire195

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonaro View Post
Nice dose of unwarranted, preachy advice.
What I meant by this was I know my monthly bills, but I'm careless when it comes to impulse buying.

I mean what do you want me to say, sorry you didn't check your accounts or communicate with your wife about this bill?
LiveWire195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #34
YellowFever

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue SS
I got the 1 year trial when I purchased my car. It just ended March 26th. I got the renewal thing in the mail in Feb. 6 months for 30 bucks. Sent a check service is still on. Did it for the wife car also 6 months 30 bucks. I'll pay the extra 2 bucks to pay by check so they can't have access to my CC any day. Hopefully I can keep re upping for 30 bucks every 6 months, if not then I'm out.
Hyper Blue 2SS - Cold Air Inductions CAI - Elite Engineering Catch Can - Black Fuel Door - GM Strut Tower Brace - GM Fender Hash Stripes - Ikon Front Lower Spoiler Lip - GM Black Bow Ties - GM Rear Deck Blackout - 35% Window Tint - GM Smoked Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light - Range Technologies AFM Disabler - Jet Performance Stage 2 Module - Jet Performance MAF Sensor - Jet Performance Throttle Body - GM Stainless Gas & Brake Pedal Upgrade - Soler Performance TC - OE Wheels ZL1 Replicas
YellowFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #35
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
Id dispute it with your bank they can get your money back...just tell them it was an unauthorized charge.

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #36
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod View Post
Couldn't you use one of those temporary credit cards that only has so much money on it? Like a gift card ?? I might try that...
That's what I do, then they call you when they can't bill you behind you back. You can't get the same 'deal' from them twice in a row, so I alternate between the 5 months for $25 and the 6 months for $30. (Although I think they bumped those prices recently.) I also have XM in the wife's car, so when they give me a hard time I respond "OK, cancel both cars immediately." That usually gets their attention and they just give me the deal I asked for.